Forums

Topic: Movie thread.

Posts 4,721 to 4,740 of 6,568

Kermit1doesmath

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika just imagine being alone (as a 5yo) you click on a movie with a cute-ish alien, and your mother has given you an app with all these movies and told you to stay in the kid's section. You are still in the kid's section and being a good child watching Boss Baby and Baby Shark, you then see E.T. and since it's in the kid's section it must be kid friendly so you watch it alone in an upstairs room. At first, it's fun and somewhat light-hearted, then the friendly alien almost dies and the main character gets tested on by the government.

ET is kinda messed up lol

dysgraphia awareness human

HotGoomba

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika The Boss Baby franchise is the most painful thing DreamWorks may have ever given us. It makes Trolls look like Bluey and Shark Tale look like Shrek.

Also don't give Disney credit for Bluey, they simply distributed it to the United States and maybe a few other countries. Great show for kids though and rather enjoyable.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy there.

Snatcher

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika Oooooooooh that’s hype! Oh yeah Klaus is a Christmas classic for me now, it’s amazing.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Gryffin

Since 2020, I've been keeping a list of the Top 10 movies I watched for the first time that year. Here's my list for 2022. https://boxd.it/izkcu

1. The Virgin Spring
2. Häxan
3. The Umbrellas of Cherbourg
4. Katla (Netflix Miniseries)
5. Tetsuo: The Iron Man
6. Shadows (1958, John Cassavetes)
7. Passing
8. Mad God
9. Maya and the Three (Netflix Miniseries)
10. All About Evil

I'd love to see your lists!

Edited on by Gryffin

Gryffin

Rambler

@Gryffin
I can't think of two films that are such polar opposites as Tetsuo and The Umbrellas of Cherbourg!'

Shadows - the Casavettes' film? Which version did you watch?

Haxan is one of the greatest films ever made, even more astonishing for when it was made.

Maya and the Three is a TV series? Thought it was a typo of the silent B&W film Maya The Bee, which is just brilliant.

'(Second - or third? - best Catherine Deneuve film; Repulsion is, of course, the best)

Edited on by Rambler

Rambler

Gryffin

@Rambler
Lol it's true about Tetsuo and Umbrellas. It just speaks to my cinephile superiority!
Yeah it's the Cassavete's one from 1958. Is there another version?
Do you like cartoons? Then I'd recommend Maya.
What's on your list?

Gryffin

Kermit1doesmath

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika Also Henry Cavill is in Stardust and he fights Charlie Cox. Daredevil vs Superman, you never knew you wanted it but it happened.

Kermit1doesmath

@SlashFuture Michelle Pfeiffer is the villain and she rides a chariot driven by goats. Greatest movie ever.

Kermit1doesmath

@SlashFuture while you're at it watch MirrorMask it was made by the same minds as Stardust but it's more "edgy".

Rambler

@Gryffin
He did an earlier version which has an even more free improv vibe (to use an appropriate jazz analogy), then reshot scenes and tightened up the editing. I've only seen the version you have.

I had the year from hell last year (although still managed to get to Switzerland), and I have no idea what I watched, but I know it was very little.

Rambler

RR529

EaglyTheKawaiiShika wrote:

I pre ordered Puss in boots 2 on DVD such a great movie that needs to be watched at as high of a resolution as possible without ads

Then why did you pre-order it on the lowest resolution medium available, lol (DVDs only output in SD).

I'm sure it's a fun movie, but if you wanted it in lossless HD, you should have ordered the Blu-Ray (HD), or the UHD Blu-Ray (4K) if it's getting one.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Gryffin

@Rambler ah yes! I read that too but completely forgot. There are notable differences in the reshoot, like Ben Caruthers doesn't paint his face.

Gryffin

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic