Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 32,741 to 32,760 of 45,585

Anti-Matter

@DenDen
Oh, we have talked about Dora the movie disaster and previously was about cat's gender.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

My Top 10 villagers on ACNH:
1. Rooney
2. Raymond
3. Sterling
4. Wolfgang
5. Apollo
6. Sherb
7. Marshal
8. Curt
9. Jay
10. Tybalt

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

DenDen

@Anti-Matter dora the movie im going there with my nephew wish me good luck haha

Now playing
Switch : Animal Crossing new Horizon.
Streets of rage 4
Trials of mana
FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

Heavyarms55

Feels good man. Been a long while since I've been able to let myself sit and play video games for like, 7+ hours in a single day. Feels real good!

Been even longer since I've been so into a game I forgot to eat until way later than is normal or healthy. lol

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55 / SW 4867-2891-2493#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

bimmy-lee

@Tyranexx - Haha, nothing wrong with Barney. He’s goofy, but the show is sweet and somewhat educational. My youngest brother watched it a lot, my kids a little bit. I wanted to follow up with you on the Homeward Bound right before you left for vacation, but forgot. What a great kid’s movie! It’s even fun to watch now to laugh at the acting, and marvel at the awkward 1993 fashion.

@NintendoByNature - A big tub of ice cream is perfect, everyone wins.

@HobbitGamer - Did you ever watch any Today’s Special? It was a kid’s show featuring one of the tropes that terrified me the most when I was young: mannequins that come to life when nobody is around. Yuck. I watched it soaked in fear.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee got a trap set up today. But its a make shift one with tuna ( I know, how original lol). Trying to see if it works. Otherwise my boss told me to go over to Menards or home depot since they have small traps there. Stay tuned

NintendoByNature

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - Haha, the tuna and makeshift trap have a definitive Loony Toon quality to them. You’ll be okay as long as you don’t start hunting wascaly kittens to make kitty stew. I’ll be refreshing often to see how this goes for you. Hope it goes well.

limby-bee was a jerk.

Eel

Eh at six I was watching blues clues and loving it.

Barney was earlier than that.

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee full on Elmer fudd today for sure. The family is laughing at Me, but they'll see.

Side note: Barney was alright when I was 4 or 5. Really a timeless classic I can still watch today, is ninja turtles. The cartoons or the live action. They never give me the feeling that I'm too old for them

NintendoByNature

Eel

Well the tmnt wasn’t really an early childhood show, those are the ones we tend to outgrow.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Hey, buddy. Sorry 'bout the late reply. Glad you liked the "woman bouncing repeatedly into glass wall" gif.

@NEStalgia And to you too: sorry for the late reply. Have been under the weather a bit, and busy with other stuff, but apparently, even a full seven pages later, all I've missed is Pokémon, cat genitals, bad kiddy movie reviews and some fun with the guy that always only changes the first part of his name, so I guess I'm back up to speed again...

That wall of yours was actually interesting to read, and offers some unique insights as well, albeit not quite relevant to the point I have been trying to make in several comments. Allow me to clarify: it's actually really simple, in regards to my original point, which is that compared to the rest of the world, there are far more mass shootings involving any type of gun or rifle in the US than in any other country. That there's also more murders in general, or more killings done with hammers, is rather besides the point.

And besides, larger countries do often tend to have more of something in general, but that too is besides the point. The part where I mentioned the candy analogy was only theoretical, because I don't necessarily see taking away all guns as the perfect solution. But limiting access and making the rules stricter would definitely be good.

Oh, and according to a recent news item I saw here last week, quite a few shops themselves are already applying stricter rules, making it more difficult for shady characters to get their hands on guns, but because the local and associated police stations and/or other law enforcement agencies don't have their facts straight, or numbers up to date, the verification of those applied rules and documents often stalls or even fails completely, meaning that it still goes wrong, regardless of the shop owners doing the right thing, so they're kinda doing it for nothing, which is a whole other level of sad, if you stop and think about it.

Either way, I think I'll get off the plane here, because there's not much more to say about the topic, and I don't think you have to be from some place to still be able to understand that place, and/or figure out what's going on or is wrong in that place. And besides, all the world's leading America experts, sociologists, psychologists and anthropologists (including US native ones) have already come to the logical conclusion, so I'll leave it up to them, since they've done far more of a deeper dive on the subject matter than any of us ever will.

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

bimmy-lee

Can’t wait to watch the TMNT cartoons with my kids in a few years. I’ve shown them the opening, and they love it. I bought a bootleg cassette copy of the TMNT movie soundtrack at a flea market when I was in fifth grade. I wore that thing out. That movie and the original Batman movie were very significant moments of my youth. Barely survived the wait for them to come to theaters.

limby-bee was a jerk.

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - Hey, I’ve been wondering about you. Wasn’t sure if it was poor form to summon you. Still enjoying that gif.

limby-bee was a jerk.

Eel

Oh the Batman cartoon was so cool.

Gargoyles too.

Bloop.

My dead channel.

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Yeah, had to deal with some personal crap, and been a bit under the weather, literally due to the heat, so the term is quite appropriate in this case...

But always nice to be remembered.

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Eel

Talking about weather, it rained here the other day, for a whole five minutes.

It was refreshing.

Bloop.

My dead channel.

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - Ah, well I hope the personal stuff is dealt with and you’re on the road to recovery. None of that sounds any fun. The lack of purple titan was distinct, though we’re all due an unplug every now and again.

@NintendoByNature - Man, I’m having a lot of fun thinking about you in a flannel cap with a string in your hand tied to a stick propping up an upside down cardboard box with a can of tuna underneath.

@StableInvadeel - Speaking of deserts, my son randomly decided to kill a baby barrel cactus that my daughter and I grew from seed and nurtured under a grow light for the last three years. He just smashed it with a little fairy statue right in front of us. We almost fought him.

limby-bee was a jerk.

Eel

That deserves a good amount of parental disappointment.

Bloop.

My dead channel.

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - Nice! Urban Kitty Hunter has a nice ring to it. I would watch an episode just to see you with your arm stuck shoulder deep in a front porch vent, feeling around blindly until you yell, “Crikey, I found one! I think it’s a big calico!!!”

limby-bee was a jerk.

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Yeah, the personal stuff is dealt with. Well, mostly anyway. And I'm not really sick, I was just under the weather a bit. I'm all better now, but until yesterday, I was feeling a bit off, so to speak, due to a combination of the heat, my meds and a recurring/periodical treatment that I can definitely recommend to absolutely no one.

But yes, regardless of that, the unplug was refreshing and even kinda necessary. As you know, I'm no stranger to text walls, but once they start to border on the offensive side, then I need to reign myself in for a bit. I don't anger easily, but once I am, I do stay angry for longer than the average Joe, so I don't cool down easily, and the specific topic (gun violence) was one I shouldn't have addressed in the first place, because I am so adamantly against it, that it sparks all kinds of sensations and emotions in me, which is hardly conducive to any kind of logical and/or calm type of discussion making.

The downside of the virtual unplug is that, especially in threads like this one, you're immediately buried in 6 to 7 pages, if not more, if you're unlucky...

(but I've read them all, regardless. I hate not being clued in on stuff)

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic