Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 33,001 to 33,020 of 45,667

Heavyarms55

@Anti-Matter I really don't think you have anything to worry about in an official Nintendo Direct dude... Nintendo might have an M rated game announced in one, but they are really good about keeping Directs extremely family friendly. I mean, wouldn't you want to know which games are M rated, so you can avoid them?

@Link-Hero I was being a bit sarcastic, obviously you weren't actually being that bad. "Slow down there Satan" is something I remember hearing on TV at some point and variations of it just kinda stuck with me. Even though I can't actually remember where I heard the phrase.

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55 / SW 4867-2891-2493#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Anti-Matter

@Heavyarms55
I would rather never want to know their existences, their names, their looking, whatsoever because once i saw them with my eyes or i realized their existence with my sense by accidentally, it will stay inside my brain forever and it was like attacking or terrorizing or abusing me by physically. And they will be added in my Black list as the enemy should i destroy / annihilate due to attacking me.

From Nindie Direct yesterday, i have no idea which games were rated M and neither i care or want to know their names / existences because it just useless, made me upset and made more enemies in my Black list.

How did i know if the games i saw very quickly were rated M ?
If i noticed the theme was shooting, criminals, dark theme, horror, blood, strong violences, i quit watching for a while until i felt it was safe enough to continue watching the Direct.

My Top 10 villagers on ACNH:
1. Rooney
2. Raymond
3. Sterling
4. Wolfgang
5. Apollo
6. Sherb
7. Marshal
8. Curt
9. Jay
10. Tybalt

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

HobbitGamer

Anyway....

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Zuljaras

@HobbitGamer True that!!!

So today I got a surprise on the mail! I got my copy of Yu-Gi-Oh for the Switch!

Can't wait to start the story campaign tonight!!!

So many memories with the animated series

Zuljaras

Anti-Matter

My Nintendo toys from Happy Meal at McDonald restaurant.
Untitled
Untitled

1. Rooney
2. Raymond
3. Sterling
4. Wolfgang
5. Apollo
6. Sherb
7. Marshal
8. Curt
9. Jay
10. Tybalt

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

LetsaGO

@Anti-Matter nice toys. But that food is evil criminal. It’s bad. I would never buy fatty bad criminal evil food. I wouldn’t ever. 😉

LetsaGO

Laoak

Screw the rules I have YuGiOh on Switch!

{funny quote here}

bimmy-lee

Easily the lamest couple of pages I’ve had to catch up on since I started following this thread. It would be hilarious if it was satire, but it’s not, so it’s sad.

@Anti-Matter - Nice toys. Keep being awesome dude. It’s dangerous to go alone, but you can do it.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Anti-Matter

@bimmy-lee
Brrr... 😖
It is cold here at my nearest McDonald restaurant.
I'm sitting near of entrance with low temperature AC.
Well... I'm playing my 3DS game right now after meal time at McDonald restaurant.
I will go back to my home later.

1. Rooney
2. Raymond
3. Sterling
4. Wolfgang
5. Apollo
6. Sherb
7. Marshal
8. Curt
9. Jay
10. Tybalt

bimmy-lee

@Anti-Matter - Some DDR on S rank at 1,000 bpm will warm you up. Just found out my local mall is adding a two story arcade. Bet they’ll have at least a couple DDR machines. Maybe I’ll practice and challenge some of your high scores.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Anti-Matter

Yay... I got some chicken with mushroom noodle for my additional dinner at my home from my Mom. 😀
Untitled

1. Rooney
2. Raymond
3. Sterling
4. Wolfgang
5. Apollo
6. Sherb
7. Marshal
8. Curt
9. Jay
10. Tybalt

Heavyarms55

Okay no joking, I wont eat McDonald's anymore. Like I actually refuse. It's just salty laxatives shaped like food. For several years I thought "oh, it's been a while and this is a different McDonald's, maybe last time I got sick, it was just a fluke" then I would try them again, spend like, an hour wanting to die in the bathroom, and realize, no, McDonald's is poison.

Doesn't happen to me with food from any other fast food chain.

NintendoByNature

@Heavyarms55 not even just getting sick and feeling like crap the rest of the day, but it's also getting really pricey. Most meals are like $6 or 7. I went and got some hibachi at the food court of my mall ( basic chicken teriyaki with white rice and steamed veggies) with a bottle of water and it was only $7. It's like how is McDonalds the same price as this hot, freshly made, delicious food?

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Heavyarms55

@NintendoByNature I consider 6-7 dollars for a meal, ready to eat and warm to be perfectly reasonable for fast food these days. We're paying for the service as well as the food itself and people working in those restaurants already make next to nothing.

But McDonald's is a special case - it's not food, it's poison that is all but guaranteed to make me sick. I'd almost pay NOT to eat it at this point. I'd literally skip a meal, or just get something to drink, if it were the only option.

NintendoByNature

@Heavyarms55 I guess that makes sense about service and all that. While that's not super expensive, It makes it seem that way when you can get better options for the same price is all. But most of the signature items on the menu are actually upwards of 8 and 9 bucks so still, it can get pricey. It's usually slopped together and like you said, afterwards leaves you feeling sick.

NintendoByNature

NEStalgia

@Heavyarms55 It's just really sad how they can so predictably change the world to one that benefits them by simply making sure everyone that grows up is familiar with one format, and then just wait until everyone who remembers anything else dies off, then bingo, new world, of your own creation!

The idea that you and anyone younger than you have been so fully conditioned for a disposable-everything world is beyond depressing. Meanwhile when I buy something and it breaks after 7 years my thought is "It's brand new, this shouldn't be anywhere close to breaking!" (wearable parts like controllers and such aside, of course.)

Of course parts could break. Using a washing machine as probably the most classic example, it's all bout how it's built. They used to...heck even in the 90's....build them (they are categorized as "durable goods" meaning large purchases that last a long time, and are factored into inflation etc as such) to last 20+ years. Sure, a motor or belt, or gearing, or gasket or such could fail. And a failure of something might take another part or parts with it. But the actual machine endured and endured. Any parts that failed like that were designed to be replaceed. There was working space between parts, they were bolted in with common fasteners, the design was such that it was meant to be kept in service indefinitely and any component that failed could be replaced indefinitely (and prior to that things like pumps and valves weren't even replaced, they were repaired/rebuilt!)

Commercial equipment is still built in that way. Mostly....though even that's changing.

Fast forward to today, I remember a good, I don't know 15 years ago or more an interview with a Whirlpool exec saying they no longer build them to last 20 years, but 8-10 because "most people prefer to remodel and change colors and designs in that time." Oh, great, a bunch of rich people like throwing out perfectly good things to change colors so you just don't bother making them last anymore so that one no longer has a choice? Great!

Now, today, the same washing machines, are not built for repair. The drums are made of thin aluminum. They corrode in the water, they disintegrate, that can't really be repaired without total disassembly that costs more than a new machine. But before that even happens the electronics boards tend to fail in a few years. The drop in replacement costs so much, and installation requires so much disassembly any repair service tells you it's cheaper to just throw it out and buy a new one. It's designed to be thrown in a landfill every few years.

That's just the biggest, most obvious example. But it applies to everything. Outdoor furniture. The old stuff? Build of high grade PVC, cast aluminum, other quality materials. I have a set from my grandparents from 40+ years ago...it may not look the prettiest, the metals form oxides and discolor in time, but it's still functional. Meanwhile the set I bought 3 years ago made of cheap Chinese powder-coated steel is already rusting through and ready for the landfill. Past ready.

The machines, and equipment lasted forever. It may have needed parts and repairs, but the machine was designed to facilitate being repaired as part of it's primary design. Anyone with a screwdriver and a lick of sense could repair their own stuff. Today we have security screws even on semi-repairable things.

And if you want quality, durability, and repair-ability? You buy commercial machines for about 5x the price of consumer. They're big, hot, noisy, and energy inefficient, but they do last! Then the "greenies" will whine about energy efficiency. That's great, you have your nifty energy efficient petrolium made consumer good you'll dump in a (Canadian) landfill in 2 years while you have another one flown in from Guang Dong. I'll still be throwing a handful of long-lasting parts into my "energy guzzler" every 5+ years until I'm dead ,and it won't budge from this spot, no jet fuel or bilge pumps required. Who's being wasteful again?

That's the really sad part. The same people that adopted the disposable import plastic society are the same ones that will whine about energy use, recycling, saving the planet, blah blah blah. Idiots still haven't figured out that we were already half way to their goal before they managed to discard the way things already worked and change it to something worse.

I should have a bonfire of polystyrene cups to celebrate their genius.

Edit: Actually there's a past example of the opposite. Back in the 50's or so, Japan was first getting into the industrial export world, and their products......were pretty awful. They didn't last at all, constantly broke, and were generally disposable. Which was EXTREMELY bad in that period of time. Thus the invention of the phrase "getting japped"....basically getting conned into buying cheap garbage that was guaranteed to fail - getting ripped off. So "Made in Japan" had the same connotation "Made in China" has today (or worse, given today people have accepted disposable goods, and back then people hadn't.) Of course Japan was just failing to perfect their copy & improve methodology and later got it perfect to the point "Made in Japan" implies as-good-or-better-than anything stamped "Made in USA/Germany/etc." China on the other hand....just doesn't seem to care, and that's a long-standing cultural mentality there. And the world seems to have embraced that philosophy. Shiny new colors sell.

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@Heavyarms55 Yeah, I guess that's true. I know that I myself am always very careful with my consoles and handhelds, and I clean them every now and then, so I also take care of them in that regard, and I'm certainly not accusing everyone that does have issues of bad care or neglect, but in the back of my mind, I'm always wondering about these things, because I simply can't be THAT lucky that ALL of my consoles, handhelds and even various home computers (Commodore Amiga's) are all still in near mint condition and full working order, while others go through several consoles in one generation.

Something about that just doesn't add up, and of course, my version of being careful with stuff is different from other people's. I mean, seriously: if any of my consoles or handhelds has a scratch on it, I already start freaking out, figuratively speaking...

On a side note: I've never gotten sick from McDonald's food. I actually went there quite recently with a couple of friends, to get some burgers before watching the latest Spider-Man movie.

Could also be a case of them using slightly different "poisons" in the various areas around the world, much like how soft drink companies also use different ingredients in different areas. (for example: in the US, Coca Cola is made with corn syrup, while over here in Europe, regular sugar is used)

Either that, or my stomach is lined with concrete...

@Ninfan Well, those are the official numbers, so I tend to put more faith in that than any old YouTube video.
I actually did see that video in my recommended videos list, but I haven't watched it.

@Tyranexx More dressed down than jeans and a T-shirt? Must have been a redneck wedding, then...

@Link-Hero That's a good description of what might happen.
Guess we'll just have to use our imagination, then.

@Anti-Matter Yeah, we saw you hysterically typing "Eject" in the chat about a dozen times during the stream, and far as I'm concerned, it was just about the most annoying and childish thing about the whole Direct.

It's perfectly fine if you don't like something, but there's no need to be weird about it or to constantly share your dislike with everyone. The rest of us were actually enjoying all the games, and negativity takes away from that.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

HobbitGamer

@NEStalgia I was born in ‘85, but I still think things should last awhile. That’s clearly evident by my adoration for older vehicles 😂. But yeah, I’ve got appliances that are repairable as opposed to replaceable, down to fans, vacuums, and lawn equipment. Not only does it give me something to do and provide a more fulfilling sense of ownership, but learning to repair things is still a wonderful experience for me. One grandpa actually had a “repair shop” when he retired. The kind that people brought in all sorts of stuff and he tinkered till it worked again. That’s likely where I get it from.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia You just KNOW that when you're busy typing away on your own comment, and it suddenly gets pushed all the way down so that you have to scroll back to it, to be able to continue typing, that a NEStalgia text wall has been posted...

Completely agreed with your point, though.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic