Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 25,061 to 25,080 of 96,526

ThanosReXXX

@Vinny You mean that you just discovered it recently, or quite a while ago already?
And which version did you get?

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Vinny

@ThanosReXXX I got it back in december, I have the PS2 version and I also got Gun: Showdown for the PSP out of curiosity.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

HobbitGamer

I played Gun on Xbox, I enjoyed it!

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@Vinny Ah, okay. Well, there's also an Xbox 360/PS3 version, which looks quite a bit better. That's the reason why I've got several versions myself. Back in the day, a good friend of mine drew my attention to the GameCube version, and so I bought that, but I actually sucked at it, and in some ways, the GameCube controller wasn't as suited to first person games as the controllers on later consoles were. And my skills in such games also weren't all that great, to be honest.

So, I got stuck pretty early on in the game, so I never even got that far into it, and I tossed it aside to play other games that I preferred and was much better at. Once I had it on the Xbox 360, though, I was already much more skilled in these types of games, and the controller was obviously also a huge improvement,
so I picked the game up again, and this time, I played quite a bit further.

Never did finish it, though: I always have a habit of buying too many games, especially back then,
so I just had too many of them vying for my attention.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Tyranexx

@NEStalgia, @ThanosReXXX: They retape on the same tape until it's done for, then move on to one of the few blanks that they stocked up on. They have Dish and an option for DVR, but y'know...more money lol. I might be able to convince them to get a more modern setup once the living room TV finally craps out. I know their Dish bill has been gradually rising over time.

They cope when we're on vacation by watching the show (The Bold and the Beautiful) via CBS's website, but the ads don't get any better online. I don't see why they still bother with that show's repeating loop of drama actually. I swear that most of the main cast has been married to each other at least three times....

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

HobbitGamer

Oh man, makes me remember when I’d have to wait for mom’s soaps to finish so I could play Duck Hunt 😂

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@Blitzenexx Well, if you actually know that, then you must have at least watched it more than a couple of times yourself...

As for the tapes: well, nothing weird there. That's how recordable tapes were supposed to be used. I did that, back in the day, and my dad still does that, much like your parents.

And once they realize the reduced overall cost and ease of use of getting a box with cloud-based recording, well at least: if it also works like that on your side of the pond, then they'll probably warm up to the idea. Right now, my dad has a box without recording option (cheaper subscription), but I'm pretty sure once the VCR goes to the eternal hunting grounds, that he'll either be looking at something else, or will ask me about good options.

Here's hoping that when that day comes, he doesn't go to the thrift shop to try and find another VCR...

Eel

Ok, so I'm having an internal debate.

I'm still in this odd pac-man mood. And there's these cute lcd-based small arcade machines (kinda like game and watch versions of the games) on amazon and I really want one. But I'm having a hard time deciding which one.

They have Pac-Man and Ms. Pac-Man. Both are functionally similar, and cost the same.

Now, Ms. Pac-Man has the great advantage of being, well, Ms. Pacman. It's a much more advanced machine: multiple mazes, backlight, and has color.

Pac-Man on the other hand is a plain monochrome black on gray machine without backlight and a single hard-coded maze design.

However, based on some videos of it I found online, Ms. Pac-Man sounds bad, much like the actual arcade machine, it has constant cacophonic beeps that never stop. Meanwhile Pac-Man has pleasant (or at least less annoying), more iconic sound effects. It also probably consumes less power, which means batteries last longer.

I also already have the Ms. Pac-Man mini arcade, which is a more accurate conversion of the game with actual graphics. I don't have regular Pac-Man.

Hm. Why is wasting money so hard. Which would you guys buy? I kinda wish they had the regular pac-man with the colored backlight screen.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

@Delibheel Well, if you already have Ms. Pacman, I would say buy neither. That Pacman one sounds (and from the description also looks) like crap.

You should buy one of those LG Bluray players instead, at least that's a useful waste of money. No, seriously: ask @Blitzenexx...

EDIT:
Ah, you can tell it's way past midnight over here: I overlooked the pictures. But now that I've actually seen them,
I can say with full confidence that I would never buy either of them, because they're both butt-ugly and cheap looking. Do yourself a favor, and save your money for something better. Or buy Pac-Man Arcade on the Switch, which looks far better.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Eel

I mostly just want one as a collectible, not much for their value as actual games .

I like these little lcd games.

Ya know, it's kinda like buying a Funko figure.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX: The house that I grew up in had an open floor plan, so it was hard to get away from; heck, even my own room was in a loft that opened to the lower floor. I did admittedly pseudo-watch it for a period of time, but I wouldn't ever call myself invested in it.

I really don't know what they'll do when it finally conks out. I know my mom really had to hunt for a VCR/DVD player when the old one died, and the device they have now is several years old already.

I don't really bother with recording things and tend to get to shows in my own time. I do kind of regret missing the full onslaught of the Breaking Bad craze though.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

GeoChrome

JackEatsSparrows wrote:

I must have frozen my brain. I walked to the break room and back to my office before I realized I had put my lunch in my desk and my wallet in the fridge. Somebody call the pound, today is gonna be ruff.

This is almost an exact recreation of the Alzheimer’s Awareness commercials. Spooky.

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

SheldonRandoms

Delibheel wrote:

Ya know, it's kinda like buying a Funko figure.

Wouldn't understand ¯(ツ)

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

HobbitGamer

@GyroZeppeli It was followed by a recreation of the LineLine commercials. Someone called me about an email. I’ll space the medical jargon, but suffice to say that they didn’t understand what clear words meant. It was akin to walking into a Burger King asking for a McDonalds Happy Meal. I repeated back what they said four times, they didn’t understand that they were stating their own solution.

I slid out of my chair, still on speakerphone, and laid on the floor. After a few moments of silence, they asked if I was still there. “Where else would I be?”
“I don’t know. I thought you hung up”
“...did you hear a click?”
“No”
“Did you hear a dial tone?”
“No”
“I need help, im trapped”
“Trapped where?”
“In whatever universe this phone call doesn’t ever end!!”

#MudStrongs

Tyranexx

Is anyone else's autofill on their phone majorly aggressive? I feel like I spend way more time editing a post than initially typing it. This is why I prefer an actual keyboard. It's a LOT faster for me.

Now here's the same paragraph without corrections:

Is anyone else's autofill on their phone makorlu aggressive? I feel like o spend way more tomorrow editing a post than inirially typing it. This is ehy I prefer an actual keuboard. It's a LOT fastwr for me.

GeoChrome

@JackEatsSparrows That’s interesting to say the least. Probably the worst instance of someone not understanding a non-joke (I honestly cannot tell you how many times my friends get wooshed, thankfully I never have to really explain it to them).
@Blitzenexx Yes, but my autocorrect has always been like that. Even with its “superior tech”, or whatever Apple calls it, I still have to edit almost every post because of incorrect spelling. The worst part is when it autocorrects its to it’s and vice-versa (which happened to me while typing this sentence).

My Bio teacher took us on a field trip to a nearby Sam Rhine genetics conference. It was really interesting to see the progress that is being made with CRISPR, but the ethics of it really is a big component. I also got to miss over half the school day since the conference was very long and far away, so that’s a plus.

Edited on by GeoChrome

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

Tyranexx

Mine seems to have added some typos to its dictionary. Like that bad example of "initially" up there. It finally stopped turning Majora's into Major's and Majorca at least.

The fact that it often misuses it's and its drives me nuts too.

HobbitGamer

I’ve had to intentionally train my autocorrect for southern speak. I’m usually quite proper, but if I get annoyed or flippant, I’m not always going to type (or speak) correctly. Kind of like giving off a “you don’t care to listen, so I’ll be lazy about it” vibe, I guess 😂

Or if I’m being funny.

#MudStrongs

Eel

I rarely switch languages in the keyboard, so my english autocorrect is rather used to spanish words now.

I can be annoying at times though.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic