Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 32,741 to 32,760 of 96,519

HobbitGamer

Santa Claus Tracker.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@Heavyarms55 Completely, 100% agreed on your Stadia sentiments.

@Tyranexx @bimmy-lee
Untitled
@Cissero I'd say try the actual Switch thread where you'll be more likely to receive an actual answer.

On a side note: I'd go for Sniper Elite, if that already interests you, and apparently you also like RPG's, so why not give that wonderful new Dragon Quest game a go? You can even try the free demo first, to see if you might like it or not. The demo contains a massive 10 hours of gameplay, and any progress you make in it, can be imported into the full game, if you decide to get it.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

bimmy-lee

@Tyranexx - We’ve all been there, plotting our 12th step when suddenly we bungle the fourth step and the house of cards come down. Better luck doorwaying next time. I have nothing but confidence in your ability to rebound from this.

@ThanosReXXX- It’s her third (third!) attempt at doorwaying that just slays me. She’s so confident that she’s learned from her previous two mistakes and has successfully located a real exit, that she actually leads with her head! That’s an absurd maneuver when you’ve just face planted twice into glass panes. I would have had my arms straight out in front of me at that point, just shuffling and feeling around for any sort of clue like Velma after she lost her glasses.

@Heavyarms55 - I don’t want streaming, but at some point, it’s probably what we’re going to get. It may not be possible with the internet as we currently know it, but like anything; the internet is an idea away from existing in a way beyond our current understanding.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Anti-Matter

Meanwhile....
Six Pack Link BOTW (Still in progress)

Anti-Matter

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Originally, there was a bit of text with the video, and that quite correctly pointed out that in most cases, shoes are an indicator of an exit or doorway (well, in a sports hall anyway), so when she saw the shoes on the floor, she probably expected that to finally be the right one...
(edit: which might also explain the rather confident head-first move)

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Cissero

@ThanosReXXX thanks! That's a great idea

A proud Switch owner that's always working on the impossible mission of clearing his backlog.

Eel

Oh no. This is bad. Bad bad bad bad bad bad.

It would seem my country is starting to go full stupid, and now PayPal will work only as a money transferring service. So no more saving in dollars, no more online wallet, no more paying with dollars online.

Starting late september, flush, out goes all the money directly to a bank account.

This is honestly scary, if the goverment apparently wants more direct control over money. I'll have to discreetly empty my account.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX Thanks for the gif repost. I missed it the first time around. I would've had my arms out after attempt one or two.

@bimmy-lee Thanks! Luckily it was a glancing blow, but it was enough to smart for the next hour or so.

I can't imagine what doorwaying must be like for really tall people. I'm about 5'8" so don't usually have to worry about ducking in most situations.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Anti-Matter

@Tyranexx
I'm 180 cm / 6' 0" tall.
Ouch...!
I can bump into that glass wall. 🤕😆

Anti-Matter

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - I considered the shoes, but if you look, there are two pieces of paper taped to the third pane at face level, a dead giveaway that this is indeed another pane of glass. She doesn’t see them of course, because she’s holding her face, concussed, scared, and desperate to escape her living nightmare. I kinda feel like I should send her a card at this point.

@Tyranexx - Glad it was just glancing. I have a friend who’s 6’11”, which is “people stop and stare” height. The guy has hit his head on everything since his early teens. He actually looks taller, and most people guess he’s over seven feet tall. My theory is that anything over 6’7” or so starts to become freakishly tall, and people just assume you’re nine feet tall.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx Yeah, I think most of use would, or so we'd like to think...
Maybe she had a lot on her mind, which impeded her judgment in the moment.

@Anti-Matter Height has nothing to do with it, seeing as the glass plates were simply a wall, so ducking wouldn't have made any difference. And you're not really that tall. I'm almost one head taller than you.

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Of course, I agree, but like I said to Tyranexx, she was probably distracted, and after already having bumped your head twice, you would probably also not be thinking as clearly anymore. And then there's probably also the factor of being ashamed to have that happen to you in public, which might also affect your judgment. We as bystanders are often judging a bit too quick, as if stuff like that would never happen to us, but I've also walked into several glass doors back in the day.

HobbitGamer

@StableInvadeel So would the only way to save up USD without bank control be in physical form? But that would still mean you’d need to involve an exchange, right?

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Eel

@HobbitGamer It would involve going to an exchange house, buying dollars, and keeping them under my bed or something.

Of course, if I get dollars via paypal, paypal takes its international deposit share, then converts it to pesos, takes its conversion share, then deposits on my bank account, and then I go somewhere to buy dollars at a lousy rate, that means I would be wasting more money. So saving in dollars is kinda not viable for me now.

It's not like I could actually spend them directly in retail, but it was nice to have money saved in a currency that doesn't need to remove three zeros from itself to work around devaluation.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Anti-Matter

Updated my drawing status:
Six pack Link BOTW (Ready to be colored)

Anti-Matter

Ryu_Niiyama

@StableInvadeel Ok I have to ask. Do your name changes have a meaning behind them?

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Eel

@Ryu_Niiyama stable is where you store livestock, usually horses, an invader is someone or something that breaks into a place or habitat, usually with hostile intents, and an eel is a marine creature.

I considered using Barn instead of Stable, but I thought stable gave it more of a space invaders look.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Ryu_Niiyama

@StableInvadeel Gotcha.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Tyranexx

@Anti-Matter I wouldn't think height would matter in terms of colliding with a glass wall, unless that glass wall is above a door frame....

@bimmy-lee I used to work with a guy who was 6' 7". He was pretty good natured and had heard the whole gamut of "tall" questions and would even roll along with the jokes. "How's the weather up there?"

We got along quite well, particularpy where puns were involved.

@ThanosReXXX I can totally relate if that's the case. I've been making a little more of an effort to live outside of my head when the situation calls for it lately, but it's hard at times when you're kind of attached to it at all times.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic