Don't click on it.

Or you can, at your own risk.

Kermit1

@HotGoomba a Bell UH-1 Iroquois?

Currently Playing:

Known to be quirky on occasion

EaglyTheKawaiiShika

@Kermit1 @HotGoomba your both wrong this is where academy awards look best

(Is this too gross for the mods I don’t think it’s technically breaking any rules)

Edited on by EaglyTheKawaiiShika

Top Games, Xenoblade 1 2 3, Noir a tomato/replicats, Mario galaxy 1 2, MGS5, Stardew valley, Hollow knight, Yakuza Like a dragon, GOW 2018, Doom 2016, Dragon quest 11, Bug fables, FE3H
Holy S##t guys Puss in boots 2 is great
https://youtu.be/bEoNNYyVNxc - Puss in boots 2 preview

EaglyTheKawaiiShika

@Kermit1 seriously though the academy feels so biased at times. Like think about it this way big mouth has more emmys than better call saul, the wire, the good place, community and parks and rec combined
And I would list movies but I’m more familiar with tv but the point still stands

Top Games, Xenoblade 1 2 3, Noir a tomato/replicats, Mario galaxy 1 2, MGS5, Stardew valley, Hollow knight, Yakuza Like a dragon, GOW 2018, Doom 2016, Dragon quest 11, Bug fables, FE3H

Kermit1

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika the Emmys and Grammys are two award shows I don't really care about... The same goes for the Oscars and Golden Globes...

Currently Playing:

Known to be quirky on occasion

SlashFuture

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika ...Big Mouth has more Emmys than all of those shows? Seriously???
Untitled

Background Character in my Own Story.

Platforms:
Nintendo Switch, PC

I may post sporadically, but I'll try to reply as soon as I can!

EaglyTheKawaiiShika

@Kermit1 at least the Oscars occasionally has a funny stand up routine like cris rock. Oh

@SlashFuture yep 100% true by the academy’s logic big mouth is better than all those shows. And just to do a little more digging Bojack Horsman too. Wonder why the amazing drama about the dark side of hollywoo has no emmys too. Truly the most unbiased voters of all time

EaglyTheKawaiiShika

And I haven’t even gotten to how Morbius was snubbed. The movie is of course the greatest accomplishment of humanity. It should win all oscars from now on and all previous Oscars should be given to it. But alas the academy can’t respect the artistry simply because it’s a marvel movie

HotGoomba

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika And yet Aggretsuko has zero Emmys. Smh.

The link on my profile got even worse.

Don't click on it.

Or you can, at your own risk.

jump

@VoidofLight Do the Oscars matter or do the Oscars matter to you are two different statements. Most people take it as focal point for discussion of the best films that came out and then forget about it (I can't remember what won last year nor do I overly care) but I know a few people who won these types awards and whilst they don't view it as changing their world they do view it as being recognized for their work which is what it really is.

To be honest though just looking at some of the regular user’s reviews on this site like "lol only unmarried childless girls in their 30s would like that", "this film just had people talking without telling jokes, wtf!?", "Disney were wrong to have gay people in that film as gay people aren't real, gay is a mental illness that should be cured" and "Puss In Boots 2 should win best Oscar" I can see a very good reason why awards are a good yard stick of quality.

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika The Oscars have nominated Marvel for a major award this year though with Angela Basset going for best supporting actress with a relatively decent chance of winning.

The Emmys aren't saying Big Mouth is better than x show, it's not even won a best show award as they have been largely centred around Maya Rudolph's voice acting. It does help to take the award/nomination in the context given rather than counting them up as wins/loses as it defeats their purpose of awarding a specific area nor is just being nominated without winning a failure.

The Emmy’s awards seasons rather than completed shows, even though The Wire is brilliant the show was greater than the sum of it's part so I can see an individual season not winning especially as it was overshadowed by The Sopranos throughout it’s run which was a show that constantly delivered strong moments which makes it perfect for Emmy type of awards even though it lacks The Wire’s sense of completion from watching the entire run, Community was wildly mixed with a few episodes being dog turd so that’s understandable etc.

No one is saying awards can't be erroneous (I mean Till was robbed and no RRR for best foreign film it's outrageous) or are the only form of validation but don’t be a sore loser by declaring a conspiracy because of the few things you do watch didn’t win especially as you seem mostly ignorant of non-cartoons/superheroes stuff so it's not outside the possibilities that maybe some of those non-cartoons/superhero movies are actually really good.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

EaglyTheKawaiiShika

@jump pleasant as always

I find it funny you think I am ignorant about media when you said that despite not watching avatar 2 and Top gun 2 they don’t deserve oscar nominations simply because they are parts of a franchise. You are incredibly biased like every other human on this rock. I’m not peddling conspiracies I know that the academy of any media is made up of the makers of that media who are biased and will pick films similar the ones they produced int thier hay day it’s happenf many times

P.S stop twisting my words go back to my comment I never said PIB 2 deserves to win I just said it deserves to get nominated.

EaglyTheKawaiiShika

@HotGoomba Thats just how it goes all that matters is your personal enjoyment not some stupid awards given by elitists

jump

@EaglyTheKawaiiShik I never said I was unbiased as I 100% think I've got better taste than others! ;p I just don't get upset about whatever I like doesn't win awards and I'm open to watching both prestige and popcorn movies rather trying to call popcorn movies prestige.

Yep if we are nominating action blockbusters that aren't gonna win anyway to help the movie industry then I'd rather see original blockbusters get that nod than nostalgia sequels. Sue me.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

EaglyTheKawaiiShika

@jump how are you supposed to know if they are good or not if you haven’t seen them? You can’t say wether or not something deserves an Oscar if you haven’t seen it. Who care if the move is a sequel it’s hypocritical to accuse other people of bias when you haven’t given 2 movies a chance because of thier ties to something else

jump

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika I never said I refused to watch them or hated on them. I just can't be arsed to go to the cinema to see them so I will watch them at home when they're eventually out.

If we are talking about nominating action movies as an empty token gesture anyway then yeah I’d like to see original risk taking movies be rewarded over movies sequels that don’t need that kind of promotion. If an action movie can get a nod on it’s own artistic merit than that’s even better. I'm not sure what you don't understand.

Nicolai wrote:

Rambler

"I just don't get Japanese theatre"
"What part of Noh don't you understand?"

Rambler

Rambler

Till looks very interesting. Doubt it will generate much commentary around these parts.

Rambler

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic