Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 24,901 to 24,920 of 96,526

ThanosReXXX

Men who knit...
What is the world coming to?

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@Delibheel Well, to each their own, I guess. All I know is that it's definitely not for me. I've done more than enough obligatory stuff like that in school, to last me a lifetime. I'll just stick to carpentering, claying/sculpting, painting, drawing, photography, sports and of course gaming...

The most gender-universal thing that I actually really like to do, off the top of my head, is cooking.
But knitting? Not to step on any toes, but that's just a bit too womanly for my taste. I don't like all the thread-fidgeting either. Guess I'm just old-fashioned like that...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

HobbitGamer

@ThanosReXXX @Delibheel I can't do knitting because my carpal acts up. But I'll occasionally do small sewing repairs. I do alot of farming and small/medium engine work, and cook, outside my vidya gamin.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Eel

Oh yeah I sew too. It’s pretty much a necessary skill everyone should have.

When I comes to cooking, I prefer making desserts. I’m not too good with seasoning, and raw meats usually make me feel nervous.

But at least I’m good at baking ham and ribs.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

HobbitGamer

I'm the opposite, I never learned to make many sweets. I'm skilled at meats and seasoning them, marinating. And I can do all kinds of things with potatoes and onions. And noodles. And peppers.

Last night i actually made a bomb dish. Boiled some penne noodles, then put that in a casserole dish with some mushrooms and a yellow bell that I chopped and sauted. Then I added in some shredded chicken, grated parmesean, and cooked the dish for 25 minutes. It's quite delicious.
And now I'm hungry.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Vinny

Blade Runner and Akira are set in 2019, lol.
Technology doesn't evolve as fast as media portrays it.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

ThanosReXXX

@JackEatsSparrows @Delibheel Yeah, I knit sew too. But only to repair clothing and so on. That is also where my loathing towards fidgeting with threads comes from. I hate it, but seeing as I'm a single man, there's nobody else here that's going to do it for me. Recreational/voluntary needle work, though... not so much.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

HobbitGamer

Not enough blood. 0/10.
Nah, I can’t get into the games with that blocky aesthetic. Slayaway Camp is probably the only exception because of the puzzle gameplay.

#MudStrongs

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter I don't, and I won't. I like my games with a generous amount of guns, sex, women and beautiful cars.

Oh, and massive robots and monsters. And explosions. And guns. Did I mention guns already?

HobbitGamer

Don’t forget the boom sticks

#MudStrongs

Anti-Matter

@ThanosReXXX
I play games that completely Opposite with your preferences.

It should be Kiddie, Cute, Colorful, Girlie, Less Actions, Less Violence, More designing, Quirky, Unique, Funny, Catchy music, Educating, some handsome dudes, be a Good guy.

Well, with a little bit of tolerable Violence like Dillon's Dead Heat Breaker 3DS.

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@Link-Hero
Sometimes i cannot differ between jokes and something serious.
I tend to treat almost everything seriously, except if I start to get silly from the beginning.

Anti-Matter

HobbitGamer

Link-Hero wrote:

Sometimes i cannot differ between jokes and something serious.
I tend to treat almost everything seriously, except if I start to get silly from the beginning

Hey, I fixed the comments.

#MudStrongs

Octane

@ReaderRagfihs It's pretty much engraved on the inside of my skull at this point...

@ThanosReXXX Catching up to a few pages of this thread. I just came back from Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse; and that's one of the best things that happened to Spider-Man film-wise. I went in with low expectations after Venom (not that it was terrible, just OK); but Spider-Verse was great!

Octane

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter I know, I was just kidding, my friend.

If you didn't understand that, then that's kind of on you.

First off: if I was serious, I wouldn't have added several smileys.
And I repeatedly said guns, to over-exaggerate my point, another clue I was joking, and to top it all off,
I jokingly mentioned giant robots and explosions. No one here took that serious except you:

ThanosReXXX wrote:

@Anti-Matter I don't, and I won't. I like my games with a generous amount of guns, sex, women and beautiful cars.

Oh, and massive robots and monsters. And explosions. And guns. Did I mention guns already?

Still, on a more serious note: you should realize that it is not the standard norm, for grown men to exclusively play kiddy, girly or cartoony games, let alone only games with muscly guys in them...
In some parts of the world, that would even raise serious questions about the nature of the person playing them, so in general, you will always find a reasonably large share of opposition to your opinion.

So, you'd do well to keep that in mind, and not be opposed to it so much, or at the very least just let it be. As long as you don't bombard us with your opinion on what people "should" be playing, we don't mind what kinds of games you play, and you shouldn't mind what type of games we like to play. Let all of us choose ourselves, instead of constantly hammering on how bad 16 to 18+ games are.

I honestly believe that this is also what got you into trouble with the site administrators the last time. It's okay for people to have different tastes, and if you don't like something, well... then just don't play it, and don't comment on it. Nobody likes all this negativity all the time, and nobody wants to be told what he should play, or that he or she is a "bad guy" if they don't play or like the same games as you.

It's a new year, so you've got a new chance to give being more open-minded towards other people's tastes a go. And in return, you'll see that people will do the same to you...

@Octane Yeah, I think I'm going to like that one as well. Haven't seen it yet, but I will. In general, I like Marvel's animated movies, and I'm also a bit more forgiving towards them. Well, at least: if the voice acting is good enough...

Agreed on Venom. It was decent enough, but not one of the better Marvel movies. The sequel could be good, though, if they nail the whole Venom and Carnage thing...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic