Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 32,701 to 32,720 of 96,508

Eel

Well they are twins after all.

In other news, huh, my phone updated and suddenly it uses googles keyboard instead of the one it had before.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Joe-b

Anyone play Horizon Chase Turbo. Could use assistance. Played maybe 5 countries cannot unlock the next one...have trophies on my tracks but for some reason can't unlock....anyone? thanks,

Joe-b

Tyranexx

Regarding the convo on shorts and skirts, here's a special Tyranexx referism:

"I like shorts! They're comfy and easy to wear!"

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

bimmy-lee

Made it back safe and sound, thanks for the well wishes all. Drank and ate too much, I have a sunburn, and my face hurts from laughing. Had a great time. I’ll only chime in on one conversation: Birdo is my favorite enemy character in all of the Mushroom Kingdom. I’m the weirdo.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Ninfan

Wonder if the new console Google are bringing out will have any good games on it???

Ninfan

HobbitGamer

Stadia is a delivery service so far, not an actual console. Much like Netflix vs a bunch of different brand DVD players.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee glad to hear it was fun. Hopefully you guys didn't do anything "too" foolish over the weekend 😉. Btw met Bo Jackson yesterday at my buddies. At one point there was a q and a. Of course, as any Nintendo fan would. I had to ask....

" why were you so damn unstoppable in tecmo bowl? Literally you can run around for days and no one would catch you."

His reply: Well.....because that's way it was in real life.

Great answer 😂

NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

@Ninfan you better have a great internet connection at all times. That's where I would run into issues

NintendoByNature

Ninfan

@NintendoByNature I see so I'll have to get the telephone line .that will cost me a fortune. How much is the internet in america

Ninfan

NintendoByNature

@Ninfan not sure about the telephone line. Mines expensive because i don't bundle it with tv. Maybe $50? Still it's not good enough to continuously stream games. Could be a world wide thing. But smash always lags for me and splatoon always kicks me out mid match

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

Joe-b wrote:

Anyone play Horizon Chase Turbo. Could use assistance. Played maybe 5 countries cannot unlock the next one...have trophies on my tracks but for some reason can't unlock....anyone? thanks,

Could you be a little more specific? What trophies did you get? Bronze, silver or gold?

I have the game, but haven't played for a while. However, far as I can remember, the requirements for getting to the next stage get harder every time, so where at first you could move on to the next with bronze trophies, you'd have to become better and better to get a high enough points total, to be able to move on to the next levels later on.

So, perhaps you should check the results of all your previous races, and see if you've gotten gold on all of them. If not, then you'll probably have to do those again, until you only have gold medals, and that should be enough to unlock every next level and/or country. Also, try and get an as high as possible score on the challenge stages.

A small bit of additional advice: seeing as this is the Chit-Chat thread, you might not catch all that many people playing this game, so you might want to post your question in the main Switch thread instead, where more game related matters are discussed.

But do let me know if my answer has helped you out in any way. I'd be curious to hear about that...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Anti-Matter

Ninfan wrote:

Wonder if the new console Google are bringing out will have any good games on it???

I pretend Stadia is never exist.
No physical games, no great games like Nintendo, Streaming Only = Hell NO

Anti-Matter

Heavyarms55

Ugh, Monday again. How did the weekend go by so darn fast? Oh that's right, I spent it playing Fire Emblem, SAO Fatal Bullet, Tetris 99 and watching anime. Good weekend! But man did it blow right by! Finished my first route in FE3H and dropped bunch of time into Fatal Bullet, which is proving to be as fun as Hollow Realization was, which I also really liked. The one distinct improvement has to be that you aren't playing as Kirito but your own character. This means the rather nice character creator feature can be enjoyed without suddenly having his voice come out of your mouth... lol

But then again, it suffers from my usual gripes I have with "avatar" characters and silent protagonists. I still just prefer a fully voiced main character who is their own character. But I seem to be in a minority.

Ah well, still have a bunch of fun with these games. Gotta say, you could tell there was a Tetris 99 event this weekend, even if you somehow ignored the new theme and music it was consistently harder to play. On a regular day I can pretty consistently place in the top 30 or top 20, but during events like that one it's a much tougher challenge to get even top 50. Though I did get 8th place in one game.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

HobbitGamer

@Heavyarms55 that FE them for T99 is wicked cool. I put my effort in on Friday night and it was definitely tough. At one point I had 8 people hitting me simultaneously. I have a bad habit of building lines to drop multiple Tetris clears back to back, but it was almost impossible Friday. I got knocked out at 82 once, and I normally stick around the 30-45 range.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Tyranexx

I'm interested to see what happens with Stadia, but it's not a service that I'm personally interested in. Besides the fact that I prefer having access to my games without an internet connection, I'm not even sure if my internet would be consistent enough during high traffic hours to give me lag-free performance.

@bimmy-lee Glad that you had a great time! I can think of many worse reasons for one's face to hurt. Like accidentally hitting it on the side of a entryway like yours truly did yesterday.

(I'm fine; it was just a d'oh moment....)

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Heavyarms55

It's probably petty, but I actually want Stadia to fail because I want this stupid trend of "streaming is the future of gaming" to die. Even if streaming works perfectly, you just don't own anything anymore and need to be online constantly to play anything. I really don't like that. If the servers go down for maintenance you can't play. If your ISP has trouble, you can't play. If you are sharing bandwidth with someone else in the house, you get more lag. If you are too far from your router, you can't play. If you're playing on 5G and lose the signal, your game is ruined...

But if it takes off, companies will save millions of dollars a year on shipping and packaging and the cost of producing any physical product at all. And if digital download games are anything to go by, you wont save any money, in fact, it will be more expensive in the long run.

bimmy-lee

I have zero interest in Stadia and streaming games at the moment, but I could be enticed to consider such a thing in the future when the infrastructure is in place for it. It would depend on what’s on offer, and if I have the means to enjoy it. It seems an inevitable future, though still distant. Google may as well take the first step and stumble around with streaming for a while, maybe do some ground work and iron out a few of the early kinks before they bail on it completely.

@NintendoByNature - Man, what a great reply, and it’s the truth. The guy ruined Brian Bosworth. What could have been. That’s a really cool experience. I’m sure everyone of a certain age knew exactly what you were talking about. We’re getting too old for “too foolish”. We just try to hover somewhere around regular foolish, and focus on eating, drinking, and not having any emergency room visits. There’s a great story about one guy veering briefly into too foolish range, but it’s not printable, and the rest of us were able to get him corralled with out too much too foolishness occurring.

@Tyranexx - Ouch, look out in those entry ways. I assume it wasn’t as bad as the gif @ThanosReXXX posted a few weeks ago of someone continuously running face first into glass walls?

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee that's good. Nothing worse than a police station visit or hospital visit. glad everyone was safe and contained.

NintendoByNature

Heavyarms55

@bimmy-lee I'm not convinced that it actually is the future. Even if we have fiber optic systems everywhere there is still hundreds or thousands of miles between gamer and server and who knows how many junctions and relays. Just imagine playing even something like Mario with a 1-2 second delay on every input.

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic