Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 31,881 to 31,900 of 45,708

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX it was simple for it to work. Or was a bulleted list of everything everyone was feeling, and justifying every bias they had. "I knew it! It's just what I've said all along! This group and that group and the businesses! They've been putting against us for do long just like i knew! ". It didn't really really much effort to nudge people to verbally want what they quietly wanted anyway. It just took someone, or a committee, with the ability to read what the public was quietly smoldering in thought with. The rest was autopilot. Being at Rock bottom in a depression makes almost anything believable if the first step is rob people you don't like and give it to yourself.

But yeah "common man". Works as well today in democratic politics as it did then in authoritarian setups.

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@HobbitGamer Thanks in advance for your efforts and your review.
By the way, I can top that triple nap disaster: I took the day off yesterday, to have an extra long weekend. Decided to stay up extra late the evening before, to play some games, and catch up on some recorded TV shows, and because of that, I decided to switch off the alarm clock, to allow myself to wake up naturally the next morning.

But somehow, some numbskull decided to call me out of bed at around 9am, getting me out of my way too short slumber, so obviously, I wasn't about to stay awake after the call ended 5 to 10 minutes later, so I went to bed again. But of course, still being half asleep, I forgot all about the disabled alarm clock, so I slept through all of the morning, and part of the afternoon, and finally woke up at around 13.15, not at all rested, and p-ed off as all hell, because of that stupid phone call messing up my day and my semi-planned agenda for my day off...

@NEStalgia Well, it's either that, or the demi-god rulers of the classic eras watching over us.
I guess that ultimately, there's never really been a good choice where politicians are concerned...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

bimmy-lee

@HobbitGamer - That’s good to know, I’m super excited to get the Labo kits. My daughter is ready for the build and play, but my son isn’t quite there. I’m trying to hold off another six months to a year so he can catch up and be in on all of it. I’ve been excited about this since the initial Labo reveal.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

NintendoByNature

No lie, I just had the hiccups for a solid 10 minutes straight. When I was a kid I saw on tv some guy got hiccups like 10 years prior and it never went away. So every time i have them more than a couple minutes I legitimatly worry I'll have them forever

NintendoByNature

Anti-Matter

@NintendoByNature
Burping will cure the hiccups quickly. 😉
Well... It definetely not appropriate in front of a lot people but it work.

My Top 10 villagers on ACNH:
1. Rooney
2. Raymond
3. Sterling
4. Wolfgang
5. Apollo
6. Sherb
7. Marshal
8. Curt
9. Jay
10. Tybalt

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Eel

It's all fun and games until you get a hiccup reflex while you drink your soda.

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Anti-Matter

@Morpheel
Oh, it doesn't have to with soda. 😀
Any drinks will work.
I recommend a plain water to cure the hiccups.
Just hold your breath, drink the water with breath holding, swallow it then you can breath again, hiccups bye bye.

1. Rooney
2. Raymond
3. Sterling
4. Wolfgang
5. Apollo
6. Sherb
7. Marshal
8. Curt
9. Jay
10. Tybalt

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Eel

But how will you burp on plain water

Bloop.

My dead channel.

Anti-Matter

@Morpheel
I can burp whenever i want by swallowing any edible liquids.
Trust me, i have done with plain water everytime i got hiccups and it worked.

1. Rooney
2. Raymond
3. Sterling
4. Wolfgang
5. Apollo
6. Sherb
7. Marshal
8. Curt
9. Jay
10. Tybalt

Joe-b

Hello, Just bought a Switch tonight. Seems like the green light on my dock lights up for a few seconds, then goes out....however, the unit is charging....I believe...can someone explain how the dock works when charging...? thanks,

Joe-b

NEStalgia

@Joe-b assuming all is well with the hardware, the light is only on when the switch is on, that's the "console power indicator light" - there is no light, indicator, or gauge showing the switch is charging (yes, that's immensely stupid... Then again, Lenovo thought havingno charging light on thinkpad yoga was a great idea on a business laptop, too, so i can't point fingers at Nintendo )

But yeah the green light only stays on if the console is actually on (fan spinning, tv showing the ui/game), and the switches screen isn't on while docked, but flicks on a few seconds when you insert or remove from the dock.

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Joe-b

@NEStalgia Thank you so much. You are correct! I just turned it on and there you go...light stays on. What's up with that logic? Anyway, I bought it tonight, everything works fine. I am so glad I finally got one. I slapped on a screen protector, a 128gb sd card, and downloaded a couple of games. I think this is a really cool system....thanks again for all your help. I was worried I had a defective unit...now I can go to bed...! I was looking online to no avail, so I'm glad you responded.

Joe-b

NEStalgia

@Joe-b haha, glad to be of help! Welcome to the club (sleep? You have more self restraint than most of us )

NEStalgia

Eel

Oooh someone gave my mom a bag of chimangos, basically one of the few foods specific to my state.

It's basically like a triangular or rhomboid donut, not super sweet, without toppings or fillings, but still really good.

I'm not sure if they're completely original to my state (most likely not!), but it's basically the only place where I've seen them. So it's nice to think about them as a regional recipe (we don't have many!).

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

Eel

What's a chimanga

Are you sure you're not missing a few more letters?

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

NintendoByNature

Don't know about letters and all. But I did have chimichangas the other day. Missing letters or not it was delicious

NintendoByNature

Eel

If I remember correctly, that's the fried burrito, right?

I haven't really tried one.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

Eel

Oh and we are just starting. Have you ever had a torta de tamal? It’s a big old sandwich with a tamal inside.

Bloop.

My dead channel.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic