Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 26,121 to 26,140 of 96,542

Anti-Matter

@Octane
Phew...!!
I have beaten the Giant Mole (Boss) on the Gusty Garden. 😅
He was running all the time, made me very hard to attack him by spinning.

Anti-Matter

ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

smoke started to pour out of the cartridge slots.

damn son.
out of curiosity what game did you put in there? my retron 3 still works fine

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

ogo79

@Delibheel no one would attempt to play a n64 game unless its doom 64 or castlevania legacy of darkness.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

ogo79

and now...
its dangerous to go alone!
take this.
Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:

TheAwesomeBowser

ogo79 wrote:

and now...
its dangerous to go alone!
take this.
Untitled

Untitled

Own up to Joy-Con Drift, Nintendo. We all know it's your fault

Tyranexx

Delibheel wrote:

Please no plots to reduce the world population

Slowly puts down typed notes on the new Fast & Furious Challenge

@ThanosReXXX: ...The one where I still maintain a shred of mental innocence where the world is concerned?

I spent most of the day away from the internet. It's amazing what one accomplishes when they aren't checking various sites every little while.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Eel

OOOOooooohhh now I get it.

The band was named Spiderbait because they’re Australian.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

@Blitzenexx I like it when people still have the capacity to dream of nice things...

Blitzenexx wrote:

I spent most of the day away from the internet. It's amazing what one accomplishes when they aren't checking various sites every little while.

That's why I, amongst other things, dialed down the number of sites I visit to just this one, a Dutch Nintendo-related site, and the Xbox Live Games with Gold site. Other than that, I hop over to YouTube every once in a while, but that's just about it.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX: I'm starting a similar process. As much as I like this site, I've started checking it less often during the day. For game news, this site is pretty much it. I do still religiously check Serebii, throw in some IGN now and again, and sometimes find the occasional odd, interesting article elsewhere. The main thing I'm trying to dial down is checking comment sections...well...pretty much everywhere. There's some great discussion to be found for sure depending on the site, but....Well, I don't know if it's just the websites I've checked, but it's amazing how willingly some people insult others, troll, or react to something based on an incomplete story, little/no evidence, and/or are just there to cause trouble. All because there's a screen between them and everyone else.

I'd love to drop Facebook. The comment sections for even some of the most innocent things (IMO) can turn into political mud-slinging festivals before long. Unfortunately, it's the easiest way to get a hold of my mom via messaging (My parents live in a wooded area, so cell phone reception is spotty to nonexistent 99% of the time) and is also the primary way a couple of the groups that I'm in communicate.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

HobbitGamer

Blitzenexx wrote:

Same. I dabbled at noon, but then cleaned kitchen, organized garage, pruned 9 rose bushes, and mowed. I’m tuckered out. And now I’m here.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

TheAwesomeBowser

Delibheel wrote:

OOOOooooohhh now I get it.

The band was named Spiderbait because they’re Australian.

Untitled

Own up to Joy-Con Drift, Nintendo. We all know it's your fault

the_shpydar

ogo79 wrote:

the_shpydar wrote:

smoke started to pour out of the cartridge slots.

damn son.
out of curiosity what game did you put in there? my retron 3 still works fine

@ogo79
I actually had not used the R3 in quite a while. I was only using it to check out my copy of Commando for NES since it was having problems booting up on my AVS (kept freezing/crashing at the title screen) and i wanted to see if the problem was with the cart itself, or if the AVS was just having trouble with it for some reason.

When i went to power up the R3, it wasn't working — the LED "power on" lights weren't lighting up at all, so it clearly wasn't getting power. So i thought maybe the AC adapter was having a problem, and swapped it out for another spare AC adapter that i had. That seemed to work at first — the LED "power on" light lit up, but then quickly blinked out. And then i noticed an odd smell, thought "hmm, something smells like burning plastic", and then smoke started to come out of the system. Then i thought, "hmm, that's not good" and quickly unplugged everything and pulled out the Commando cart — which now has tiny little burn mark on the bottom of the cart.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

SheldonRandoms

24 years later, Ristar the Shooting Star never got a sequel or a playable status in a crossover racing game (or anything else for that matter).
Untitled

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

SheldonRandoms

I would've loved to create my own Ristar fan character in Ristar '06!

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic