Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 25,001 to 25,020 of 96,533

ThanosReXXX

@CharlieSmile My bad, and you're welcome.

@JackEatsSparrows Ah, good to hear that it has normalized. Some people will simply grab any and all opportunities to push whatever agenda or short-sighted idea they have, unfortunately.

As for that work situation: been there, done that, so I feel for you. Even more so, since the amount of people is a bit larger than I used to have to deal with. Regardless, it's one of the reasons why I decided to become an independent contractor. Not enough days in the week left to un-stress after yet another crappy and pressure-filled day working for the boss-man...

@Delibheel Mind you, I have to stress that I don't want you to close that thread, just take a look and see if you agree on certain individuals taking it to the wrong next level. The idea of the thread was decent, and like @JackEatsSparrows says, it seems to have calmed down now, but in general, in several threads and/or comments sections, it's always the same people being the instigators, instead of being more open-minded to other's ideas, something they strangely (and quite often) accuse others of...

By the way, what the heck is a tumblr attitude? And forgive me for apparently being too old and not enough social media engaged to get that one.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@Delibheel Ah, okay. Fair enough. Didn't see you already posted that, since I was still busy making my own comment.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

ThanosReXXX

@Delibheel Understood.

Octane

@Delibheel You know I only check this site a handful of times a day until I find the time to fix my internet? Don't blame me if it's a dumpster fire next time I take a look!

Some of the earlier comments, well, we can do without the first two pages in that thread. But I'm on my phone, and doing mod stuff is a pain in the butt!

Octane

ThanosReXXX

@Delibheel I was just about to say that you were mistaking real kids for virtual pets.
Don't forget to water your plants. Or go for cactusses, erm... cacti.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

HobbitGamer

Tumbler attitude?
Untitled

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Haruki_NLI

I got praised at work! Even with losing all my strength and feeling intense pain through my body all shift, I tidied up the main food aisle on my own and....the supervisor said it looked flipping (Changed it for you!) incredible, since you can stand at the far end (And this aint no short aisle) and see EVERY product with just a glance.

That made my day.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

ThanosReXXX

@Knuckles-Fajita Praise and/or recognition is always nice, and the affects of it, are highly under-estimated.
Far as anyone can get to know someone online, I think it was probably well-deserved.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Tyranexx

I'm not sure how much that Ask An American thread has taken off since I last checked this morning, though I have a couple of notifications in it that I'll respond to in awhile. FWIW, I've tried to stay on-topic with my responses in that thread and not go off on random tangents.

That's not to say that I wouldn't like to discuss my opinions and views about some issues in a civil, mutually respectable manner. Unfortunately, I've used the internet enough to know that any productive discussion often gets derailed or drowned out by those who throw any opinions other than their own out and tend to paint everyone in a broad, diverse group or groups with the same brush. Some of the early posts in that thread provide a classic example.

@ThanosReXXX: Thanks for the link! I'll comtemplare that one once all of my utility bills are out of the way for this month!

I currently like my Sony DVD player that upscales to 1080P, but I have felt the need to jump on the Blu-ray wagon on and off again recently.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Haruki_NLI

@JackEatsSparrows @ThanosReXXX I actually felt really damn invigorated after that too!

And my floor manager said yeah you leave that impression near constantly with how you clear the store.

So woo!

Eel

My vacations were non-paid, so since I only worked two days this 15-day period, I only got 2 days worth of monies. That's quite cute. A baby pay.

Also ouch.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

@Blitzenexx You're more than welcome. As for the current player, I actually never heard of a DVD player that upscales to Full HD, so that's new for me. I only thought Bluray players did that with DVD's. I would almost certainly keep that as a spare, then, if you decide to go for the Bluray player.

One other nice thing about it, or actually two, is that it is future proof, in that it allows streaming and has apps such as Netflix and YouTube, and you can attach your own USB media to play content from, so it caters to all kinds of preferences. I myself have the more luxurious (but also older) variant from LG, that still came with an internal hard drive, and a smart card input, so I can also watch TV on it, and record programs, or copy from USB devices to the internal drive.

But it is also twice as wide in size, whereas the one I linked to, can easily fit in an average-sized bag/backpack, so you can even take it with you to family, friends or on holiday, should you choose to do so.

@Knuckles-Fajita Good to see you're slowly moving into the more positive realms again...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Haruki_NLI

@ThanosReXXX Even with our hours but cut down drastically to save money (Turns out January is being FAR quieter than expected), I'm still doing 16 hours a week and I aim to make those 16 worthwhile.

ThanosReXXX

@Knuckles-Fajita That's the spirit! Ah, darn... didn't mean to make another alcohol-related comment again.
Booze and work don't mix, unless you're a bartender...

But if things keep going upwards, that would warrant raising a glass to it. And who knows? You've seen enough crap last year, so maybe this year is going to be your time to receive some more positive things in your life.

HobbitGamer

@Delibheel Tamagotchi pay

@ThanosReXXX you and @NEStalgia with those puns. You should write cheeky obits. With limericks.

I finally got home. I think I’m gonna put on lazy clothes, take my med, and play Lego Potter or something mindless. It’s been a rough day. I may pop in later.

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic