Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 25,181 to 25,200 of 96,305

HobbitGamer

Yeah I think we’re gettin all the wind but that’s it. We had a rough rainstorm last night for a couple hours, about an inch of rain in 30 minutes.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@JackEatsSparrows That sounds like my kinda sandwich. Might even want to try slapping that recipe onto a freshly baked French baguette, or one of those triangle-shaped specialty breads, or making it into a Panini...

@Blitzenexx Yeah, I wasn't kidding where that part was concerned. And who doesn't love a good meat ball?
Well, vegetarians don't, but I'm definitely not one of those. I'm more of a mindful Burgundian. Taking care of myself, well for the most part, and also caring about good foods and vegetables, and the care that goes into getting those on my plate.

Either way, by all means, throw that recipe onto the forum. I already gave a few of my recipes, and I'm pretty sure others wouldn't mind having a go at it either.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

HobbitGamer

Hey, like @Anti-Matter said, eclipse is tonight. Here’s the deets for my North America fellows;

If you want to watch it live, NASA says that the edge of the Moon will begin to enter the Earth’s penumbra (the outer section of the shadow) at 6:36 p.m. PT / 9:39 p.m. ET. Over the course of the next 57 minutes, the Moon will dim as it travels through the penumbra. Then, at 7:33 p.m. PT / 10:33 p.m. ET, the Moon will reach the umbra, at which point it will become significantly darker. By 8:41 p.m. PT / 11:41 p.m. ET, the Moon will be all the way inside the umbra, and that’s when the eclipse truly begins. The best view will occur at 9:12 p.m. PT / 12:12 a.m. ET

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@JackEatsSparrows Eclipse, huh? We got a blood moon on this side of the pond.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

TheAwesomeBowser

You know the "Yoshi Commits Tax Fraud" meme, right? Well, if you haven't heard already, Fortune Street predates this meme. If you build a new tax office and someone's playing as Yoshi, the dinosaur will ask if he can be excluded from paying taxes.

Untitled

Edited on by TheAwesomeBowser

Own up to Joy-Con Drift, Nintendo. We all know it's your fault

Tyranexx

I'll be peeking out at the sky on occasion for the eclipse! The clouds are (for the most part) staying away here for now. The best viewing time is around when I go to bed, so I'll make sure to get a nice, long look before drawing the curtains.

The irony is that the game I plan on playing on and off this evening has a lot of focus on the moon....

@ThanosReXXX: Dug out the recipe card....Here ya go:

Meatballs
3 lbs. ground beef
1 C. milk
2 C. quick oats
1 t. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 t. garlic salt
1/2 t. chili powder
2 eggs
1 t. salt
1 T. chopped onion

Mix the above well with the hamburger.

Sauce
2 C. ketchup
1 1/2 C. brown sugar (I reduced this to just 1 cup, but feel free to stick with the original measurement.)
1 t. prepared mustard
1 t. salt
1 t. chili powder
1 t. Worcestershire sauce

Prep directions: Make meatballs, cover with sauce, and bake 1 hour at 350 degrees F (or the equivalent in Celsius) in a 9x13 pan. If making a half batch, use a square pan (8" or 9") and bake for the same time.

There's no specified meatball size, so you can make them as big/small as you want (within reason).

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Alantor28

So I have just finished World 2 of Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze for Switch. The World 2 boss is a bit challenging along with the World 2 K temple. Now I wish I played the Wii U version before the Wii U's sad demise, but I am glad I am playing the Switch version.

Other than that, I played a bit of Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu in the post game. So now I'm trying to find someone to trade Pokemon for Ekans and Pinsair. I know I won't get a reply from this, but does anyone have Let's Go Eevee? I would really need the help I can get to fill out my Let's Go Pokedex.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6488-5483-0698
PSN: MMX20

Alantor28

Also, should I get New Super Mario Bros Wii U Deluxe for Switch next month? I am eager to play the Switch version of New Super Mario Bros Wii U.

PSN: MMX20

TheAwesomeBowser

@Alantor28 Well, that depends if you had a Wii U or not. But I'm not gonna be negative.

Own up to Joy-Con Drift, Nintendo. We all know it's your fault

Eel

My dad kinda assumed the last hat I made was his after I showed it to him. So I'm making another one for me

Trying a different loop style. Making this one with regular brown yarn mixed with thin black yarn.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

HobbitGamer

@ThanosReXXX Yeah, we had the blood moon around 630 eastern. ‘Twas humongous

#MudStrongs

HobbitGamer

Wow, we have a totally clear sky here and I just stepped out to see phase of the eclipse. Looks pretty neat. And there’s so many constellations visible. Country skies for life.

#MudStrongs

Tyranexx

JackEatsSparrows wrote:

Wow, we have a totally clear sky here and I just stepped out to see phase of the eclipse. Looks pretty neat. And there’s so many constellations visible. Country skies for life.

I came here to post literally the exact same message. XD

Edit: Man, it really is awesome-looking! Unfortunately due to the moon's position in the sky, I have to keep stepping out....It's a nice brisk 7 degrees Fahrenheit/ -14 degrees Celsius right now.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

LadyCharlie

the eclipse was so freakin beautiful.

a girl I'm talking to is Wiccan, and she said the blood moon eclipse represents a cyclical reset, a rebirth period.
I really hope she's right.

LadyCharlie

Switch Friend Code: SW-1787-3887-5088 | 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6315-2933

Anti-Matter

@Matthew010
Thanks for listening my anxiety about PS4 Slim last time. 😔
Sometimes i have two feelings about my PS4 games i have, could it be love, could it be hate.
Like when i didn't realized my saltiness about Sony brand, i could play my PS4 games without any saltiness.
But when suddenly my mood was not in the right time to play PS4, sometimes there was a feeling to get rid my PS4 machine, like i suddenly remembered my saltiness and the hurt feeling that still felt from my heart.

Sometimes i was thinking, how could i be so intimiate with PS2 & PS1 due to DDR and K-1 but suddenly really hates PS3 & PS4 due to No DDR & K-1 anymore ?

And after i heard Sony moved their HQ from Japan to California, with a lot of Censorship (For me the censorship was a good thing for some reasons to protect the youngster from really inappropriate things), i was thinking if Sony want to back like before with more Kids games and be Neutral after their arrogance by not allowing Cross Play with other console gamers?

Should i forgive Sony a little bit like i have forgive Microsoft last time (I am Neutral now with Xbox product but still not my favorite video game machine) by the time PS4 will going to enter their Twilight age before they replaced by PS5 or something ? 😞

Anti-Matter

HobbitGamer

I stayed up till 130ish playing LEGO Harry Potter, figured I’d sleepin in till 8 or 9 since I’m off today. 4 1/2 hours later, I wake up because the cat is knocking around the dog’s bone into everything he can. He sees me standing in the hallway, stares me down and meeps, then turns and hops away.

This is gonna be a fun day 😂😴

#MudStrongs

ThanosReXXX

@Blitzenexx Thanks! Looks good. I'll put it in the recipe diary, and I'll try it out some day soon.
3 lbs of ground meat, though? That's going to be a BIG pan full of meat balls...
I think I'm gonna half that, or 2/3 that, at the most.

I'm assuming 't' stands for table spoon, but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
Also had to look up 'quick oats'. Been living over here for too long to understand that term...

@JackEatsSparrows Ah, that sounds cool. The moon does get somewhat bigger here, sometimes, but it's only on certain specific locations that it ever gets to be an "XXL" size. I do hope I get to see that in real life some day, so fingers crossed that'll happen. It's a bucket list thing. Doesn't even have to be a blood moon, simply humongous will do just fine...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic