Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 27,641 to 27,660 of 96,510

SheldonRandoms

AlohaPizzaJack wrote:

NintendoByNature wrote:

@SheldonRandoms hopefully you brought enough coffee for the entire class

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Vinny

"We live in a society"

Joker (2019, dir. Todd Philips)

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

NintendoByNature

@SheldonRandoms well thanks to you i walked downstairs away from my laptop hard at work to brew my own pot o joe.. and now I'm not working to respond to you.. bad influence I tell ya....

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX, @NEStalgia There's a huge unwritten list of movies that I need to see, of which the Jurassic Park franchise is a part of. Unfortunately, as that all takes time.... This conversation has made me contemplate getting Netflix again. As for Seinfeld, I've heard a lot about the show but never have seen it.

Now while I DID exist during the majority of the 90s, I apparently did miss some of Wayne Knight's popularity. For reference, I was born the same year the SNES hit the US. Now that I've made half the regulars here feel old....

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Anti-Matter

I didn't realize if there are 3 Disney movies on this year : Dumbo, Alladin and Lion King.
I have watched Dumbo and it was pretty good with completely different plot story than the cartoon version. I wonder what will happen to Alladin and Lion King. I still haven't see HD 3D of Timon and Pumba.

Anti-Matter

HobbitGamer

Helloooo nurse

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NintendoByNature

Love that line. Used to use it Every time a nurse walked in when I went to the Dr as a kid

NintendoByNature

SheldonRandoms

NintendoByNature wrote:

@SheldonRandoms well thanks to you i walked downstairs away from my laptop hard at work to brew my own pot o joe.. and now I'm not working to respond to you.. bad influence I tell ya....

Untitled

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Heavyarms55

@NEStalgia I have nothing but respect for people who sign up to serve their nation putting themselves into mortal danger to do so. Well, respect and pity because I believe America and other nations abuse that loyalty and service - but that is another discussion.

My issue is that I think it is ridiculous to consider someone old enough to vote in elections and to make the choice of joining the military at age 18, but to say at the same time, they are not mature enough to be allowed to drink alcohol.

When I was under 21 people often brushed off this opinion from me saying "Oh you just want to drink!". And yet, here I am distinctly past 21, now 27, and my opinion remains totally unchanged.

If it were up to me, the legal age of adulthood would be 18 and everything would start there, drinking age, voting age, driving age, age that you can enter into a legally binding contract without parental consent... And part of secondary education, high school, would be preparation for these things.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Tyranexx

Anti-Matter wrote:

I didn't realize if there are 3 Disney movies on this year : Dumbo, Alladin and Lion King.
I have watched Dumbo and it was pretty good with completely different plot story than the cartoon version. I wonder what will happen to Alladin and Lion King. I still haven't see HD 3D of Timon and Pumba.

That reminds me....I need to check theater times for Dumbo. XD 2019 is gonna be a big movie theater year for me. Too much stuff I wanna see.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

ogo79

@ThanosReXXX
i wish i was an octopus so i can put 8 feet in 8 different peoples a**** at once for putting pineapple on pizzas

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia While it's true that a lot of the military nowadays requires recruits to be able to do more than just function, there's still a disparity between soldiers and their commanding officers/management. Besides that, the brain not being fully developed yet still counts as a factor today, so that's also something that hasn't changed through the ages. Perhaps needless to say, though, that I was only half serious. Why else would I have put a smiley right next to a sentence mentioning cannon fodder being sent to die?

As for Wayne Knight's Adult Pinball: no, man. Just no. As in: not in a million years. We're never going to agree on that one. And Brazzers just isn't dungeon-y, so it really doesn't fit at all. It's all about high-class, aesthetically pleasing adult entertainment. It features good-looking people, beautiful locations, and besides it obviously being adult entertainment, it still has some class in its own category, something that I don't associate with dungeons, which is definitely more into SM and dominance territory, which doesn't appeal to me at all. Far too harsh, and not really enticing to me. Then again: apparently some people like it, otherwise it wouldn't be there in the first place. Personally, I've just never understood it.

@Tyranexx Not to worry. You can't make me feel old. Only I myself have that power. I do frequently feel smarter and more world-wise than a lot of other people, though...

And I think that people around your age or younger are in the majority here anyways, so you could only have affected a small group of people anyways.

Oh, and you missed nothing about Knight's popularity. I found it okayish at best. Then again: that's only my opinion, obviously. I do think (re-)watching the old Jurassic Park movies now loses some of the massive impact that they had back in the day, although some would argue that the dinos in that movie still look better than the ones we see in Jurassic World nowadays. But you can judge for yourself, once you get to them. The story of the first two movies still holds up pretty well, though, so you could definitely still get some decent entertainment value from watching those.

@ogo79 A bit late with the pineapple reference there, my friend. Now all you've done is bring the topic back to the front of the line, whereas most of us, including the pineapple fans, had already moved on.

@AlohaPizzaJack Pineapple is back in the conversation, so you're up.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@Heavyarms55 Some good points. And I too have respect for those who serve, even though I did make a bit of a joke of it earlier. I massively respect those who served in the last great war, and my grandparents told me lots of impressive stories about it, which really drove the point home that without their sacrifice, the world as we know it today wouldn't even exist. Having said that, though, it did also make clear that almost an entire generation of way too young men died to accomplish that, and it kinda makes you wonder if they did really know what they were doing, at that age. They probably did do some accelerated growing up, though...

But to get back to your main point: yeah, it really IS weird how you can vote, join the army and drive but not drink. Don't know about your whereabouts or the US, but over here, you can even already start your political party at 14 or 15, and actually have a say in things within respective parties, which really is kinda weird, because it theoretically means you could gain a measure of control over rules and regulations of a government, but you couldn't even buy a beer to celebrate your victory if you'd be able to achieve that goal...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Anti-Matter

@ThanosReXXX
Psst...
Random thing.
Just want to share some informations.
Young girls with at least 15 or 16 years old are allowed to pursue Modelling career, like Tyra Banks did when she was 15 years old.

And here in my country, young girls at least 18 years old or graduated from Senior High School are allowed to work as Kindergarten Shadow teacher (with training) / Kindergarten assistant teacher.

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic