Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 24,821 to 24,840 of 96,538

GeoChrome

@ReaderRagfihs I’m not saying they should. It just sounds like something they would do in order to please everyone they can.

Edited on by GeoChrome

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

GeoChrome

@ReaderRagfihs I sold my only working GBA and all of the games I had for it to a friend about half a year ago. I wish I hadn’t done it, but I guess I could always get a DS Lite from GameStop. They’re still pretty cheap, right?

Edited on by GeoChrome

GeoChrome

@ReaderRagfihs Apparently GS is selling a GBA SP for only about $50 preowned. Games aren’t too pricey on Amazon, so I think I could build up a decent collection when I have the funds.

Anti-Matter

Speaking about GBA games...
Which is better ?
Super Mario All Stars SNES / Wii port or Super Mario Advanced series (1 - 4) ?

Anti-Matter

ThanosReXXX

@ReaderRagfihs Ha, those are some decent games indeed. If you like rally/racing games, you might possibly also want to check out the two Top Gear games. I still own both, with the 2D one being one of my first purchases, and a good choice if you like the classic racers like Outrun, Lotus Esprit and the SNES Top Gear, and the 3D one is pretty much my favorite.

Back in the day, I couldn't believe they were able to pull that off on a GBA, and it still looks good on the handheld to this day, and it even looks good on the Game Boy Player on a CRT, so perhaps it's also something for you.

Here are some videos of the two games:

Both made by Kemco, who were practically the masters of racing games, both on the GBA and on the N64, back then.

By the way: I assume you've seen the list I posted a few pages back, with games that I personally think are worthwhile GBA purchases, since you were more or less part of that discussion with MysticGengar, but if you want to browse through it out of curiosity, or for comparison's sake to see which ones you already know or which ones might be worth checking out, then you can find my list here. Happy gaming!

P.S.

Here's hoping that Disney leaves Nemo alone. No need to bother the kids with all that weird adult stuff and conundrums that only results in more questions than answers...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@ReaderRagfihs Yeah, I've played that Game Boy version on my Game Boy Color. It was somewhat okayish, but it doesn't even come close to the GBA version, though. The controls on the later version are really responsive, even though it has a real "easy to learn, hard to master" vibe, and I would easily recommend it to anyone looking for a good GBA racer. GT Advance was good for what it was, but ultimately just a simple 3D sprites in mode 7 racer. Top Gear is far better, and requires real skill, which is what I personally like.

In the video, you only saw 2 types of tracks, but it has about 8 different types, and they vary and/or mirror them, so lots of variety for a 3D game on such a humble system. Yes, I am a fan.

What I'm also a fan of, is Worms, ever since the Commodore Amiga days. I've got practically all the games on all systems and computers I own, so I'm probably a bit biased, but I really liked the GBA version, and of course it was the only version of the game that I could take with me, just in case I felt like playing it.

So, instead of going into a comparison text wall, I'll just post a video with commentary, so you can judge for yourself:

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

TheAwesomeBowser

I made a cover for a Windows version of Yoshi Commits Tax Fraud, but it's kinda hard to share because it would be hard to get the exact size (OpenOffice person). Once I figure it out, though, I'd be happy to share it with you lot.

Own up to Joy-Con Drift, Nintendo. We all know it's your fault

Tyranexx

Yeah, the one ride was originally Star Tours, I believe. It was in Tomorrowland, right? I experienced the original setup back in the late 90s/early 2000's when we went to Disney World the first time. They'd redesigned it into a Lilo & Stitch experience last time we went a few years ago. I don't recall if that particular instance was at World or Land.

I'm still a bit salty about them retheming Tower of Terror (Disney California Adventure) into a Guardians of the Galaxy ride, but...meh. At least the original is still in operation in Florida. That's mainly because it's sort of a custom job.

@Delibheel: Glad you had fun! Space Mountain is fairly bare past a couple of light effects IIRC. I've seen it completely lit without the effects; during our last foray at Disney World back in 2011, they had it closed for maintenance the last day we entered Magic Kingdom. You could see some of the ride from the People Movers/Tomorrowland Transit Authority ride. It kills the magic a bit, but I still thougjt it was cool; I like seeing/learning how rides work.

That's a bummer that Haunted Mansion was closed. That's definitely one of my favorite rides!

Brownie points for getting your bro on Thunder Mountain. 😈

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

ThanosReXXX

@ReaderRagfihs The 3D one is my favorite. I don't know if it's specifically because of the 3D, because both are fun to play, but in the 2D one, environments simply change color, but the tracks all stay the same. As the first game I ever got for the GBA, it was fun enough to play, and if you like that type of game, it's still good, but if I had to choose, then I would recommend the 3D game to whoever asked me.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Eel

@Blitzenexx Oh I see then it's normal. I guess I was expecting it be a bit more spacey. It was still fun feeling the ride, and it being dark means I could handle it better.

Yeah I really wanted to visit the Haunted Mansion with my brother 😟, but it was basically impossible to even see the front yard. Completely blocked all around.

Oh and I forgot, we also boarded the Mark Twain with Tiana there. That was a nice boat ride, good music, lots of ducks in the water. It ended a lot faster than I expected though.

We got to see one of the legendary Disneyland cats lounging in the shore of the island next to some props. The general reaction from the people was "that one looks real!".

(And about Thunder Mountain, his wife definitely liked it, if her laughing was anything to go by! 😆)

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

@ReaderRagfihs

P.S.

The wonky physics are there because he chose slippy mode, other than that, they're just like in the other games. Basically, the only things that are downsized are the graphics, the sound samples and the option to save/edit maps. Don't know for sure if it's like the guy in the video says, that there's 4 save slots for user created maps, because it's been quite a while since I played it.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Anti-Matter

@ReaderRagfihs
For Super Mario Bros 2 Remake on GBA, i found the graphic was okay but the voiceovers were quite annoying.
I mean, the Toadstool screams everytime he pulls out the turnips from the ground. 😆

Anti-Matter

BenGrimm

Top Gear Rally on the N64 was amazing.

BenGrimm

Tyranexx

@Delibheel: Your brother's wife sounds a lot like I do on rollercoasters. I absolutely love them and scream and laugh like a maniac! ^_^

Unfortunately I have to go pretty far to get to most theme parks. One pipe dream that I have is to get to Cedar Point before I get too old to tolerate riding them.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

ThanosReXXX

@ReaderRagfihs Well, guess I'm not just an overly biased Worms fan after all, then.
But in all seriousness: yeah, I also found the GBA version to be quite complete, and to be able to play that on the go is actually really nice. If you like Worms, obviously...

@BenGrimm Yes it was, wasn't it? That second game was hard, though. What with all the car parts breaking down at the slightest collision or miss-direct...

EDIT:
Just gonna add a video of it, for the curious people. Or for the people who fondly remember it...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

HobbitGamer

In today’s thrilling installment of Hobbit Hates The Workplace;
The CEO hears that a neighboring agency in Atlanta area is having trouble getting paid for services, and assumes that must be the case for us. But what’s this? Hobbit has already said we don’t provide that? Now the CEO is confused, as Atlanta surely must be able to figure things out that Hobbit can’t!

Will our stalwart hero be able to bring reason and sense back to our afflicted leader?

Will he be able to collate his department’s complicated data sets into a presentation fit for school children?

Will he maintain his sanity??

Stay tuned, and find out!

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Eel

I don't really do heights. Traditional roller coasters just give me anxiety, with their thin rails and tall places...

Which I guess is why I like Big Thunder Mountain so much. It's fast and roller coaster-y, but I feel more, uh, grounded... I guess.

Maybe one day!

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

BenGrimm

@ThanosReXXX
Never got the chance to play number 2 as it was my older brothers computer and I only got to play the games he had for it. I was more Lego sets back then.

BenGrimm

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic