Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 31,761 to 31,780 of 96,542

Eel

Sigh, I had to go ahead and create a profile for my alternate Nintendo account on my switch. (it’s the one I use on the regular 2DS).

The gold coins were accumulating there from the random 3ds games I bought on sale over the last year, so I decided to use a few before it was too late.

It was more than enough to get a small game. So that’s cool. But I don’t like having to choose a profile every time I want to do anything on the switch.

On the bright side, I guess it gives me extra save slots for games that only allow one.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Matthew010

@Morpheel Once you've used the points, could you not unlink the Nintendo account and delete the user profile?

Matthew010

HobbitGamer

@Tyranexx (and anyone else with thoughts), I’m trying to add ODBC data connections in Microsoft Excel. I was able to find and access the target SQL server and the included tables. Was able to execute an SQL query in Microsoft Query when that popped up. But I don’t know how to make that query in a spreadsheet.
Goal is to bring certain pre-billing reports into one fold. Right now everything is run in SAP Crystal Reports, then exported into Excel or Acrobat.
Or am I just throwing a sponge in the ocean.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Eel

@HobbitGamer I use sqlectron to manage the database at work and that one has an option to export your query as a plain format .csv file. Not sure if that would help you.

Maybe ms query has that option somewhere?

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

HobbitGamer

@Morpheel Nah. Crystal lets me export to csv or even xcs-data only. I'm just trying to think of steps to cut out. But I somehow just locked myself out of the EMR 6 times in a row because I was bombarding the server with something wrong I guess, so I think I'll take a mental break from it...for now.

Back to revamping a field request form, now with conditional drop downs!

I just wanna play a game.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

TuVictus

I've had my Samsung 4k TV for a couple of months and it's already broken. No clue why. Suddenly it just started flashing every few seconds and then occasionally colored bars. Then the random lines of color showed up on the side. Unfortunately out of Best Buy warranty because silly old me assumed I wouldn't need their extra warranty, so I have to deal with Samsung directly, which is muuuuuuch more of a headache, though they at least understand it's straight up defective and aren't trying to fight us on it.

After this one and my last Samsung TV crapping out, I think I can safely advise people to stay the hell away from anything Samsung that's not a phone. And even then it's iffy (Note explosions). Thank goodness I have a mounted LG from before I moved out. So thankfully there's still a way for me to watch TV and play games. I got that one on Black Friday years ago and it's still going strong. Definitely sticking to LG from now on

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

HobbitGamer

@PikPi Hate it for ya. I've been fortunate enough to always find great deals on LG brands over the years; 3 of my 4 flatscreens are LG. The big feller in the living room is a Hisense, but it's pretty great quality.

#MudStrongs

bimmy-lee

@HobbitGamer - You need to connect the TPS reports to the PC load letter.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

HobbitGamer

DON’T TOUCH MY STAPLER!

#MudStrongs

bimmy-lee

Guys, don’t jump to conclusions.

limby-bee was a jerk.

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia "The Mini is full of suck though"

Did you just pull an Anti there?

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

NintendoByNature

Hey Peter! Turn on channel 9!

I'll just leave it at that lol

NintendoByNature

HobbitGamer

Carefree Peter is my spirit animal most days after 11am

#MudStrongs

bimmy-lee

Haha, Lawrence is my favorite character in the movie. Hard to believe it’s already 20 years old. Sheesh.

limby-bee was a jerk.

Anti-Matter

Aaagh....
I got sore throat since afternoon.
I felt pain on my throat (right side) when i swallowed something.

Anti-Matter

ThanosReXXX

@RedderRugfish Well, I guess I'm one of the few people who also know that specific game, then.
I never had a PlayStation, obviously, but a lot of my friends did, so I played quite a few of its games, and the best and most entertaining ones are now stored away on the hard drive of my modded Wii, on which they look far better than on the original hardware. And that list definitely includes Speed Punks/Speed Freaks...

I guess I don't have to add anything about the Dreamcast, since we're already in full agreement about the greatness of that particular console. People that love arcade games and never had the pleasure of owning a Dreamcast have definitely missed out on an entire world of arcadey goodness.

@PikPi Ah, that sucks. Could have told you that before you bought it, had I known. In and of themselves, Samsung screens aren't notoriously bad, but they're never quite up there with the best of them either.

I think it's safe to say that you already had one of the best brands in your possession, because in general, the top 3 usually consists of LG, Panasonic and Sony. I always favor Panasonic over anything else. Got a Panasonic Viera plasma screen. Beautiful colors and the deepest, true blacks you can get. No 4K, though.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic