Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 31,581 to 31,600 of 96,487

bimmy-lee

@Link-Hero - Yeah, I was joking, sorry. I was making a distinction earlier between pizza you buy at the store in the frozen food section and pizza you buy fresh from restaurants. When I replied directly to you about eating frozen pizza while it’s still frozen, I was joking.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Lucarianzx

Ok so the luck brits have a eshop sale (and splatoon's looking nice) and I have paypal balance, but the eshop doesn't show a paypal option? (I'm in the U.S.)

I don't like Monster Hunter.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCySCtUppltv_WhFobC0Rq8w? (My safe place)
I'm probably listening to green day right now.

HobbitGamer

@Link-Hero @bimmy-Lee I’d also like to take credit for using Confusion. My SpAtk is on point.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

bimmy-lee

It’s all good and kind of funny. Slightly reminiscent of the raw ketchup situation. I’m now considering actually eating a frozen pizza while it’s still frozen. I think I talked myself into it.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

bimmy-lee

Was @Octane ever alive?

Hey @Anti-Matter , have you checked out Anarcute in the eShop? It seems like you would enjoy it. Looks a little like Wonderful 101, but with cute little animals. I know you like physical media, but I doubt this will ever be released on a card. It has a small discount in the NA eShop right now. I’m interested in it, but I’m not going to get it until it’s less than $10.

limby-bee was a jerk.

HobbitGamer

@Octane is Schrodinger's Mod.

@ThanosReXXX I almost downloaded Prime World, then I read about it. It's certainly not my type of game, so I doubt I could give an objective opinion to you. I'm absolute rubbish at tower defense games. It'd likely be something like;
"Even though the game has 'Prime' in the title, there's no Transformers to be found here. 4/10"

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Anti-Matter

@bimmy-lee
Hm... Anarcute...
Looked very rebel, i'm not sure i want to consider it.
I will leave it til one year to see if there is a physical release.
At the same time, i have already considered this game lately after long time i knew that game still has no physical at first release.
Untitled
Yono = Elephant Zelda game

Anti-Matter

bimmy-lee

@Anti-Matter - Yeah, Yono looks really cute. If I remember correctly, it scored well in a review on this site. Looks like a good one for you. I believe Anarcute is about resistance and toppling a corrupt government/ corporation, so yeah, the theme might not be for you.

limby-bee was a jerk.

ThanosReXXX

Tyranexx wrote:

Good grief, this thread moved two pages since I last checked it three hours ago!

I blame it on made up stories about frozen pizza burns and actual stories about canned water running amok...

@bimmy-lee Yes, there really are American stores here. The food store is basically just an indoor market with imported foods, so it's all originally bad, corn-syrup saturated stuff, and the book store doesn't just sell American books, all the employees are also American. And the fashion store imports brands like Levis, Nike and what not, so also pretty American as well. Don't know about the Seats and Sofas store, though. Sometimes, we just make XL or XXL versions of our own stuff, and then call it American...

P.S.

You should REALLY consider using smileys when you're joking, or adding a "/s" at the end of a sentence, to indicate sarcasm. As it is, you've already managed to confuse at least two people...

@Octane No, Octane is only just a vague shadow of his former self. He rarely even appears anymore...

@HobbitGamer If you don't like Tower Defense games, then what exactly in my earlier comments triggered you to even consider it? I clearly stated in the very first comment that I made about it, that it was Tower Defense, mixed with Magic and strategy. If I were you, I'd still give it a try anyway, since the main thing of the game is about strategy and collecting cards, like in Magic. You then use these cards to upgrade your towers.

And it's free! So, if you don't like it, then the only thing that it would have cost you, is a bit of time. And the game has a really lenient learning curve, so this might just be the one that'll actually make you enjoy Tower Defense games.

P.S.

The Prime mentioned in the title of the game, is the world's most important natural resource, so Prime is basically energy crystals and fluids that can be mined to used as fuel/energy source. Think spice from the Dune games and movies.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

HobbitGamer

@ThanosReXXX Sometimes I like to try things and entertain thoughts. I'm simply complicated
I might still give it a go when I've got time I haven't allotted to anything else, it is still on my wishlist as a reminder.

#MudStrongs

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - That’s hilarious. I was actually kind of imagining something just being twice the normal size to qualify as “American”.

As for emojis, I find them incredibly distracting, and sometimes even an insult on intelligence. We’re not going to always understand each other all the time, with or without them. Online or face to face. A little confusion is necessary, and it can generate interesting/funny conversation. I’m not trying to offend anyone who uses them, that’s their prerogative, but I’m not one of them.

limby-bee was a jerk.

HobbitGamer

#MudStrongs

ThanosReXXX

@HobbitGamer Complicated... yeah, that's what we pineapple-loving people are...

Always nice to see people keeping an open mind, though, in all seriousness. Personally, I never let reviews or any outside factor influence me too much. Otherwise, I would have never learned about all the games and movies I've played and seen, much less would I have found out that I really, REALLY enjoyed them, regardless of rather harsh criticism, claiming that they were bad.

Much like with food, in which case my approach in general is to taste first, and then, and ONLY then say that you don't like it. But of course, in the end, I'm only human, so there are a couple of things on the no-go list...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Well, if you dislike smileys that much, you could use quotation marks, or the "slash s" to indicate sarcasm. If a joke is typed in a comment, right alongside the rest of a normal text, and the intent isn't immediately clear, then confusion is bound to happen. And along with it, a lot of unnecessary commenting back and forth, to explain it all away.

If you ask me, that waste of time and energy alone is already too much...

But hey, to each their own, and I'm not going to tell people how to live their lives or behave themselves.
All I ever do, is offer options/suggestions. What people ultimately end up doing with them, is up to them.

I do agree that an over-usage of the smiley can be annoying, or come across as childish, but a single winking or broadly smiling smiley really is just meant to lighten the mood or a comment, far as I'm concerned.

As for the super-sizing and then calling it American: funny thing is that even with that pizza I showed you yesterday, even though it says "Big", it probably isn't much more than a smaller medium size in your neck of the woods. Although in all fairness, the big in this specific pizza mostly points to the much thicker bottom/crust, so it's not really about the size of the pizza as a whole.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Eel

"A product on your wishlist is on sale!"

(checks product, price is ~$20)

"There's a lightning deal available! See the deal?"

(click)

"Lightning deal price: ~$25
Regular Price: ~$31"

Huh.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

NintendoByNature

Speaking of sales. I got the video kid for a $1.25. Its a love letter to paperboy and i loved paper boy back in the day. I had my eye on this one since launch but never pulled the trigger. I figured, it's only a dollar and change. If I play it for 5 hours I more than got my moneys worth

NintendoByNature

Anti-Matter

I feel too depresed to play video games right now. 😞😢
My PC got some troubles just now, couldn't open Corel Draw X5 but could open Corel Photopaint X5. It stucked on "Personalize User setting screen"when i opened my CDR file.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

NEStalgia

@bimmy-lee Why on earth would you want to store your water in steel at all, unless it's stainless?

@Octane Are any of us alive? Is life a dream? What is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

@ThanosReXXX well, @Morpheel doesn't need emoji. He's a born rebel.

NEStalgia

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic