Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 31,621 to 31,640 of 96,503

Ralizah

@bimmy-lee Unironically? Gotta disagree there. It is very difficult to hate the movie, though.

I love Stallone's line delivery in this scene. Hahahahaha.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

bimmy-lee

@Ralizah - “You wanna be afraid of somebody, be afraid of maaaeeeee”, is even funnier. We agree on the ironic part, disagree on the unironic part. Time and place I guess. It was just a Stallone action movie when it premiered. We knew what we were in for. People liked it. I agree that it’s funny by our standards now, but it wasn’t then. If you have both experiences, it can be either one. Big, dumb action movie, or ironic old action movie.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Tyranexx

RiW2 wasn't bad at all. I liked a lot of the internet jokes, but I did enjoy the first movie more.

I've never seen The Emoji Movie and don't plan to.

Morpheel wrote:

I ordered the silmarillion as a paperback and expected it to be plain and functiona, but it's actually quite pretty with metallic accents. Now I don't want to open it because I know the golden parts will get all smudgy as soon as I touch them.

Might wanna wear some gloves in that case.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Ryu_Niiyama

And tire blow out. Ok, at this point I am like 88 percent certain I'm going to die before the end of the month. I blame that black cat that keeps hanging around my door...but geez did I trip over the fuzzy thing or something? Universe. Leave me alone. Sincerely, Ryu.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Wait, what? First ever? As in: not even on MySpace?

Beware, though. I think you've opened Pandora's Box...

@Morpheel Essential oils? Yeah, rub it in, why don't you...

And @bimmy-lee Are we talking about essential oils containing essence of grass/pot/weed?
Otherwise, I don't even want to know...

And what's this I hear about people not liking Judge Dredd in the way it's supposed to be liked?
On a side note: the newer version with Karl Urban wasn't too bad either.

@NEStalgia You tell 'em, ya old hermit...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

NintendoByNature

Man I'm tired, after a full days work, and I mean....full days work (730-430) I just layed down tons of mulch and stained the deck. I need a beer.....or 10

NintendoByNature

Heavyarms55

Woot! Happy days! Boss just gave me some free time off! I get a 3 day weekend this weekend and then the whole week of August 12th! Such lovely surprise!

(Technically all the teachers get this time, but since I'm on a different contract and tend to zone out during staff meetings, I kinda forgot. lol)

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - First ever, and I think I’m addicted. I’ve already added the Emoji Movie to the top spot of my Netflix queue.

I didn’t use them on MySpace because my sole purpose there was to find new music and convince people of my tall tales. I wrote fictional stories about being a pro underground whip fighter, pop culture satire, and things like that. Emojis would have been a dead giveaway. I can’t even remember my handle there, or I’d go back and look. It just became a place where I reconnected with everyone from my past who I had no desire to reconnect with, so I logged out and slipped away like a ship in the night.

Yes, I was referring to illicit oils. I’ve heard some of my friends make the same joke that Morpheel made, that FB is just a big marketplace for people who sell essential oils to sell essential oils to other people who sell essential oils. Except half of them are selling “special” oils. Vape culture is enormous here, and the illicit market has reacted accordingly. Most things they sell can now be reduced to their essence and added to an oil or liquid so that it can be vaped. So I was pretending to be FB illicit oil sales guy.

I’m with you on new and old Judge Dredd. While I’d much rather watch the Sly version (again), I thought Karl Urban’s version was pretty decent. I’m not sure what shifted to make action movies of yore comedies, though it’s probably just generational differences. I can laugh at some of them now, but I still think they’re awesome, and not every action movie can be The Raid; nor was that even possible back in the day. I do know that John McClain would pistol whip everyone in a Fast and Furious movie and take their cars though. Maybe not The Rock, but everyone else.

limby-bee was a jerk.

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - Dang dude, bottoms up, you earned them! Maybe stop short of 10 or tomorrow could be the same day, but with a hangover. Nobody needs that, not on a weekday. I’m drinking a Shorts Space Rock. It’s okay. I love the Shorts brand, but this is probably my least favorite of their offerings.

limby-bee was a jerk.

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee thanks dude. I actually got so tired I'm laying down. May Not even play games tonight 😣

Edit: I'll just play for a few 😉

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - That’s the spirit! Queue Going the Distance (from every Rocky training montage, the training montages where he’s totally serious now).

limby-bee was a jerk.

HobbitGamer

@bimmy-lee Does a whip fighter fight people using a whip? Or is it someone that addresses the folks that pimp their rides? Hmmm. Both are equally important.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

bimmy-lee

@HobbitGamer - Great question that clearly needs addressed. This was an open, running diary of a whip fighter who fights people in underground whip vs whip matches. I submitted them to McSweeney’s Quarterly Review, but they didn’t publish them. They don’t know what they missed! Five people on MySpace MIGHT remember though.

limby-bee was a jerk.

Heavyarms55

@bimmy-lee I remember Myspace. I think I was in middle school when my parents made me close my account the news reported after some kid got tricked into going to a hotel with a serial rapist or something. Joined Facebook without telling them when it started while I was in high school. Ironically perhaps I quit willingly last year and have been happier for the choice. lol Oh how social media has changed over the years.

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Eel

I got one piece pirate warriors 3 now that it’s heavily discounted on the eshop. Because I heard it’s a good warriors game.

I’ve played warriors games, so I know I won’t be too lost, but I know nothing about once piece... Will that be a problem? Has any of you played it?

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Heavyarms55

[edit] whoa sorry I didn't realize I'd typed this much!

@RedderRugfish I honestly really remember liking Myspace for the way you could put all sorts of custom stuff on your profile page. Middle school me thought that was the coolest thing online at the time. I then really enjoyed using Facebook to talk to my friends online in what felt like a natural evolution of AOL instant messenger, which I also used for years. But Facebook, or perhaps people online are different today than I remember them being when I was younger. I don't remember there being the countless arguments, insults, politics, etc that plague almost all of social media today. Seeing friends and relatives spout things online that I couldn't imagine them saying in person, horrible vile things grew to wear on me. And because controversial and argumentative thing always promote clicks, FB and other sites focus on them. I stopped seeing the status messages from people saying "Man, today was great, got off work early!" and started seeing only the negative posts with 200 comment long arguments. Fan pages would show a clip from an anime or game and all the comments would be negative or people arguing with them.

I could go on and on about it. But it drew me down a dark rabbit hole that, at my worst I was on Facebook, arguing with people all night long and going to bed angry several nights a week. It wasn't healthy. One day I finally just said enough was enough and stopped. One of the best choices I have ever made. Sure, the account is still there, but only so I can use the messenger app on my phone for international calls. And at this point only with my mother - everyone else I use Discord or Line.

I went through a similar thing with the news. In college I had professors who often stated that you have to stay up to date with the news and be sure to get it from several different sources in order to form educated opinions on topics. And I do still agree with that sentiment. But I found the same thing happening, I'd check the news from several sources regularly and it was always awful, always led me to hate everyone all sides. It was another rabbit hole of negativity. I quit watching he news regularly in April and now I only very sparingly keep an eye on it.

I just can't go there anymore. Maybe the fault is in me, unable to avoid that dark rabbit hole if I go near it. But for my own health and sanity, I needed to stop. Otherwise I'd end up hating everyone.

Edited on by Heavyarms55

NEStalgia

@bimmy-lee I had no idea "essential oils" now means illicit things....I thought of it as Oprah-fied cosmetics marketing scams for department stores and Sephora to sell.

And I had no idea "vape" stuff was about anything other than cigarettes and tobacco. Now I will view the dozen "vape" stores around here, and all their customers as criminals in need of a swift boot of justice, or a lead pipe to the face, whichever is easier.

Now that you kind folks have enlightened me to the world around me, I'm going to return to my hermit status for good.

@HobbitGamer I heard something about pimps and whips and I spaced out for the rest of it after that....what?

Also, @bimmy-lee is Bimmy Belmont, confirmed!

@Heavyarms55 So you couldn't stand the fact that news on all sides of an issue was just hatred of all other sides of the issue, mixed with lies and misinformation.....then you decided to come to a console video game website...? shakes head

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic