Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 31,681 to 31,700 of 32,799

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Yup, indeed. Kids and their natural ability to not care, feel invincible, and never think of the consequences. Things that we as adults can only get back, once we're already drunk and/or high, which kind of completes the circle of idiocy...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX LOL. Strangely, I was never one of those kids. I thought they were all idiots when I was the same age, as well.... I never went through the "invincible" phase. I always assumed anything with any risk would get me maimed or killed.

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Not saying that you should have had all three "qualities", but most kids display at least two out of those three.

So, nerd for life, huh?
Did you have ANY friends in school, or was the whole hermit thing already in play, even back then?

Normally, kids challenge each other, taunting, or bullying, if one or two fall outside of the generic group.
Either way, it's natural behavior. A lot of adults only see it as stupid, but forget that there's actually a scientific reason for it (hormonal phase, brains not being entirely developed yet), that makes kids behave that way. And besides that, sometimes most adults seem to forget that they too were once kids, and did all kinds of stupid stuff themselves...

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX Natural born cynic. I always have considered every consequence, assumed the most negative ones would apply to me.....not caring I suppose might have applied in some limited form I guess?

Well, I came from a strict family. You don't act out of line, you obey instructions, you don't behave in a way that is detrimental to others. Not ever. Period. And you expect the same from others. I played a Paragon run.

NEStalgia

Knuckles-Fajita

Turns out codeine doesn't help at all. This still hurts like hell.

Got yelled at for not doing enough work today, by other department management since no one from mine was in.

I just replied that they should try working after being flattened by Ed Sheeran's Ketchup.

NLI Discord:

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia And you're telling me that you NEVER, not ever during the ENTIRE duration of your childhood did something bad/mischievous or did something that your parents expressly forbid you to do? Not even when they weren't looking or weren't present, such as in school, or in summer camp? (to add to that: possibly goaded/cheered on by friends/classmates or whatever)

And no kid is a natural born cynic. There's actually no such thing. All kids are born innocent, contrary to a certain popular belief, and without fail, ALL kids are happy-go-lucky for at least the first couple of periods in their lives.

Oh, and my parents were strict as well, but they still allowed me to make mistakes, even though I did get grounded for some of them. But that too, is only part of natural kid behavior. Ask any parent: it all starts when kids go through that particular "testing out the parents" phase, as soon as they've discovered the magical word "no"...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX Oh certainly not never, there's no such thing as never, but nothing that anyone else would considering of any significance. For me, something entirely minor like jumping on a bed was like "OMG I'm a crime lord now, that's it I'm going to prison!"

Oh I was probably happy go lucky until 5 or so. Only cynicism since then, though I never really learned the "no" part as a kid. Nor would I really want to have, nor would I regret that now. Now of course for the rest of society it's more of a giant middle finger now than a "no" but that was then and this is now.

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia The "no" phase is usually around age two or three, so points for you, if you'd actually still be able to clearly remember your life back then. I certainly don't. Only quick flashes of fading memories...

But man, were you ever a goodie-two-shoes...
And here I thought I was a relatively good-behaved kid, especially compared to my friends and my cousin, that I used to hang out with and partake in all kinds of mischief with...

NintendoByNature

My son is 1.5 years old and his new thing is saying " Oh Yea!" To everything. If he wants a sucker, it's " Oh yea!" , if hes crying and he wants to take a nap, it's " Oh yea!" And pointing upstairs. Its really funny how 2 words indicate what he needs and what's even funnier, I know what he's saying haha. But on the mischievous front, he's bad! Like always getting into something bad 😂

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature Better enjoy it while you can, chapter two is all about the word "no"...

Funny thing: while reading your comment, and seeing you explain how all your son needed was these two words to basically form an entire range of emotions and meanings, the first thing that popped into my head was "I am Groot"...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

NintendoByNature

@ThanosReXXX haha I've been on the receiving end of the no phase with my daughter. And yea i never thought of it . My son IS GROOT

NintendoByNature

Morpheel

Sigh. I randomly decided I should probably download all my digital games to my 3DS, and I honestly underestimated just how many I had.

Funny part is most of them are mediocre games I got for free to review.

I may need to reorganize my folder system. And maybe even order them alphabetically or something.

Edited on by Morpheel

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - He could be Groot, you make a convincing case, but he could also be Randy Savage. Either way, he’s gonna be awesome.

bimmy-lee

My Nintendo: RedNestor

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee he's a little hard @$$ for his age so let's go with the maccccccho man Randy savage..i like that rather much. Fun fact: I went to the same high school as macho man

NintendoByNature

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - Wow, that’s really cool. Easily the best HS alumni I’ve heard. He was a great athlete. Played college baseball, and I think he got drafted because Randy Poffo baseball cards exist.

bimmy-lee

HobbitGamer

@NintendoByNature see what happens when you give him a slim Jim.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Anti-Matter

Macho man ??

Edited on by Anti-Matter

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

HobbitGamer

What did I just watch. Why do I subject myself to these things.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

bimmy-lee

I was just thinking it had been a while since I listened to Wookie Wookie, which is shockingly void of Chewbacca somehow. That’s easily my favorite song about macho men in the kitchen.

bimmy-lee

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic