Forums

Topic: Movie thread.

Posts 5,181 to 5,200 of 6,550

Sunsy

This made my day! So excited after over a year of waiting since its announcement!

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Rambler

@jump how do you pronounce RRR?
Is it:
R R R
Rrr Rrr Rrr
Rrrrrrrrrrrr
Argh Argh Argh
????

Rambler

jump

@Rambler I say R R R in private but actually talking to people in the pub or at work I go arrgghhh like a pirate for the lols.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Rambler

Oh god, the whole of Hard Rock Zombies is on YouTube.
It's truly awful - zombies mixed with 80s hair metal and the accompanying culture.

But - but!!! - it's zombies mixed with 80s hair metal. So what you gonna do?

Rambler

Rambler

@jump so you don't scream it as if you've been savaged by a dog? I might've been doing this wrong

Rambler

jump

@Rambler I’ve never heard of Hard Rock Zombies, it looks truly awful. I also noticed Hitler is part of the cast…

They need to remake it with the likes of Saxon, Cinderella and all those other horrible hair metal bands no one cares about anymore!

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Rambler

@jump
It's bloody awful, but yes, your read the cast list correctly. One for that professor in White Noise (ooh, postmodernism alert!!)

Ratt, Tygers of Pyang Tang, Warrant, Poison, Twister Sister - it's just the pits.
Apparently that's why Depeche Mode's album is called Violator - they thought it would be funny to give it a name that was worse than an album by an 80s metal band

Rambler

Sunsy

@Colonel_Mustache You're welcome. Really happy to finally see what's next. Will admit, I didn't expect the story this time around to be centered around a boy band. Which is fun to see given Branch's voice actor is Justin Timberlake of NSYNC fame.

I'm hoping to make this my most watched movie in theaters.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Sunsy

@Eagly I'll still watch trailers and promo stuff. Usually I avoid spoilers for the actual movie (show and games too). The real spoilers is spoiling the actual story and plot twists. A synopsis and trailer never ruins it for me personally.

Plus being someone who loves shopping for merch, there's going to be no way to avoid new characters either. I remember seeing toys with Poppy's World Tour look as early as January in 2020.

card-crunch78

I don't know if this counts as a movie, but I finished the Netflix interactive movie "We Lost Our Human".

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

HotGoomba

@JadeKitsune I mean I consider it a movie. It's feature length. It's just in a different format.

Also I'm considering interacting with the movie pretty soon since it interests me.

The link on my profile got even worse.

Don't click on it.

Or you can, at your own risk.

jump

Woah, Rye Lane is one of the best rom coms in years. After the British rom com fad has died down (remember when they churned out rubbish like Bridget Jones or Wimbledon constantly, urgh) it's nice to see something that doesn't star wacky Americans and is decent.

It's set in Brixton/Peckham an area of South London (where Only Fools And Horses was set and where Rose from Doctor Who lives) but I had fun spotting places I’ve been to much like in The Eternals where I had fun seeing Camden Town my favourite London nightlife spot. It's the right balance of heart warming and smart funnies, it actually has people talk like real people in it, the soundtrack slaps, cinematography is bloody gorgeous and it uses the city rather than having it as a mere location.

Nicolai wrote:

XandertheWise

movies im watching today and tonight

The Shining
The Initation
Nice Girls Don't Explode

XandertheWise

jump

@XandertheWise The Shining is so bloody good! For the last few years I've been wanting to rewatch it with Doctor Sleep back to back but I rarely have a spare 5-6 hours for something like that.

I listened to a podcast with Mike Flannagan the director of Doctor Sleep where he mentioned on the set of the hotel he lined up shots as per The Shining to tinker with them but found he couldn’t do any of them better so Stanley Kubrick really is a master film maker. I don't understand why more people didn't watch Doctor Sleep. It's a really good movie and far better than a decades later sequel should have any right to be and a worthy sequel to both Stanley Kubrick and Stephen King's versions with how it bridged the two versions whilst also doing its own thing.

Nicolai wrote:

Sunsy

@Eagly That's fine if that's your thing. I'm more concerned with the actual movie, story, game plot, itself. Again, promo material and merch is fine by me.

Also, most likely I'll see the trailers when I go to the movies anyway, so there is no way to avoid them.

Oh please let them play the new Trolls trailer with the Mario movie. I would love to see Poppy on the big screen again.

Edited on by Sunsy

jump

@Rambler I watched Salo after you recommended it. I was abit surprised/disappointed as it wasn’t nearly as graphically disturbing as I thought it was gonna be, it’s just soul crushing.

As a think piece on fascism, corruption and debauchery in ye old war time Italy it’s interesting stuff. I’m certain there’s bits I’m not picking up by not being familiar with Italy but luckily my mate has started dating an Italian so I can’t wait to ask her to justify a two hour avant grade softcore/horror film made by her people!

Nicolai wrote:

Rambler

@jump it's definitely a very well done film, combining de Sade, Dante, and fascist Italy.
I guess having even more explicit elements may have overshadowed his intent, but, to me anyway, it looked like he's not adverse to including them.

It's definitely not a gore film (the book definitely is...), but the imagery is extraordinary, and, as you say, thoroughly depressing.

Apparently they had a right laugh making it though (according to Wikipedia anyway).

A video artist did a piece where he interviewed the actors who played the slaves. He also did a similar piece with the actors who played the nuns in The Devils, but I've not seen either.

Totally recommend The Devils. Oliver Reed, Ken Russel, sets designed by Derek Jarman, and stalwarts of 70s/80s sitcoms doing unspeakable things.
It's a Ken Russel film so is utterly mad, but is also thoroughly gruesome and graphic, and very intelligent. Think it's only been shown on TV once (I recorded it sometime in the mid 90s), and it came with a very, very long warning at the start.
I think that there are a number of versions kicking about with the American cut heavily edited (it's the nuns, I think)

Rambler

jump

@Rambler It sounds like a proper contrast where the xxx stuff in the film is played down compared to the lols they were having on set. Yeah it's very well crafted in, particular how dehumanized everything is and how it's detached so you watching it as an observer rather than in the thick of it. I do like the how pianist throws herself out of the window as she's had enough of this rubbish just like the viewers feeling after they have seen it.

I'm blaming it on watching the film after having 4 hours sleep after a night out whilst I drank my morning coffee so I wasn't fully awake but I'm having a hard time figuring out the use of the daughters in the film. Maybe I should watch it again once I'm fresh but that's rather grim.

Nicolai wrote:

HotGoomba

Solo: A Star Wars Story (not to be confused with Salo: Not a Star Wars Story) is one of the darkest films I've ever watched.

No really, I can't see s--t.

The link on my profile got even worse.

Don't click on it.

Or you can, at your own risk.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic