Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 31,701 to 31,720 of 96,318

HobbitGamer

That was a fantastic episode. Did not see it coming.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Eel

I only do that when I want to get rid of the child in question.

This one is still not at that level. Yet.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

bimmy-lee

Either way, it’s a great lesson for any NL parent paying attention. Keep your kids off the Internet, and know there are people in this world creepier than your wildest dreams.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

SheldonRandoms

I just got back from an unexpected fishing trip. Someone backed out at the last moment, so I took their spot and was on a boat for over 8 hours.

Also, sadly I couldn't catch a fish wearing pants or had a broken leg (since he's already on my wall).

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

NintendoByNature

Yea for sure @bimmy-lee

@Heavyarms55 that's some great luck then lol. But oh well. I'm spent for the night. Too much speculation has these eyes tired. Everyone have a good night, I'll catch up with y'all tomorrow

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

HobbitGamer wrote:

Meh, whatever floats a boat. You could all be constructs in my mind for all I really know.

New Zelda spin-off: Hobbit's Awakening.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Heavyarms55

I love reading. I've pretty much always got some novel ongoing and when I don't I'm clamoring for something. I've been re-reading The Expanse novels by James Corey out of impatience for the final book to release next year. I have to say re-reading a book is always a very different and interesting experience than reading it the first time. You can pick up on things you missed or brushed over the first time and character interactions and small details often have very different meanings on second or third readings. The Expanse is set to be 9 books long (8 of which are out and there is a lingering possibility of 9 not being the final book) but there were small comments and off hand remarks in the first book, foreshadowing things that happened in the 4th, 5th and 6th books. It's really cool.

If you've seen the TV show but not read the books, trust me, the TV show doesn't come close. The books are amazing. The TV show is so-so to maybe kinda cool.

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee So, heavy use is wearing them for 1,5 - 2 years. Hm...
I think I get it, but I'm not sure. Either way, I only have three pairs of shoes, of which one pair of fancy shoes for official occasions and such, and then I've got a pair of Nike slippers, for indoors. That's about it.
When I was young, I used to have dozens of shoes. All Stars in all sizes and shapes, Nike Airs, boots, and what not, but nowadays, I mostly just wear one pair of shoes till they're done. Currently, that's a pair of black Nike MD Runner shoes:
Untitled
@Tyranexx You're welcome. And one other thing I forgot to mention: to forego credit card issues, I simply always use PayPal for international transactions. Never had an issue with that either, and through PayPal you'll always have an extra "get your money back guarantee" measure in place.

@NintendoByNature That would be the user posing as a little girl, right? Yeah, I noticed that too. Posts seem semi-constructed to look like a kids, and like you also mentioned, often ending in "and I am ten" or something similar, yet seems to know things that no kid in their right mind should be able to know.

I think that it wouldn't be a really bad idea if maybe @Morpheel or any of the other mods should take a closer look at it. I would think that, even without breaking the forum rules, someone posing as someone or something else would already be more than enough to warrant at the very least a first notice of a warning.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

HobbitGamer

@Tyranexx All the dialogue would be completely nonsensical. I would love it. Though I’m sure the final boss would be a program manager at work that is clearly the Riddler to my Batman 😭

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

bimmy-lee

@Heavyarms55 - You’re exactly right, books (probably all media) can have entirely new meanings at different times in your life. I have a number of them I try to read every year or two as they always seem to teach me something different every time I read them, or I just enjoy them in a different way. I’m on my yearly reading of Book of the Five Rings right now.

@ThanosReXXX - Those are sharp runners. I’d buy a pair. Heavy use refers to the type of activities I undertake while wearing shoes. I wear them out much faster in summer because I’m stomping around everywhere in them, and doing things that put them to the test. Sneakers break down faster than they really should at their price because they’re made for performance and comfort.

@SheldonRandoms - Were you on a charter boat with a group of people, and were you trying to catch a particular fish (other than one with a broken leg)?

limby-bee was a jerk.

NintendoByNature

@ThanosReXXX Im with you on that, maybe they're not breaking any rules, but something seems off. Knowledge of an (imo obscure) nes game was the moment I said to myself, ok.....something doesnt add up. But, we could both be wrong and it's legit.

On side note, i try to keep my shoes in great condition and usually i can get 2 or 3 years out of them before you know they're older. I have a nice pair of Jordan's I got on sale 1.5 years ago. To this day they can still pass as a few months old if that. The more i spend on a shoe, the more likely i am to take extra special care

NintendoByNature

Anti-Matter

At this rate, what should we do with NikBoToon, moderator ?

Anti-Matter

bimmy-lee

@Anti-Matter - What’s bothering you about it Anti? It’s not like they’re really doing anything inappropriate other than maybe not following proper forum etiquette, which isn’t actually that real of a thing anyway. Just ignore it, or have a laugh like everyone else and move along. Stop posting in that forum if it bothers you.

limby-bee was a jerk.

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee I do seem to have made a mistake when converting that picture, because it was supposed to have a transparent background. Black on black usually doesn't work that well...

But I guess it was adequate enough for you to see, regardless of that. And agreed on the price/breakdown ratio. You'd imagine they'd last for years on end, but much like basically pretty much any other consumer product nowadays, almost nothing is built to last anymore.

On a side-note: I definitely do agree with Anti. That guy is annoying as f***, so I don't think it's funny, nor do I have any inclination to troll that specific thread. Every time someone tells him off, he just slightly changes the narrative, and rambles on. It makes no sense whatsoever, and I don't see the point of it.

Right now, he's talking about a one-box-plays-all system, which has NOTHING whatsoever to do with mini consoles, so even he as the OP, isn't even on topic anymore.

@NintendoByNature No, we're not wrong. It's absolutely, one-hundred percent a fake poser. I've been keeping tabs on it, and it wasn't just the obscure NES game, it was also a post about repairing a dead/broken 3DS, in which "she" mentioned all kinds of things that she tried. Much like the obscure NES game, it mentioned stuff that no real kid of that age would be able to know, much less do. (edit: unless they're a child prodigy)

There was also a far too snappy reply to one comment somebody made, which was completely out of character, so my money is definitely on fake poser, not an innocent little girl asking weird, out of character questions and being far too adult for her age...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

NintendoByNature

@ThanosReXXX nice catch I didn't see the other post. I guess....why would someone WANT to pose as another person. Like what's the point or gain in the matter? I get that this is the internet and people do odd things, But, of all the things to Do, I don't get the point of coming to NL doing that and just spamming new thread after new thread asking the same types of questions.

NintendoByNature

Eel

I mean, if they want to be sad human beings, I have no rush to ban them for that.

As long as they’re not doing shady stuff, or pretending to be someone else in particular with ill intentions.

But in this case, even if it’s a 40 year old dude in a basement, they’re not really doing anything that gives me “ban them immediately” vibes... Let’s just keep an eye on them just in case.

Bloop.

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature Some people are weird, and just like to do stuff like that for "fun", to troll people, mainly because they can do it in the safe environment of online anonymity. Or, as sometimes unfortunately happens on other kinds of sites, to lure (young) people, so it could even have been a far creepier person with even more despicable motives.

I don't really think that's the case here, but it could easily be a troll. If you look at that 3DS thread, and the recently created Fortnite thread, the way that comments are written, also seems to vary, so staying in character does seem to be a problem for this person, which is actually why I noticed in the first place.

NintendoByNature

@ThanosReXXX I wouldn't put it past people to have sinister motives like you said. I'll check it out the 3ds thread and see what you're referring to.

NintendoByNature

Eel

Well then nobody tell them this site is actually not frequented by children. And that the people likely to add her back would probably be the like her.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - I see, and I understand how that could be annoying to folks who want to talk about the topic at hand. I guess I cut more slack when it seems like innocent rambling as I’m always a distracting remark away from veering way off topic myself. I get more annoyed by the Cobalt types who use tactics like plausible deniability and “innocent” questions in an attempt to derail a conversation into some kind of dramatic, very loosely related debate because they’re bored and lack real lives.

I liked the black on black in your picture, but maybe it’s because it reminded me of my black heart.

limby-bee was a jerk.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic