Forums

Topic: Realistic Expectation for Zelda's 35th Anniversary

Posts 101 to 120 of 137

BruceCM

Well, it's certainly possible, @dionysos283.... Less likely they'd want to do the Zeldas from there if they are doing Twilight Princess & Wind Waker, I think but who knows with Nintendo?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

dionysos283

@BruceCM
I mean Grezzo did the Miitopia port, which in itself seems to hint that their ultimate goal was to port the Zelda remakes they themselves have made.

dionysos283

BruceCM

OK.... Not sure how much they decided about it or if it was Nintendo, though I don't think people would buy 5 Zelda games at £50 each in a year, though

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

dionysos283

@BruceCM
A Zelda collection containing all 3D Zeldas (except SS and BotW) for 60€ would be a dream come true, but is pretty unlikely.
But why not bundle WW with TP, and OoT with MM, each for 60€. Seems reasonable to me.

Edited on by dionysos283

dionysos283

Grumblevolcano

@dionysos283 I'd guess it's more likely Grezzo wants Nintendo to allow Ever Oasis a 2nd chance. Both Miitopia and Ever Oasis are 3DS games that were overlooked because they were 3DS games in the Switch era.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jump

@Grumblevolcano I wouldn’t say Miitopia was overlooked, it sold over a million copies.

I’d love to see Ever Oasis on Switch, it was a great game.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Cynas

jump wrote:

@Cynas I quite like Four Swords Adventure myself and I’d probably put it in the top half of Zelda games. Tri Force Heroes not being at the very bottom is more OUTRAGE than that.

Typically I see it near the bottom of tier lists next to Four Swords and Tri-Force Heroes. I'm not a huge fan of the game, but I don't hate it. Maybe I'd enjoy it more if they re-released it with an easier way to play multiplayer. But even still, I wasn't a fan of a lot the game's core elements like the segmented levels and the item system. Something feels off when playing it too, kinda feels like playing some weird fan-made Flash game, but maybe that's just me.

I also find it weird that they would rank the Oracle games at 18/17 while ranking Link's Awakening at 6. All 3 games are extremely similar. Link's Awakening has a more unique story and feels a bit less linear I guess, but other than that they play very similarly. I actually like the Oracle games a bit more, since they each have an interesting central mechanic and I enjoyed the dungeon design more (especially in Ages).

Cynas

Switch Friend Code: SW-5466-6715-6498

kkslider5552000

The Oracle games are really good, but the problem is that they're like Link's Awakening, except they kept adding random annoying segments and things to it. And a lot of the most annoying parts and the ones that stood out the most.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Zeldafan79

@kkslider5552000
I personally felt Capcom had put too much of their involvement on them and it made much of the oracle games alot less fun as a result. Like the stuff you mentioned it felt sometimes they were too difficult and very annoying. Link's awakening just flows better and feels more relaxed. It's actually the game that got me into the series!

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

jump

As much as people want and are speculating on a 3D collection I would much prefer a remastered collection of the DS games. They haven’t got the sprite art charm of older games and they didn’t feel liked they worked on the Wii U virtual console.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

jump

@Slowdive I don't thinks there's been any hints myself, it seems it more player speculation has driven these rumours than anything based on Ninty's doings.

Nicolai wrote:

Grumblevolcano

@Slowdive Timing feels off. It doesn't feel realistic to have 2 Wii U ports, 3 HD remasters that weren't previously given HD remasters and BotW 2 to all release within 6-8 months. If it was to be true about OoT and MM being more than just Mario 64 style releases thrown on some kind of overhauled NSO I wouldn't expect BotW 2 until at least holiday 2022, possibly even 2023.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Jackpaza0508

Link is executed on March 31st 2022

He/Him

NintendoByNature

Tomorrow is the big day. Everything zelda will be announced. Including botw3. Hype responsibly

NintendoByNature

jump

@NintendoByNature Nah, they are just gonna announce that BOTW was actually a limited released but forgot to tell people so you can no longer buy it and it gets deleted from your Switch.

When's the Hyrule Warriors DLC suppose to be coming? They could probaby do a 20ish min Direct on the DLC, BOTW2 and Skyward Sword trailer whilst throwing in a surprise or two and then the anniversary is done.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

VoidofLight

I feel like if we’re getting any botw 2 info, it’ll be at the summer direct or e3.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

jump

@VoidofLight Ninty have already missed tha actual anniversary of Zelda so at this point they can do a Zelda anniversary Direct at any time during the rest of the year now.

Nicolai wrote:

VoidofLight

@jump Yeah, however I wouldn’t really expect them to show a trailer for botw 2 and skyward sword in the same direct, unless it’s e3 or something special. Same with just a general BOTW 2 trailer anyways.

Edited on by VoidofLight

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

jump

@VoidofLight If there's an anniversary Direct which consists of just one Zelda game that would suck. ;p

They have showed early BOTW1 off when it wasn't E3 before and Ninty weren't fussed about showing 3D World and All Stars at the same time so I don't see them worrying about showing off multiple trailers for the same franchise. I can't be bothered to check but I'm pretty sure they have done trailers for Tri Force Heroes and Twilight Princess HD (or some other combo) at the same time before.

With AOC DLC coming in June, SS coming July etc it makes sense to stack up on Zelda content for a possible anniversary Direct as it's not like Mario with a ridiculous amount of spin offs to plug.

Nicolai wrote:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic