Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 31,661 to 31,680 of 33,042

Tyranexx

@Morpheel

@ThanosReXXX Honestly, I think I would've preferred some of the broadcasting hours in parts of Europe (Other than the late ones you mentioned, though I would've skipped EA anyway). That way the events wouldn't have been interrupted by work. XD My schedule was quite interesting last week, but I managed to fit most of the presentations in that I wanted.

It's to the point where I'm now listening to/rewatching some of my favorite Treehouse segments at work. I'm almost dying for more Astral Chain and Luigi's Mansion footage now. XD

Video Corner: How SM3DW Actually Started (language)
Currently playing: Dragon Quest IV (DS), Yoshi's Island (SNES Classic)

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Morpheel

Much better

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx Well, in your case, I don't think watching live presentations at 2 or 3am would be very helpful, considering you'd probably have to do another 9 to 5 that same day...

I'd never watch them at work, though. Want to enjoy all of it in the comfort of my own home, so in that case,
I would just watch all of them later. Wouldn't want to be caught jumping up and cheering for some cool announcements, only to be laughed at by my co-workers...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

NEStalgia

@Morpheel It's parade-like. It's a festival. More importantly it has a balloon.

NEStalgia

Morpheel

OK we can have it as the starting point of the parade.

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

NEStalgia

@Tyranexx One can always count on family-friendly Disney to have entire sections tripping on acid.

OTOH this is precisely why the film remakes are a slap in the face to the classics.

NEStalgia

bimmy-lee

@NEStalgia - Can you imagine a live action Pinocchio? How could it not be a horror movie? Especially when a living puppet and a bunch of wayward youth slowly morph into donkeys as they drink and smoke on Pleasure Island. That sounds like a place Chucky would spend all his down time when not terrorizing Andy.

bimmy-lee

My Nintendo: RedNestor

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia "More importantly it has a balloon"

So do all these youths nowadays, who are addicted to nitrous oxide....

Although, come to think of it, that's exactly in line with Disney's acid-filled pink elephant trips, so who am I to judge?

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

NEStalgia

@bimmy-lee That sounds basically like a documentary of Woodstock.

@ThanosReXXX I thought the whole N2O abuse thing was so last decade? I always get squeamish I'm going to get raided someday as I actually do purchase N20 chargers for food use.... It probably looks suspicious but it's legitimately for creams, mouses, and geletainized dessert foams. Plus the things sound like ammo crates in shipping...

NEStalgia

HobbitGamer

@NEStalgia I’ve seen a few folks on Live Pd get busted with the small canisters of NO2.

Imagine a real life Fantasia. Pure nightmare fuel.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NEStalgia

@HobbitGamer I think CANISTERS are regulated. The food ones are the little capsule sized thingies. Anything larger is medical use only. The food ones are certainly not illegal, you just feel like you're going to get picked up as a criminal when buying them in quantity (it's way cheaper to buy by commercial packs.) Of course any kids spending the food-charger prices on their nitrous highs would probably be better of buying LSD....it's got to be cheaper. The markup on those things is outrageous.

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Well, I don't know about the actual situation in the States, but over here, it's now been promoted to party drug #1. In some public areas, such as city squares and parks, you can often find an empty capsule or two lying around.

I think the popularity has risen over here, due to all those funny home videos featuring American kids coming back from their visit to the dentist, saying and doing all kinds of weird stuff, and of course, that looks like "a lot of fun", so Dutch kids have to try it as well...

Over here, most dentist don't use gas for patients: they just stick a needle in your gums, to paralyze you locally...

HobbitGamer

@NEStalgia Yeah, i meant the little cylinders. Whippits is what it's called I think.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX I typically work 8-5, though I get an hour lunch and can move some of that time around. As long as I'm getting in at least 40 hours, my new job is pretty flexible. For example, I could take a half hour lunch and get off at 4:30 if I wanted, or work extra one day and leave a bit early on Fridays (which I typically do).

My coworkers to my knowledge are okay with it. A lot of us normally headphone up during the day, and I was pretty open about why I was taking an early lunch a week ago. I even put up a sticky note asking not to be disturbed during my lunch hour unless there was a huge software emergency or the building was burning down or something. XD

It also helps that my manager is into gaming as well. As long as we get our work done, nobody minds if we're listening to and/or watching music or video footage online so long as it's not anything illegal.

@NEStalgia Trippy as they are, I find segments like that pretty awesome from an animation perspective. I never really understood the implications of what led to that scene as a kid; I didn't realize Dumbo and Timothy were drunk, I just thought they were tired and acting goofy or something. I had a pretty innocent mind as a kid.... You could say I was a bit sheltered until my teenage years. Heck, I'm still learning new stuff on occasion.

Video Corner: How SM3DW Actually Started (language)
Currently playing: Dragon Quest IV (DS), Yoshi's Island (SNES Classic)

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx Well, sounds to me like you have a pretty mellow work place. Back when I was still working for someone else, most of the internet was pretty restricted, so no weird stuff, obviously, but also no games, music videos or anything like that. I could only access the odd IT-hobby and news sites.

This wasn't the case at all the various jobs I've done in the past, but purely looking at the numbers, it was how it worked in most of these places. Of course, once the smart phone era came, there wasn't really any need anymore for me to use company internet...

HobbitGamer

My office is quite like that, too. Of course it’s just my 3 person department sharing the building with the 3 person IT department (that are often working remotely or at another county site). So rage shouting is pretty common place. I have my movies, the others have their music

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

NEStalgia

@HobbitGamer There must have been something else going on to that police show. Those are normal items sold in any gourmet cookware store and restaurant supply house. Even Amazon sells them (overpriced, but they do...) AFAIK the (incompetent) Food Network celebrity chefs plug them (paid product placement, of course) as well. Unless some crazy state outlawed them (I'm thinking of a state that starts with a C, ends with an A, and includes "forni". Where anything crazy happens that isn't NY or FL.) Could be an odd state thing.

@Tyranexx Yeah, as a kid you don't get the drunkennes thing...then again, even complete drunkenness to the point of poisoning shouldn't make anyone trip THAT hard....that's certainly dust territory depicted there. And of course any Disney movie is it's own lesson in Rule 34.....

NEStalgia

HobbitGamer

@NEStalgia Well, the person was driving, had a child in a car seat, and admitted to huffing these
Untitled

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX Huh, that fad here was back in the 90s. You still heard about it in the '00s, but the big hoopla was probably '95-2005 or so, along with aerosols, spray paint, Lysol, etc. (I don't care how strung up you are, how is inhaling Lysol even appealing at any level?!) It's still a thing, of course, but I haven't heard fuss about it other than the completely generic warnings about being over 18, blah blah blah, when ordering any, and culinary stores keeping them behind the counter still, which they didn't before 2000 or so.

It's honestly not used by dentists here much anymore either, only for pretty extreme cases of massive dental surgery, but similarly, they just locally anesthetize the gums even for root canals and extractions, which works great. The gas is now only for really problem patients that are pretty much unable to stop freaking out during a procedure, so it mellows them out so it can get done. But the problem is a lot of people have bad side effects/allergic reactions to the large knock-out doses of N2O, so it's not actually deal even for medical use. Obviously for use as a suspension/emulsifier for foods, you're not consuming much of the gas, it's just suspended in the contained fats.

Edit: By bad effects I mean having to have dental patients carted to an ER by ambulance/cardiac arrest, etc, etc. If it goes bad, it goes very bad, so it's a last resort. So naturally, kids do it for fun.

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic