Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 31,821 to 31,840 of 96,547

bimmy-lee

@BougieBeetle - Not a bad plan. Makes you a cheap date that way, especially if you’re hitting power sauce like whiskey. I had to give whiskey up too. Turns me into a maniac. I love a good scotch on the rocks though.

@ThanosReXXX - I’m your go to connoisseur for all things degenerate. Took me a long time to earn that title.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Well, you're the beer bear after all...

And enjoying the finer and better tasting things in life, is anything BUT degenerate. If we only ever did and consumed everything that's 100% healthy for us, we might have a longer life, but far as I'm concerned, a considerably more boring one as well...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

bimmy-lee

And my wife just walked in with a variety pack called cervezas de Mexico. Larga vida Morpheel! They’re all lagers, but that’ll do for a warm weekend.

@ThanosREXXX - Absolutely! It’s all about finding your own balance between quality and quantity. I don’t want to get too old anyway. Doesn’t appear to be much fun. Beer Bear will NEVER get old with me. I’m going to try and get my wife and friends to start calling me that.

limby-bee was a jerk.

bimmy-lee

It’s Bohemia, Carta Blanca, Tecate (light, bleh) and Dos Equis. I believe the first three are brewed in Mexico, not sure about XX though.

limby-bee was a jerk.

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Glad you like your new moniker. You actually gave me the idea with the bear and fermented honey story, so you're at least half-responsible...

I was always quite busy and inventive with giving people nicknames, and after having been in sales & marketing for so long, that skill has only improved. I used to give one to each and every one of my colleagues, and I made sure they were used by most of us, so that even if I forgot their actual names, people would still know who I was talking about:
"What's up with suspenders? Isn't he supposed to be working today?"

Good luck with trying to make other people call you that, though: nicknames are usually given to a person, not given by the person himself. However, it IS exactly how I will greet you, whenever you decide to set foot on these shores, so it'll be the first thing you'll hear out of my mouth.

As for Mexican beer: they can definitely be good. Personally, I like Corona, either with or without a lemon wedge inside.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

bimmy-lee

@Morpheel - Oh yeah, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a Mexican micro on the shelves. It’s always your macros. I had one on tap once in Southern California that I believe was a micro, but I can’t remember the name. It was a lager, but it was unique and soooo good on a hot day.

I somehow got myself invited to a quinceanero once, and I was drinking an unusual beer there that I think someone brought up from Texas. I never got the name of it, people were just handing me solo cups full of it. It was an honor to be there, and I wanted to be respectful and not ask too many questions, but I really didn’t know what was happening most of the time. I was hanging out with an old man wearing rattlesnake boots with the actual snake heads on the tips of the toes. It was really fun.

@ThanosReXXX - You’re right, I’ll save Beer Bear for you and you only. I already have established nicknames at this point anyway. My old friends call me Swamps or Swampy. Partly because the garbage pail kid card with my name is an alligator, and partly because Swamp combined with my last pretty much makes a vulgar phrase that’s well known here. I look forward to hearing you call out, “Beer Bear!”

I’ve given out a fair few nicknames in my time. It’s a fun activity. I can totally imagine you being the nickname giver, ha! “You shall be called Suspenders henceforth and forever more.” I’ve always viewed nicknames as a sign of affection, whether they’re good, bad, or inappropriate.

There’s something else cracking me up about Beer Bear. If I was attracted to members of the same sex, I would probably be labeled a Bear within that community. Stature wise, I’m probably more of a Black Bear than a grizzly bear, but I’d definitely be a bear.

limby-bee was a jerk.

Tyranexx

My brain is officially in Friday mode. It doesn't have the steam to read through all three pages of posts that I've missed in this thread. I'm doing the majority of my internet rounds this evening as most of my weekend is busy as heck.

@HobbitGamer Were you able to resolve your issue? I admittedly haven't done much with databases in Excel itself other than creating basic connections to MS Access in college. I still work with Excel somewhat in my job, but that's mostly with how things look when data is exported from the software I work on. I'm fairly certain it can be done, I'm just unsure of the most effective method.

Edit: Would this wikihow page work?

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

bimmy-lee

I’d love to go to another one, it was a really cool experience. It was one of the few times I’ve been a minority in a room full of people, most of whom didn’t speak my language or chose not to. Everyone was so nice. I conversed with the rattlesnake boot guy all night. I don’t think he knew what I was saying, and I definitely didn’t know what he was saying, but somehow we made it work and became friends. I think about him all the time.

limby-bee was a jerk.

Eel

Oh believe me, most of them could understand you.

It reminds me of that time two of my cousins from Arizona (two girls) were having a very raunchy conversation (in English) in the same room I was in.

They learned I could understand English that day.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee I don't think I'd be particularly interested in thinking about that specific community, but to each their own. I'm fine with platonic bromance, though.

@Tyranexx Well, you should read them, because we've been having some fun, over these last three pages, and because all of it was pretty light-hearted, you'll breeze right through it. And it's weekend, so why not?

Grab your poison of choice, settle down in a comfy chair, and enjoy the Chit-Chat community...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX Haha, maybe in a little while! This evening should be fairly relaxing, barring some stuff that I need to get done.

On the other hand, tomorrow will be a marathon. Sunday is starting to look about the same until the evening.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

BougieBeetle

@bimmy-lee Saving money is definitely a big perk of not drinking! Last time I drank big we were shooting spiced rum, a favorite from my college days. And a friend brought over some boozy carbonated water which was actually pretty good.

One Stage at a Time, a podcast examining classic games level by level | https://soundcloud.com/onestageatatime

rjejr

@NEStalgia All my grocery stores advertise half cakes and pies now in semi-circle containers. What's up w/ that? If I wanted half a cake I'd buy a whole cake then eat one half, save the other half for when I wanted half a cake.

I can't complain about the chemical taste though, I'm all about artificial everything. Though I whipped some cream for pudding in a cloud the other day and it was rather good. And instant pudding, it's too hot to boil milk.

Edited on by rjejr

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

bimmy-lee

@Morpheel - Ha, classic. They probably immediately started questioning every conversation they ever had in your presence. Since we’re on a somewhat cultural topic, I’ve wondered if you have/had any interest in Lucha? I have a dream of seeing a show some day in Mexico City.

@ThanosReXXX - I get it, I won’t bring that up again. I have a simple lens. Jerk or not a jerk. I dislike jerks, and love not jerks. To piggyback on what you wrote to @Tyranexx , I think the chit chat thread is the best place on the internet. I wish I would have found it before I took my NL sabbatical. I laugh here every day, and appreciate everyone who posts.

@BougieBeetle - Oof, I had a long run with spiced rum in college as well. I can’t drink it anymore, but I had fun with it. My wife brought home a case of White Claw hard seltzer tonight to accompany a variety pack of Mexican beer. I’ve been wanting to try it, and it’s delicious. It’s kind of weak, but it’s great over ice with a shot of vodka. I’ve had friends who’ve taken a year or more off from alcohol, and they’ve all remarked about how much money they saved.

limby-bee was a jerk.

NEStalgia

@rjejr they keep finding "creative" ways to sell less and less for more money to the point it's absurd. What i don't get off why people actually still buy any of it?

Plus it's horrid tasting. Nothing like a real bakery.... But most people seem to think there's no difference. I just had a supermarket cupcake. It tastes like a mixture of a jolly rancher, benzine, and be rat poison. I've never eaten rat poison, but i imagine it tastes like that.

But... They were literally Mario & Luigi cupcakes... Even if they taste like DconOzine, I'm not passing that up

NEStalgia

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic