Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 31,721 to 31,740 of 96,484

Late

Bought a birthday gift for my niece who'll turn 4 next month. She's already into video games because of how much my family plays games and she wants to play on my 3DS every time I see her. I've let her choose her game and at first she was mainly playing Pokémon games (Shuffle, Rumble, etc.) but then she discovered Animal Crossing last year and that's all she wants to play now. It's fun to watch her play the game. I've let her discover things on her own and it's always fun when she finds something new to do. I was wondering what I could get her for her birthday and then I thought of Animal Crossing. I thought I'd buy a jigsaw puzzle at first but unfortunately the ones I found had over 500 pieces. But then I came across something else. A sticker book, with over 800 stickers. It seems to include pretty much everything you can imagine. Villagers, insects, fishes, furniture... I think she'll like it. I'm also really excited for New Horizons since it has local multiplayer. I haven't played any multiplayer games with my niece yet.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Tyranexx

I can't speak about the one user since I haven't been following that particular thread, but I've also begun harboring my own suspicions on the account that may or may not be a young girl. It seemed perfectly legit at first - and maybe I'm off base, and the user is genuine - but the NES thread that I briefly looked into also set off my "Something's up" meter.

Troll or no, if someone genuinely needs help, I'm not against helping them. As long as they aren't doing anything freaky or illegal. Though now I sorta regret proofreading that explanation of SD cards as much as I did.

@ThanosReXXX I've intended to set up a PayPal account for "just in case" measures, and this may, depending on the route I decide on, push me to do so. I know a lot of people use the service, but I've just never bothered. My reasoning used to be because I had enough accounts to manage already, but more and more retail sites require accounts now. What's one more account out there? XD

@HobbitGamer If the dialogue is the awesomely nonsensical blabbering found in games like Okami, I'm in!

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

HobbitGamer

More liek nikbantoon amirite?

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature I made a mistake: it actually wasn't the 3DS thread. It was another forum topic from somebody else, in which "she" joined the conversation.

And if you look at the discussions and posts in the attached profile, you can see plenty of odd comments.

@Morpheel Now THAT would be the ultimate form of cosmic justice, now wouldn't it? Child predators unknowingly hooking up with their own kind. I would LOVE to see their faces, if they end up making an appointment at some meeting point somewhere, and find out they're not gonna get what they were looking for...

@bimmy-lee Well, to be honest, I didn't want to talk about mini-consoles in the first place, but that specidic user caught my eye, because initially, he was making similar looking forum posts left and right, they're all horribly written, and they're all delusional. One mentioned an N64 Mini with all of Rare's games on it, which is more than likely never going to happen, even though Nintendo and Microsoft have been relatively friendly to each other of late. And in another mini console post, he mentioned a GameCube mini, in which he said that it should have a list of 30 games, and of course, again, that's never gonna happen.

I like dreaming and fantasizing as much as the next guy, but this all seems so pointless and clueless. If I would even want to join in such a discussion, then I would at least want to see people adding games that would actually have a reasonable chance of appearing on such a system, and also an amount of games that would seem feasible or likely.

Heck, I would also like to see an N64 Mini released with the entire catalog on it, but both you and me know that this is never going to happen, so personally, I see no use in discussing that. But maybe that's just the angry old man inside of me, turning more and more into a Dutch-Californian version of @rjejr...

And you, a black heart? Nah, you're too much of a big, cuddly wrestling bear...
(with a preference for quite a few kinds of beers and good food prepared on a grill/BBQ)

@Tyranexx I use PayPal for pretty much any overseas transaction, and I've also tied my Nintendo account to it, for all those easy as pie in-game transactions and digital purchases.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

NEStalgia

Know what would be great? A VirtualBoy Mini, a WonderSwan Mini, a 32X Mini, a CDi mini. A Mini mini, a VHS Mini a Betamax Mini a Mini Me.

NEStalgia

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX That actually might be the approach I take as well when I Switch over. I solely use prepaid eShop cards for all transactions as I don't want any card or account info tied to my Nintendo account.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - Aw, thanks friend. You don’t seem grumpy to me. I think it just takes many years for us to fully understand we’re just marks at a carnival. Once you learn the truth, it’s hard to find your youth again. It makes the carnival less fun. Funny you put bear and beer in the same sentence as there’s an ancient legend about how humans came to understand alcohol fermentation by watching bears drink from puddles under bee hives which had fermented due to the honey dripping into the water and combining with wild yeast.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Eel

On an unrelated subject, I got an iOS gamepad!

I had it on my wishlist for a long time since apparently it being marginally related to Apple means it must be expensive. However last week I it went down considerably for a few hours, so even though it feels dumb to buy a gaming controller for an ipad, I went for it.

I'm really liking it so far, it feels very well made, and many of my games support it. Just wish it was a bit more... Travel friendly... It's basically the same size as an xbox one controller.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

bimmy-lee

Gonna go ahead a pull mini thread maneuver here and double post. A friend recently showed me an app called seek, which can identify all manner of flora and fauna using the camera on your phone. I’ve been messing around with it, and it’s actually a lot of fun if you’re into that sort of thing. It works best with location services on, and you have to give it access to your camera, but if you can cope with that, it’s really cool.

Edit - Thanks Morpheel! You saved me from a ban!

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

Eel

Oh well if we banned everyone who double-posted every now and then, Thanos would not be here!

It's only a problem when it becomes a problem

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

NEStalgia

@Morpheel Forums that are strict about that drive me crazy. You end up sitting on a post waiting to post it for hours until someone posts just to get past the technicality. Or queuing up huge reply walls to 10 people so it it takes an entire page. It's one of those things the intent of the rule doesn't always apply, and the result is making weirder situations than the one it was meant to resolve

NEStalgia

Tyranexx

Not double-posting made sense in the context of my forum RP days (most of high school) since you had to wait on another character to do something or a story mod/admin to post a plot continuation before your character would do something again.

I don't think there's anything wrong with it in some cases though. Wanting to break up long reply-fests or double-posting in a topic that's been dead for a couple of months when you have new info (I did do this recently) are some scenarios that come to mind.

Edited on by Tyranexx

SheldonRandoms

If I were to ever double post, let's just say, another version of myself is breaking into this dimension, what they would do.....uh, let's not discuss this, no reason to even, haha, lol, look over there!

@bimmy-lee It was someone in my family who bought a boat which only had enough room for about four people. They wanted to catch a sea robin to eat since before they kept tossing them back in the water for being labeled as a "garbage fish", however, when they were looking at fishing videos, apparently you can eat sea robins, so that was the fish they were aiming for. After spending all day at sea, the only catch was a sea robin, so the mission was accomplished at least.

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

SheldonRandoms

HOLD IT! Don't listen to a single word of text that fake @SheldonRandoms has to say, I see the zipper on the back, he's really a phony baloney!

Untitled

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

NintendoByNature

Well.. i caved in and bought wolfenstein Youngblood. Haven't played a wolfenstein game ever but I've always loved the 1st person shooters so im sure ill like it. Guess I'll have a run in or two with some Nazis tomorrow night

NintendoByNature

bimmy-lee

@SheldonRandoms - Sounds fun. I had to google sea robin, but I recognized it when I saw it. It doesn’t look particularly delicious, but most things from the ocean don’t look delicious, yet most of them are. The bravest person in history is the first person to eat a crab or lobster. Why would that person ever look at one of them and think they would want to eat it?

I know how we can deduce which one of you is from the upside down. We need to get both of you together in the same room. Assuming reality doesn’t collapse into a black hole, one of you holds Patrick by the arms, the other holds him by the legs. Then you both pull. The imposter will be made clear.

limby-bee was a jerk.

rjejr

@ThanosReXXX An N64 Mini should sell, but a PS1 Classic should have sold as well, and Sony can't sell that $99 device even at $20. Personally I'm not a fan of the N64 and while it may have had a slew of good games I'm not sure there are enough of them that Nintneod could get the rights to. And if they could get the rights, they'd probably just remaster them for $60 each. Switch and Switch Lite will be enough for this holiday anyway.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

Heavyarms55

Speaking of that, did anyone see MetalJesusRocks' video about how he finally bought a PS1 classic for all of 20 dollars? I just thought that was hilarious. NES classic was scalped to high hell for like 300+ dollars at one point and Sony was forced to basically give away their shoddy PS1 cash grab. lol Really the PS1 classic should have been an easy deal for Sony, they just had to do a little more than phone it in.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic