Forums

Topic: Movie thread.

Posts 5,201 to 5,220 of 6,550

Rambler

@jump
I've alway enjoyed freaking out people by putting on Eraserhead or Pixote at 4 in the morning, though I think I'm passed doing that now.

The Aphex Twin / Chris Cunningham stuff usually went down very well, IIRC

Rambler

jump

@Rambler It could be worse. I was at a party once where someone decided to put on a xxx movie with a deepfake mode so everyone in the house was in the film doing very sinful things.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Rambler

@jump
That sounds outrageously wrong, yet very intriguing

Rambler

Hydra_Spectre

HotGoomba wrote:

Solo: A Star Wars Story (not to be confused with Salo: Not a Star Wars Story) is one of the darkest films I've ever watched.
No really, I can't see s--t.

It looks like the upcoming Peter Pan and The Little Mermaid remakes from Disney will be even darker. Which is a surprising choice given it's a remake of a classic Disney animated film.
I can barely see anything in the trailers. Still gonna give The Little Mermaid 2023's soundtrack a listen since Halle Bailey sings amazingly well as Ariel, and so I don't have to see the CGI abominations that Ariel calls her friends.

Edited on by Hydra_Spectre

Emulation and preservation advocate. Tails fan.
The 3DS looks best with the 3D Slider set to Full.
Metal Gear will never die.
Healing through content creation.
Regularly watches films in 35mm at the cinema.
#SonicMovieSweep #GhibliSweep #MiyazakiSweep

XandertheWise

watching Snakes on a Plane right now.

then later tonight ill be watching the classic Reform School Girls on Tubi

XandertheWise

Rambler

@XandertheWise I've just got round to playing with the Plex app on my TV, and there seems to be a stack of lurid horrors on there - the slumber party massacre series for example

Rambler

OctoKing

I’m gonna watch the Mario movie this Friday! Besides that I might get dragon ball super:super hero in the near future

(Insert Signature Here)
Switch FC: I don’t know! Just type in random letters/numbers and hope that you get OctoKing!
Currently playing: Zelda TOTK

Hydra_Spectre

Watched Makoto Shinkai's new movie Suzume a few weeks ago and I really loved it.
I even saw it in 35mm analogue film. 35mm is considered a premium limited format nowadays in first-world countries. But 35mm film is considered a poverty budget cinema format in the Philippines.
I get to appreciate the superior analogue aesthetics while spending less money.

Emulation and preservation advocate. Tails fan.
The 3DS looks best with the 3D Slider set to Full.
Metal Gear will never die.
Healing through content creation.
Regularly watches films in 35mm at the cinema.
#SonicMovieSweep #GhibliSweep #MiyazakiSweep

Snatcher

You know. I honestly hate saying animated movies suck, because wile everything else in the movie might suck, the animation usually really good! I have seen people saying illumination movies are soulless, which I think is true, but I hate to say that because I always think there animation is really good, and I. Recent times it’s been pretty top notch. Even if I don’t like the Mario movie, I probably will enjoy the animation.

And that also goes for recent Disney movies, I don’t really enjoy the recent Pixar movies to much, but the animation is so good. And it also sucks when an animation movie does bad, because animation isn’t easy, and the animators usually at least I feel like, don’t get talked about to much and kinda get lumped in with the bad writing and other choices.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Okami1

@Snatcher illumination plays it weak in the plot but lets the animators go freaking ham with the animation and attention to detail. I also gotta say Pixar is getting very samey with the stories, it's almost always the make-you-cry-sometimes deep story with very little sense of wonder and character with each movie. My favorite animated thing to happen recently was an anime called BELLE (WATCH IT, IT IS AMAZING) and that was a fairy tale retelling.

SO in short, I agree.
Untitled

Edited on by Okami1

dysgraphia awareness human

Okami1

@Colonel_Mustache I think they'll put more care into a Zelda movie since Zelda is more for an older crowd than say a Mario or Pikmin.

jump

@Snatcher Stop watching children's cartoons then. For all the talk about animation should be taken seriously on here it's only ever followed up by talking about kids films and ignores that there are arty and more thought provoking animations that aren't water down so that 5 year olds can watch them like;

Flee, which transcended the cartoon award at the Oscars and went for different serious categories too.

Anomalisa, from indie darling Charlie Kaufman who did Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind, Being John Malkovich, Adaptation etc.

Loving Vincent, an experimental biopic about Vincent van Gogh where every frame is painted.

Persepolis, a POWERFULL coming of age story set during the Iranian Revolution.

A Scanner Darkly, based on a Philip K. Dick book which is visually hypnotic and is more demanding than watching someone shout banana.

Mary and Max, a quiet but pervasive film with wit and emotion.

The House, a surreal anthology film linked together with arty farty themes.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Snatcher

@Owl1 I don’t know who at illumination lets the animators cook but whoever it is, keep cooking!
I agree about Pixar, hope elemental will be different, but there’s not much hope on that front, but the animation will be amazing regardless.
Oh I watched that movie oh my god it was amazing! Not enough people talked about that movie, I wasn’t expecting to take the serious turn it did.

@Colonel_Mustache I guess they just don’t want the illumination style humor, which I understand, but at the same time, it’s still aimed at a younger audience, as long as they make interesting writing choices, and don’t make it boring which I don’t think they will, the movie will do just fine! But if ti does poorly, I will feel so bad for the animators.

@jump I have to agree with you on that, I think the reason for that is because Pixar and Disney are the most popular, but because of that movies that the ones you mentioned get overshadowed, and no one talks about them much. Plus for some reason animated movies tend to get tied with having to be for children, which I have no idea how that’s still a thought process with all the adult animated content we get, not even adult for all ages to boot, and it’s amazing.

Adult animated tv shows seem to do better in the animated area then movies it seems.then movies at least from what I have seen.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Okami1

@Snatcher I am so glad I own it on Blu-Ray.
Untitled

Okami1

@Snatcher it was also PG... MINIONS IS PG, IT IS THE SAME RATING AS THE MINIONS MOVIE!!!

Snatcher

@Owl1 honestly rating never matter for a movie, it only tells you the content and what said person put it. Some movies work with a higher rating because that means they can put the content or more serious them in a movie, whatever it may be. This movie didn’t need that, proving, that if written well, a pg movie can have serious themes and amazing story’s!

Okami1

@Snatcher I like to challenge myself and only watch PG and PG-13 movies, it makes finding hidden gems more fun imo.

Like Juggernaut

Okami1

@Snatcher not saying I hate R-rated movies I just like the challenge of finding things. I have seen 2 R-rated things (according to Canada's rating system), The Batman and Planes, Trains, and Automobiles.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic