Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 31,601 to 31,620 of 96,471

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - I understand what you’re saying, I just feel like indicating a joke is a joke sort of ruins the joke, and I’m almost always joking, or at least half joking, making a joke of the truth. It’s a coping mechanism. I want to reiterate that I’m not actually criticizing your use of them, they’re just not for me, and I’ll gladly clear up the occasional confusion. Without a little confusion yesterday, I wouldn’t still be chuckling to myself while imagining that I’m gnawing on a still frozen pizza. Maybe emojis are the way of the internet. Other than a brief flirt with MySpace, this is the only place I’ve ever communicated directly with people on the internet, so I’m still a noob, but I’ve learned a lot of e-ttiquette in the last couple years here.

@HobbitGamer - See, there’s so many emojis in that post, I can’t even SEE the actual post. Now delete that post and bring me those toasted cheese sandwiches you talked me out of. And no more of this OLD wine, bring me some fresh stuff. Something from this year.

@NEStalgia - Yeah, I’d only want it in a stainless can. Then pack it in a cooler full of ice to get it near freezing. Like how stainless Heineken keg cans can get colder than any aluminum can if packed expertly in ice.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia I was talking about bimmy, not about Morpheel.

@bimmy-lee No worries, man. Didn't take it as personal criticism or anything. If I was that easily offended, then I'd probably never throw myself onto an internet forum in the first place...

In general, though, I really, REALLY hate the fact that a lot of these online discussions, or rather: useless discussions, often begin (well, for me at least) in large part, due to them missing people's tone of voice and facial expressions, and as such, it is all left up to the other person's interpretation and/or imagination.

So, for me and in general, when in an online discussion, a joke should be a joke, and serious talk should also be just that, otherwise, mixing the two up together, only creates more unnecessary exchange of words. And don't even get me started on the potential for trolls...

But again, it's all up to the individual, so I won't hold it against you. Besides, none of us will ever win from @NEStalgia anyway. He's basically Nintendo Life's resident smiley king...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - I wasn’t snapped out of existence, so I assumed I hadn’t offended you

There. First emoji I’ve ever used. Ever. Including texts and e-mails.

limby-bee was a jerk.

HobbitGamer

@bimmy-lee One of us. One of us. One of us.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

bimmy-lee

@HobbitGamer - I finally belong! Almost 40 years as a weirdo outsider, and yet here I am accepted. What else can I do to impress you all?!? Peer pressure meeeeeee!

limby-bee was a jerk.

Eel

Heeeey guyzz 🙋🏻‍♂️🙋🏻‍♂️🙋🏻‍♂️❤️❤️❤️
So I heard👂🖐️ that you like emojis 😙
Let's party 🎉 like we are on Facebook 🤗 trying to sell 💸💸💸 essential oils to each other 😜😜🤪

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

HobbitGamer

It's dangerous to go reading the internets alone with no emojis at night take that

😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Matthew010

Untitled
Watch this and you will become more enlightened than any one of us.

Edited on by Matthew010

Matthew010

bimmy-lee

It’s... it’s beautiful. I will watch it, and I will emote.

For real though dawgs, I have essential oils. One of them is real special. Can’t talk about it here. DM me. Cash only.

limby-bee was a jerk.

bimmy-lee

Everywhere I go, the essence of the most essential essential oils. Cash rules everything around me. Dollar bills ya’ll.

limby-bee was a jerk.

HobbitGamer

Link-Hero wrote:

@Matthew010
Any rational person would rather gouge there eyes and ears out than watch that travesty.

...Still better than Battlefield: Earth. Heyoooo

#MudStrongs

Ralizah

Real talk: the internet likes to exaggerate how bad that movie is (Emoji Movie). It's not good, but it's also not tremendously worse than most animated films released these days.

Heck, it's only moderately worse than Wreck-It Ralph 2, which was a long, painful parade of dated internet jokes and a depressingly corporatist view of the internet as a whole.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

HobbitGamer

I enjoyed WiR2. Lisa, you’re tearing me apaaart!

#MudStrongs

Ralizah

HobbitGamer wrote:

I enjoyed WiR2.

My condolences.

HobbitGamer

Acknowledge and appreciated, haha. Nah, I tend to enjoy films I can put on and glance at, more often than not. I'm often busy enough doing something that I can' t really sit down and just watch a film. If I did that, I probably wouldn't have enjoyed it as much.

#MudStrongs

Ralizah

@HobbitGamer I mentioned this on another forum, but that EXACT behavior is why I've seen the god-awful 90's Judge Dredd film so many times. It's fun to laugh at and makes good 'background noise' while I'm doing something else.

Edited on by Ralizah

Eel

I ordered the silmarillion as a paperback and expected it to be plain and functiona, but it's actually quite pretty with metallic accents. Now I don't want to open it because I know the golden parts will get all smudgy as soon as I touch them.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

bimmy-lee

I don’t like when stuff is so nice that I don’t want to use it. Gives me anxiety.

@Ralizah - Blaspheme. Judge Dredd is amazing because it’s both ironically and unironically great. It’s a switch hitter depending on your mood.

limby-bee was a jerk.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic