Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 31,741 to 31,760 of 96,323

NEStalgia

Whoops, i forgot i ordered two copies of fe when Amazon was dropping discounts. Then i bought it with vouchers.

Aaaand my physical copies just shipped. Well, F....

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Oh no, now this thread is all about minis, too!

NEStalgia

Anti-Matter

@Morpheel
For me, PS2 Slim is more valuable than PS1 Mini since PS2 Slim can play both PS2 & PS1 games despite still region locked. Also, i can choose what games i want to play by purchase the specific disc rather than given by pre-installed games i will never want to play at all. PS2 Slim can play DVD / CD movies and music too as well. And i love the mini size of PS2 Slim. 😘

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@NEStalgia
As long we don't talk about Dwarf or Micro machines... 🀣

Oh, wait....
Speaking about Dwarf...
The Seven Dwarves of consoles :
1. Dwarf Wii
2. Dwarf PS2
3. Dwarf PS1
4. Dwarf PS3
5. Dwarf Xbox 360
6. Dwarf Switch
7. Dwarf Gamecube

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Heavyarms55

@Anti-Matter Of all the various "smaller" consoles we've had over the years, the PS2 slim was probably one of the best. First time I saw that I thought "where is the console, that's only the disk drive!" lol

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

ThanosReXXX

NintendoByNature wrote:

@ThanosReXXX just read that conversation. Wow.....that was wierd

I know, right? Something just doesn't add up there. Almost seemed like a two-way sarcasm battle to me.

@bimmy-lee No, I'm not really grumpy, it's just that things like these trolls/posers/fakers annoy me more nowadays than they would have a decade ago. Heck, I probably would have joined in the nonsense of it all and added my own two cents, so that's actually more what I was getting at. Getting older changes your perspective/view on things, much like you mentioned with your carnival metaphor.

I've heard about that story about the bear and fermented honey, so I can well imagine that having some truth to it. If you want to see something similar and funny, look up "squirrel eating fermented crab apple" on YouTube. That's not the exact title, but it will probably give you the right result anyway. I have actually posted that very video here some months ago, so maybe you've seen it already.

@Morpheel I don't double post that much, and if I do, it's often because I don't want to add yet another paragraph to my already massive text wall, or if I happened to forget something in the text wall, so I usually just add a separate P.S., also because by the time I've typed and posted all that, the person addressed will probably miss any edit I make to my text wall, so then I have to add yet another comment to make them aware that I made an edit to the previous comment.

So, in all honesty, it's a crappy and senseless system. I get that it can be annoying if you see people posting 4 or 5 short comments in succession, but that's something that most of us have never done.

In short, I'm in full agreement with @NEStalgia's and @Tyranexx's opinions.

@rjejr Both the PS1 and N64 have aged horribly, and save for the 2D games on both systems, the 3D looks very crude, but still the N64 had far more actual classics from in-house development, so even without Rare, you would still be able to produce a mini with plenty of good games. And obviously, crude as it was, the 3D imaging on the N64 was FAR superior to that of the PS1.

I've always enjoyed the system, and still do, playing the games in 480p on my modded Wii...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX ps1 was in a weird spot, technically an snes competitor... So it made snes look old before n64 came along. I never had one, not i still think it was sonys coolest system, relative to it's time.

the mini is full of suck though.

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Heavyarms55

PS1 was actually my first console. I put the emphasis on the my because it wasn't the first console in the house, my father has an NES. But my parents bought me the Playstation. I think my dad picked it because he was a fan of Sony TVs. My mother ultimately bought him an N64 because he had the NES but he never got into playing games with a joystick and that ended up being de facto mine and I liked it way more than the PS1. N64 has Mario 64, Mario Kart, Pokemon, Star Wars Shadows of the Empire, Rogue Squadron and many other games I really liked. On PS1 I had Test Drive 5, a demo disc and Frogger. I played some Final Fantasy 8 with my friends, and Tekken, but I never got into PS1 like I did N64 and Game Boy/Color.

Heavyarms55

@RedderRugfish Crash was one of the games on the demo disk I had, I remember playing that demo a lot. That and Metal Gear Solid. Never own either game though.

Eel

I didn't have one myself, but I have good memories of playing Spyro 1 and Pacman World with my cousins in Arizona, and staying up late with my brother watching other cousin play Resident Evil and Silent Hill on his.

We even ended up getting RE2 on the 64 because of that.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Eel

I didn't have a single collectathon on the 64

I think the first one I owned might be Mario Sunshine.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

NEStalgia

@RedderRugfish so you don't think 7 is amazing, you think 8 is terrible, and you don't really think much of 9.... I mean ... Do you even FF, bro? Don't tell me 13 is your favorite

NEStalgia

bimmy-lee

Never had a PS1, but I played it quite a bit. I got sucked in to Tenchu and Crash. I bought a PS2 and a library of games in a private sale. Had fun with both consoles, but they lacked the charm that I had been raised to appreciate playing Nintendo and Sega consoles/games.

The N64 is unassailable in my book. To me, it’s easily the best console and controller Nintendo has ever produced. Big, plastic, and oh so gamey. I tore down and converted my game room a year ago, and in the process, packed up all my old consoles and TVs. EXcept my 64. It stays hooked up right to the 27” Trinitron (ha!) and probably always will.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Heavyarms55

I liked PS2 much more than one. I think largely because it had several decent Gundam games on it that I liked, and as you might have noticed, I rather like Gundam.

Also PS2 had the DVD player, which was a real big deal at the time, played PS1 games and had a lot of other games I liked a lot. I got the Gamecube first and love it, but I also loved the PS2, where I would be likely to say I loved the N64 much more than PS1, I would be more inclined to say I loved both the PS2 and Gamecube. I got an Xbox much later, pretty much just for Halo and Star Wars KOTOR.

Anti-Matter

@RedderRugfish
I bought PS2 and PS1 games for DDR by mostly.
Add with Metal Dance pad, i can turn home console DDR games into Arcade style DDR. 😘
Add more with other Konami rhythm games, K-1 & Street Fighter Alpha / 3rd Strike + their arcade style controller = Arcade games at Home. 😍

Anti-Matter

HobbitGamer

Did someone say Dreamcast?!
Star Lancerrrr! Pew pew pew.
It’s way past my weeknight bedtime, I’ll talk about my n64 tomorrow πŸ˜›

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Heavyarms55

Dreamcast is a system I wish I had owned when it was new. I only knew one person with it at the time and never really had a chance to play it, but it was cutting edge at the time. Still blows my mind to think of a console that old that had online functionality.

Heavyarms55

@Anti-Matter I had a friend who had all those special controllers and DDR mats for his PS2. I remember they burned through at least 2-3 PS2 DDR mats. He also had like 2 or 3 Guitar Hero controllers and he bought it all again later on the 360. Then had a closet full of the stuff for years afterword. I should ask what he did with all of that.

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic