Forums

Topic: Realistic Expectation for Zelda's 35th Anniversary

Posts 121 to 137 of 137

VoidofLight

@jump But 3D world was a port and All Stars was a collection of ports. BOTW 2 would completely overshadow skyward sword HD.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

FroZtedFlake

@jump I think they could do that as long as botw 2 is revealed to come out either around christmas time or next year, which is highly likely. Because if it came out before, or around ss and any other remakes then it'd for sure overshadow them

Games I'm playing right now:
Tears of the Kingdom - Switch

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4
Ace Attorney Trilogy - Switch

jump

@VoidofLight So? They are still Mario games that they need to sell them, just because they are ports it doesn't mean they dont have to drive up hype for people to go out and buy them.

Unless they are gonna just cancel Skyward Sword then that's always gonna be the case, they are even aware of it when they had to reassure people that there would be BOTW2 news this year when announcing SS. They can be clever about it and get hype going for BOTW2 hope it rubs off on SS since it is one of the more luke warm Zelda entries.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

FroZtedFlake

@KonoRobinMaskDa676 I can't see nintendo doing that, unless it's basically zelda 35 with the original game or LttP. Edit: I could see another four swords or somn like that getting released tho

Edited on by FroZtedFlake

Games I'm playing right now:
Tears of the Kingdom - Switch

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4
Ace Attorney Trilogy - Switch

VoidofLight

@jump But being ports, they’re much easier to advertise without overshadowing one another. It’s why 3D world’s bonus content didn’t get revealed until long after All Stars released.

Not to mention, it’s safe to assume that the Mario direct was supposed to be around e3, but everything got pushed back.

jump

@VoidofLight I can use the example of the recent Pokemon Direct announcement instead if your issue is they are ports but it doesn't change they still need to push the games.

Also Bowser Fury was literally announced the same direct as 3D All Stars.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Grumblevolcano

I don't think Nintendo will share anymore info on BotW 2 until they announce the rumoured new Switch revision. As for when the revision is announced, I'd guess either around June 15th (if E3 2021 goes ahead and Nintendo takes it seriously) or around July 22nd.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

VoidofLight

I don’t even think there’ll be a new switch revision, due to supply shortages. The switches would just generally have the same scalping issues as the ps5 and xbox series x.

Not to mention, the switch rumors are the same every year effectively.

While it’s true that the pokemon direct showed two different games at the same time, the games have different audiences and niches, to where one wouldn’t just completely overshadow the other. @jump

jump

@VoidofLight What? Pokemon is hardly niche, both are gonna be huge mainstream sellers. I'm even tempted to declare they will both sell double whatever SS does.

Nicolai wrote:

VoidofLight

@jump No, I meant the two games cover different niches, or purposes. the Diamond and Pearl remakes are for those who don't want to play an open world pokemon, and want something more traditional, where the open world game is for those looking for innovation in the series.

NintendoByNature

@jump it's happening. Gone are the days in the wild. Buy your botw copy now before zelda dies at midnight!

NintendoByNature

jump

@VoidofLight That does sound much different to BOTW2 and SS, one is a traditional Zelda and the other is open world ;p

Nicolai wrote:

VoidofLight

@jump The thing with Zelda though, is that Nintendo wants to sell Skyward Sword to Breath of The Wild fans, so having both during the same event wouldn't probably do well for their goals. Not to mention, it just makes more sense for a bigger title to be present at a summer direct or at e3 over a smaller anniversary direct.

jump

@VoidofLight Who's to say it can't be a summer direct, May or June direct will fit all that together, as I said the actual anniversary is gone so it can be whenever they want.

BOTW fans are gonna be disappointed when their new big new free and open world SS game is a super linear and handholding. ;p It's best not to dress SS up as something it's not.

Nicolai wrote:

VoidofLight

@jump I agree, but most people are probably going to walk away from Skyward Sword HD disappointed. Nintendo is basically advertising Skyward Sword HD as the game before BOTW, in order to get BOTW fans to play it.

kkslider5552000

Thankfully, I don't think nearly anyone on Earth actually thinks those two games are especially similar.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

MarioBrickLayer

I posted this in the Next Direct thread, but it's probably more appropriate here.

Has anyone seen the trailer for a new Apple Arcade game called Wonderbox? It's an adventure game with what looks like a fairly sophisticated builder tool, with a different art style this is the basis of what i'd expect a Zelda Maker game to be.

I'm not sure it's a realistic expectation, but given the success of Mario Maker, I'd be surprised if Nintendo hasn't at least considered something like this.

MarioBrickLayer

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic