Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 28,421 to 28,440 of 96,537

HobbitGamer

@NintendoByNature I actually found it on Sony Crackle. That whole free with occasional ad, but I won’t argue free.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NintendoByNature

@AlohaPizzaJack love those movies. Netflix is always good for a B/C horror flick. I think Amazon has a few for prime that you can watch ( living dead movies that is)

NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

@ReaderRagfish the real question is... during your high school tenure as a receptionist, have you found out if O'Doyle rules?

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX Thanks for the explanation! It's definitely an interesting exercise. I wasn't completely expecting it to be 1:1 though.

To be fair, I've gotten a lot better with face-to-face conversations than I used to be, though I'm still not the best at carrying them. It kinda depends on the situation and my comfort level mainly.

Phones and occasionally driveups still pose an issue though. I mean, I can DO that stuff, but drive-up is strictly on a "have to" basis, and phones....Well, even simpler conversations with all but close family members take some rehearsing.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx Well, outside of using it for a job, such as I do in sales & marketing, it isn't really necessary for you to be "the best" at it. The whole system behind it, is that it becomes part of who you are, like a comfortable coat, that you can put on or take off whenever you need to. And as such, it becomes second nature at some point, negating the need to rehearse. Rehearsing conversations is basically the death knell for an organic, natural way of speaking, and hardly conducive to making people feel comfortable.

Personally, I don't even think about mirroring anymore, except for when explaining it to other people. It's just an automatic dip switch that activates whenever I'm in a conversation, whether that be face to face or on the phone. So, all I can say is give it a go, find a level you're comfortable with, and stick with it, and before too long, you'll find that it'll become second nature for you as well.

EDIT:
Oh, and you're welcome.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Anti-Matter

Morpheel wrote:

I restarted my Pokémon X save file and almost fell asleep playing just now.

I missed that.

You were almost fallen asleep with 3DS still being played, like me before. 😆

Anti-Matter

HobbitGamer

Truck computer ordered, hopefully it arrives and all gets sorted by Saturday at the shop.
On the upswing, it was cheaper than I’d planned, so I’m going to shift that extra change to the eShop and grab the Starfox DLC

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

1UP_MARIO

Untitled

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

NintendoByNature

When you look at it, it almost looked like he was about to start dancing to The Thriller

NintendoByNature

Vinny

Gotta love how Eggman is just Jim Carrey with a mustache playing Jim Carrey himself.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

SheldonRandoms

I can't wait to see what the action figures will look like!

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

HobbitGamer

Yep, it looks pretty rough. From a general movie perspective, that trailer doesn’t make the film terribly appealing. It’s like they threw E.T., Short Circuit, and Sonic in a blender. Then sprinkled 90’s Jim Carrey on it.

#MudStrongs

NintendoByNature

I actually didnt mind the trailer. Love Jim Carrey and most of his movies are worthwhile. Granted this may be bad but ill probabaly still see it.

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

My god... That looked even worse than I expected. Sonic looks horrible. They should have used Detective Pikachu's animators and/or character designers. They at least know how to correctly translate a cartoon figure to a real life movie...

In fact, they could have simply made a slightly more "real world-ish" version of any of the latest CGI Sonics from recent games. There was no need whatsoever to give him those weird, eerie limbs, and weird facial expression, probably due to the smaller eyes, making his brow look decidedly weird.

Oh, well. I've already given up on ever getting any consistency of truly good Sonic products a long time ago, whether that be games or now a movie. It's always hit and miss, and unfortunately WAY more of the latter...

@Vinny At the very end of the clip, he actually does look like an actual, real life Eggman. It's in the last two seconds. Blink and you'll miss it...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Anti-Matter

@ThanosReXXX
I feel bad for SEGA that has been fated to fail a lot of things, even their IPs got reputation damaged.

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

I can sort of get behind Jim Carrey as Eggman if done correctly (and that last shot in the trailer wasn't bad). But Sonic....No. Just no. I'll wait for reviews and hope that it hits "so bad it's good" status at the very least.

Also, I feel sorry for any mods or staff who need to touch that Minecraft article. I'd love to give my own opinion, but I'm also not stupid enough to light a match in a cloud of methane.

@Anti-Matter FAIRYGODPARENTS! 😉

@ThanosReXXX Yep, I have a habit of overthinking things a lot of the time. Seems like I went a bit overboard with how I feel thought mirroring works. Once again, thanks for the input.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic