Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 27,461 to 27,480 of 96,490

ThanosReXXX

@AlohaPizzaJack Well, I don't know about there being a wider variety, seeing as I'm not really up to speed anymore with all the Disney XD and Nickelodeon trash...
But as a kid in the 80's, I had more than enough cool stuff to watch. Japanese animation was on the rise, and many of these cartoons were broadcasted over here.

@Morpheel Oh, come on, you big softie. It wasn't abuse. It even has an official name: cartoon violence, which is described as a violence being so unrealistic and abstract, that it becomes too far removed from real life, and as such, most people can detach themselves from it, and simply laugh about a cat swallowing an ironing board, subsequently being used as a surf board, then getting overrun by an ocean steamer, and ultimately running out of the sea screaming because a shark is biting him in the behind...

You must really hate classic slapstick movies as well...

@NEStalgia Only in your eyes. Big difference between deer and lions is that even adult deer can still look cute.
I would also much rather run into one of those than into a full-grown lion...

P.S.

Still waiting on a reply concerning those wonderful anime trailers, which actually took me some trouble to find, because the ones I specifically wanted, were buried in a whole lot of crappy and different ones. Long live YouTube...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Eel

One that would always make me cry as a kid was the fox and the hound

Edit:
@ThanosReXXX: I dislike most old-timey "stupid comedy" in general. It just feels... Well, dumb. Specially if it involves violence as a joke. Anyway, you be happy, don't worry about it.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

NintendoByNature

@Morpheel love the tunes in fox n the hound.. the words are at the tip of my tongue but I can't make out what they were saying lol

NintendoByNature

HobbitGamer

Can I get a shout out for Brave Little Toaster? Also know as Homeward Bound; Sears Roebuck Edition.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Octane

@ThanosReXXX The Greek alphabet is a bit in between the Cyrillic alphabet and the Latin alphabet, making it easier I think. It also doesn't help that on top of the 30 or so standard letters, each country using the Cyrillic alphabet has their own set of additional characters. But if you know them you can tell stuff like Russian, Ukrainian and Mongolian apart and impress people. You know, once every two years or so when the opportunity arises...

Octane

Eel

(anime inner monologue)
"I must bethe only person in this group capable of telling Russian, Ukranian and Mongolian apart! This is my chance! Now I must solve the puzzle before the devic-"

(the trap crushes everyone)

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tyranexx

I'm a sucker for a lot of animated shows that are "classic" (depending on your perspective) and newer. I've seen older classics like Scooby-Doo, The Jetsons, Flintstones, Looney Tunes, Tom and Jerry, Johnny Quest....Throw that in with newer series that I think belong in a hall of fame like Avatar: The Last Airbender, the original Teen Titans, Jackie Chan Adventures, Recess, Rugrats....Dang. How much TV did I watch as a kid? XD

I've also watched my share of animated films too. Mostly of the Disney, some Dreamworks, and Don Bluth varieties. Now I'm getting the itch to watch The Secret of NIMH again....

Older SpongeBob is good, it's the newer SpongeBob episodes that are pretty meh.

Then again, I love animation in general.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Tyranexx

@Anti-Matter: That's a show that I've heard of but admittedly haven't ever watched lol. If it's anything like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, I'd probably enjoy it.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

HobbitGamer

Did anyone ever watch the US Funimation adaption of Shin Chan? Love it to bits.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

SheldonRandoms

AlohaPizzaJack wrote:

Did anyone ever watch the US Funimation adaption of Shin Chan? Love it to bits.

Remember watching the English version on Adult Swim. Was worth staying up late on a school night (or whenever it revved up).

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

HobbitGamer

@SheldonRandoms I’ve got the DVD sets somewhere in the house, which is rare for me. Includes a whole two seasons they declined to air.

Anyone try that Gem Wars ftp game on Switch? It’s from the puzzle quest folks, I played some and liked it

#MudStrongs

TheAwesomeBowser

ReaderRagfish wrote:

Just played a 4 player, 50 turn game of Mario Party 5. I ended with 7 stars and 369 coins.

What place did you end up in? I'm guessing 2nd.

Own up to Joy-Con Drift, Nintendo. We all know it's your fault

HobbitGamer

I saw a pinwheel blowing in a neighbor's yard. Next to a statue. Wanted to put an apple in front to get a Korok.
Send help.

#MudStrongs

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic