Forums

Topic: Movie thread.

Posts 5,141 to 5,160 of 5,369

HotGoomba

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika Well they chose Spider-Verse so they must have some taste.

Then again Pinocchio is kick-ass, Turning Red is pretty good in my opinion, and the other movies look quality, so I'd understand Puss not winning.

The link on my profile got even worse.

Don't click on it.

Or you can, at your own risk.

EaglyTheKawaiiShika

@HotGoomba well I meant as best picture. Puss 2 and spiderverse at least deserve to to get nominated for best picture. And I won’t be mad if Puss looses best animated feature to pinnoicio it was also amazing

Top Games, Xenoblade 1 2 3, Noir a tomato/replicats, Mario galaxy 1 2, MGS5, Stardew valley, Hollow knight, Yakuza Like a dragon, GOW 2018, Doom 2016, Dragon quest 11, Bug fables, FE3H
Holy S##t guys Puss in boots 2 is great
https://youtu.be/bEoNNYyVNxc - Puss in boots 2 preview

HotGoomba

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika Yeah it's been pretty insulting seeing animated features not being nominated for best picture.

Don't click on it.

SlashFuture

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika @HotGoomba One day they shall be a main picture nomination! One day...
Untitled

Background Character in my Own Story.

Platforms:
Nintendo Switch, PC

I may post sporadically, but I'll try to reply as soon as I can!

EaglyTheKawaiiShika

@SlashFuture @HotGoomba the academy has always been full of stuck up biased suits. You can list shows ans movies that just get snubbed for no reason. For instance better call saul. It’s just sad that pride stops some shows from getting the recognition they deserve. I shouldn’t care about stuff winning awards because they really don’t mean much but I still find myself caring anyways

Top Games, Xenoblade 1 2 3, Noir a tomato/replicats, Mario galaxy 1 2, MGS5, Stardew valley, Hollow knight, Yakuza Like a dragon, GOW 2018, Doom 2016, Dragon quest 11, Bug fables, FE3H

SlashFuture

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika Being a Star Wars fan, I've sadly been used to the snub for years ..

Platforms:
Nintendo Switch, PC

jump

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika Better Call Saul shouldn't win an Oscar since it's a tv show and Oscars are for movies. It has won multiple Emmys which if the high bar of telly awards.

Bias works both ways, it's all well and good complaining they are neglecting low rent cartoons and superhero movies through snobbery when you're skipping nuanced and thought provoking dramas and thrillers. Women Talking, Tar and The Banshees of Inisherin are all great films deserving of praise and considering Everything Everywhere the movie genre geek film of choice this year has been backed hard and nominating Top Gun and Avatar they have made concessions for the lowest common denominator.

There’s nothing wrong with only liking cartoons and superheroes films but it gets so boring listening to people pretend that is all and the best of cinema.

@SlashFuture Star Wars has won a Best Movie Oscar though.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Rambler

There’s nothing wrong with only liking cartoons and superheroes films but it gets so boring listening to people pretend that is all and the best of cinema.

Especially when there are threads dedicated to the topics, but it permeates everything. Hey-ho

Rambler

EaglyTheKawaiiShika

@jump better call saul hasn’t won a single emmy. I just used it as an example of how the academy can be biased

@SlashFuture wrong thread but clone wars season 7 deserved all the emmys for the siege of mandalore

Solaine

I really liked Triangle of Sadness and Banshees of Inisherin. Hope they are gonna win some stuff

"on a scale of 1 to 10, she's an 11, and she'd give herself a 12" ~The Burst, Furi

EaglyTheKawaiiShika

@jump still not great that the show only won 2 emmys for its marketing material the actual show still doesn’t have one.

SlashFuture

@jump Ah my apologies, I didn't mean that it wasn't nominated, just that it hasn't won a Best Picture at the Oscars/Emmys(I'm having trouble differentiating the two right now...) ... Although it did win a Saturn, so that's something!
@EaglyTheKawaiiShika YES, thank you! The Siege of Mandalore is a piece of art! Glad someone else recognizes that!

Platforms:
Nintendo Switch, PC

gcunit

jump wrote:

Star Wars has won a Best Movie Oscar though.

Untitled

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Kermit1

@gcunit @Jump

"Woody Allen's Annie Hall won the Oscar for Best Picture, beating out George Lucas' Star Wars."

Currently Playing: Spider-Man Remastered (PC)

Known to be quirky on occasion

VoidofLight

I don't even really get why people act like the Oscars matter. Award shows are always biased, and I don't get the value in them when the only opinion that truly matters is your own for the most part.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

SlashFuture

@VoidofLight Yeah, I never watch each year... The only reason I found out about last year was because of the Will Smith slap...

Platforms:
Nintendo Switch, PC

HotGoomba

@VoidofLight Because they look cool on a windshield.

Don't click on it.

Kermit1

@HotGoomba front or back

Currently Playing: Spider-Man Remastered (PC)

Known to be quirky on occasion

HotGoomba

@Kermit1 yes

Don't click on it.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic