Forums

Topic: Movie thread.

Posts 4,761 to 4,780 of 6,552

Gryffin

Finished a new episode of my little podcast. This one is about The Menu.

Gryffin

XandertheWise

watching the Steamboy anime movie on Tubi along with the Pauly Shore Guest House movie thats on Netflix

XandertheWise

Kermit1doesmath

@SlashFuture I think you might be on to something with the third movie being about the Ballerina case. I think his next case will have members from that case being involved in a new case and we then get flashbacks to that old one and how something, in that case, affects this case.

Rian Johnson I just wrote your movie, feel free to call me anytime.

dysgraphia awareness human

Kermit1doesmath

@SlashFuture Isn't John Wick getting a ballerina spin-off series? Maybe it won't be Ballerina focused then depending on when those two come out.

Kermit1doesmath

@SlashFuture yea, though if we are to think out of the box for a second, maybe it's set on a road trip of some kind and slowly the members of the road trip get killed off, sounds cliche but I think Rian Johnson could put an interesting twist on that idea.

But we really won't know until we see it lol

Edited on by Kermit1doesmath

Kermit1doesmath

@SlashFuture They made three Kissing Booth movies and those were (I'm very sorry) awful. So who knows what Netflix will cancel next?

Kermit1doesmath

@SlashFuture I liked The Adam Project too, it felt small, which is nice. I think this year Netflix is gonna have more good movies and might even slow down canceling things.

Damsel with Millie Bobbie Brown looks great, I'm interested in Luthur, Murder Mystery 2 looks like fun, and MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS: ONCE & AlWAYS LOOKS AMAZING!!!

Now when it comes to TV, idk the only thing I know coming out is season 2 of Wednesday, that show was mediocre imo. I'm still gonna watch season 2 just to see how weird it gets.

Kermit1doesmath

@SlashFuture I heard someone say Rebel Moon was like Sucker Punch but in space. I'm kinda interested now tbh.

Dune Part 2 is out this year apparently. So is a Gran Turismo movie. This is gonna be a year for the books.

Kermit1doesmath

@SlashFuture I just remembered Wes Anderson has two movies out this year and one of them is gonna be on Netflix! The Netflix one is based on a Roald Dahl short story (I forgot the name) and the other (which will be in theaters) is called Asteroid City (the cast in it is huge). Also, Wonka comes out this year, it's probably my most hyped thing mainly because it's the same team as Paddington 2 working on it and I adore that movie.

Here's the "trailer" for the Gran Turismo movie. Looks like it has potential.

Edited on by Kermit1doesmath

Kermit1doesmath

@SlashFuture The last time I put this much faith into a movie we got The Lego Movie. I think Tim will do a good job and it looks like they're going more for a Gene Wilder style than a Depp one.

Kermit1doesmath

@SlashFuture yep. It's a big cast, check out Asteroid City's cast for even more of a stacked cast lol.

Sunsy

Violent Night appeared on Peacock, so mom and I watched, therefore it was Christmas again for one night. At first my mom thought it was going to be dumb because of the name, as we watched, it ended up being a rather entertaining action flick, action-packed and somehow still captured the magic of Christmas at times. My favorite part was the scene where the girl had Home Alone-like traps set up. Reminded me of Die Hard.

May be Christmas again over the weekend, we both realized we didn't watch It's A Wonderful Life, so classic movie over the weekend! Haven't watched Christmas movies in some time, might as well watch this since we didn't get a chance to.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Sunsy

@Kermit1 I've heard of it, surprisingly I never seen it.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Kermit1doesmath

@Sunsy I got it on DVD for Christmas and I haven't had the chance to pop it in yet but from all the clips I've seen it's a fun spin on a Christmas Carol.

I'd recommend putting it on a list or wait until Netflix has it.

Sunsy

@Kermit1 Awesome will make note of it then. Even if it's not Christmastime and it happens to appear on one of the streaming services I use. I did first see Illumination's Grinch in the spring when it wasn't Christmas, so I wouldn't rule it out. I heard it's a take on A Christmas Carol.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic