Forums

Topic: Movie thread.

Posts 4,781 to 4,800 of 6,555

Sunsy

@Kermit1 This genuinely looks like something I'd watch too.

Always find it jarring when they put the modern logo into classic movies. That Viacom/CBS subtitle. Like, Disney put their updated castle logo after Pinocchio 1940, or before Beauty and the Beast.

Also, lol, the Holiday Season annotation showed It's A Wonderful Life, I just mentioned it too.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Kermit1doesmath

@Sunsy It's definitely a cult classic type of movie, I actually found out about it when scrolling through IMDB.

I also highly recommend It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World (if you haven't seen it already), you'll probably need to rent it off YouTube to watch it, but it's worth it. I honestly don't want to spoil it if you haven't seen it, every minute of it is amazing. I went into it somewhat blind and came out loving it. Here's a clip to get you interested (if it will play in your country, MovieClips can be picky sometimes).

dysgraphia awareness human

Sunsy

@Kermit1 This movie definitely seems familiar, I remember my parents were watching it when I was a kid on cable. My memory is fuzzy on it, but I remember it being about a race. The 2001 movie Rat Race comes to mind too, since the premise was similar.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

gcunit

I'd been thinking about watching The Departed again recently, don't know why, but I find it on Netflix tonight and got to it. Bit bummed out now though cos I thought I remembered roughly how it ended, but it turns out I didn't and I don't like it as much as I thought I did as a result.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Rambler

@gcunit I humbly suggest the Infernal Affairs films to make you feel better

Rambler

HotGoomba

Oh wow. So Puss in Boots The Last Wish WAS incredible.

Might be my favorite DreamWorks movie ever and favorite movie of 2022.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy there.

HotGoomba

@Kermit1 Grrr I'm so mad I'm so disappointed in you

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy there.

jedgamesguy

Avatar: The Way of Water just crossed $2B at the box office and I honestly had little doubt it'll do it. Definitely crawling across the line though, compared to the steamroller that was Endgame. I loved Avatar tho, thought it was well worth the wait and was a breathtaking spectacle from start to finish, 3h12m and all.

Considering how damn long we've been waiting I'm very glad this movie is doing well.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Kermit1doesmath

@SlashFuture So here's how to do the bold text and the italic text.

put _ at the beginning and end of a word or sentence for italic text, just do the same for bold text but with * at the beginning and end for bold text.

dysgraphia awareness human

Gryffin

I read Bullet Train, the book on which the film is based. I've been doing that lately, reading books after their movie adaptations. Reading books has become difficult in this day and age. If you're having trouble yourself, I suggest reading books of film adaptations that you like. It's a good way to get back into reading because you can picture the whole thing easily, and you already know what's going to happen, more or less. At the same time, you're excited to see the differences. This was exactly my experience with Bullet Train. It's a good book, very similar to the movie, but with plenty of differences and details. If you like the movie, read the book. Here are a few others to read if you like their adaptations:
Shutter Island
101 Dalmatians
The Prestige
The Light Between Oceans
The Lord of the Rings

Gryffin

Sunsy

Since mom and I forgot to watch it when it was Christmas, we watched It's A Wonderful Life on Plex DVD. The classic movie that's shown every Christmas, what more is there to say.

Oh there is more, looking at you Plex. The streaming service that had It's A Wonderful Life, they replaced the entire soundtrack. After listening to the weird opening music dubbed in, I learned a valuable lesson... sometimes it's worth the extra effort to go grab the DVD copy off the shelf. It was really weird. Picture wasn't HD, but the music was right.

The oddest part, I can't find much online about this change or an explaination of it. Searching for the soundtrack returns the actual soundtrack.

jump

I dunno, Everything Everywhere getting loads and LOADS of nominations is a good sign as it's the type of geek genre flick people normally moan should be recognized by the Oscars.

Cate Blanchett and Michelle Yeoh is a tough call, maybe for just this year they can share it?

RRR not getting a nod in best international film is an OUTRAGE!!! I'm surprised The Fallout, The Menu, Athena and Northman didn't get a shout somewhere but hey ho. I would have given Boiling Point and Brian & Charle a nomination too but they are too lowkey British for Hollywood.

I'm kinda relieved The Batman didn't get any real nominations, whilst I did enjoyed it the movie is meant to be a cerebral thriller but fails at being cerebral and fitting it's own narrative so it shouldn’t be taken seriously.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic