Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 26,281 to 26,300 of 96,507

GeoChrome

@Ninfan You were spamming by reviving a thread that has been active for almost 2 years just to post your friend code. Some of the people you mentioned aren’t even allowed on this site anymore.

Edited on by GeoChrome

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

Heavyarms55

@NEStalgia That reminds me of a motor cycle someone owned near where I grew up. It was so loud that it actually overpower my headphones at the highest volume I could stand and that was just the guy driving by. I can't imagine how loud it was riding it. Why anyone would want that is beyond me. I have to imagine they just wanted to bother everyone.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter Well, that was not shouting into the microphone, you could simply call the dogs in a normal way. But shouting was too ridiculous for me, and should be for any adult. But even talking into the microphone was just not my thing, and you know by now that I'm just not into all these cutesy games. It's just no fun for me. We all have our own tastes, and mine are different than yours.

@Blitzenexx For Nintendogs, yes, that would only be logical, but there were also cheaper, more shovelware-like games, in which you just had to shout, like battle cries for example, and these you could easily replace by blowing into the microphone.

I actually own the two Zelda games on the DS, but I never played them enough to find out about the 'musical instrument blowing' part...

@NEStalgia Haha, yeah, with headphones that would be VERY difficult. I should have written that down a bit clearer: the listening in on what moron has on his music player only happens with earplugs. Earphones more than sufficiently cover the ears, so no outside noises there.

I can relate to the live concert feeling, although I'd just say that my ears were still beeping for at least half a day afterwards. A little over a week ago, I went to a family party, of my aunt celebrating her 65th birthday, and they rented this club, with a band. Except the club was actually rather modest in size, and I get the feeling that the band's sound equipment was kinda calibrated towards a location with... well, to put it mildly, a little more space to fill the room with their music...

So, afterwards, half of the visitors had to pop the dents out of their eardrums...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

So, I'm off to make my own topic. I thought it would be about time, after all these years...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Octane

@ThanosReXXX If it's about sharing your Pokemon GO friend code, please use the existing one

Octane

ThanosReXXX

@Octane Don't worry, I don't play that kinda crap...

ThanosReXXX

So, if any of you inquisitive peeps want to join in on my first-born forum topic, you're more than welcome.
Bring your thinking caps along. It's going to be a bumpy ride...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

SheldonRandoms

Octane wrote:

@ThanosReXXX If it's about sharing your Pokemon GO friend code, please use the existing one

Untitled

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Eel

(as was mentioned) Any ds game that asked you to shout, would literally only check for noise levels. Any sudden loud noise, like blowing close to the microphone, would register as a "shout".

So I never saw it as a problem.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Ninfan

What is nintendo direct????????. Is this bad news

Ninfan

Anti-Matter

@Ninfan
Nintendo Direct is a Live streaming video from Nintendo about upcoming Nintendo games in the future.

Anti-Matter

ThanosReXXX

@ReaderRagfihs Well, there you go: that was my whole point. They marketed the whole microphone thing as being able to interact with speech, but in quite a few games, you could just cheat, and simply blow into it, instead of actually saying something. As can be expected, the technology was used far better in Nintendo's own titles, and there were only a handful of other, third party developers, that also went through the trouble of actually using the microphone for voice recognition instead of "air pressure" or however blowing into the microphone works and reacts with a game. Perhaps it's still just a matter of volume.

It's a gimmick if anything, and sometimes it's fun, but most of the time, it isn't. Did you know that on the 3DS, you can actually make all the game logos move or spin, if you blow into the microphone?

Just insert a cartridge, or put the cursor on one of your digitally installed games, and blow into the mic, and the game's logo will either start spinning, or will perform some other motion.

Tyranexx

ReaderRagfihs wrote:

I remember for Guitar Hero, you were supposed to yell "Rock on!" to activate super mode or something (I don't really remember), but the game also said "But if you're lame and won't say that, then I guess you can just blow instead."

Forehead clap Geez, I played all three Guitar Hero: On Tour titles and completely forgot about that. I thought yelling "Rock On!" was stupid and usually just made a random noise to get star power going.

ThanosReXXX wrote:

Did you know that on the 3DS, you can actually make all the game logos move or spin, if you blow into the microphone?

Just insert a cartridge, or put the cursor on one of your digitally installed games, and blow into the mic, and the game's logo will either start spinning, or will perform some other motion.

I discovered this pretty early on while playing my original 3DS near a fan. I still occasionally blow into the mic on my systems just to mess around for a sec and make the logos revolve for a sec. Some game icons are lazy, but others were created with that in mind.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

ThanosReXXX

@Blitzenexx Yeah, true. I've found that some logos just bounce up and down, and others spin and the harder you blow into the microphone, the faster they'll go.

Anti-Matter

There is a Japan Only NDS game that emphazised on Voice via DS microphone to get a Monster.
Zettai Onkan Otoda Master.

I have this game, but I still haven't finished yet. 😅

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX: I've noticed some like the Detective Pikachu logo actually change as they revolve too. He goes from holding a coffee cup to a magnifying glass. XD

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

ThanosReXXX

@ReaderRagfihs Really? You scare that easily? To me, it looks like the laziest of monsters, it seems like just because of him having to go through the trouble of having to open his mouth, he's already falling asleep...

@Blitzenexx Oh, that's new to me. Great, now I have to go through all my games to find out if I have any that also change their logos, because now that I've got this knowledge, I simply HAVE to know...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

GeoChrome

@Link-Hero That’s what that is? That makes the Amazing World Of Gumball somewhat more sensical.

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic