Forums

Topic: Movie thread.

Posts 3,921 to 3,940 of 6,549

Okami1

Today I was staring at a wall and for some reason remembered Harry Styles is in the MCU...

@Maxenmus the irony lol

dysgraphia awareness human

Rambler

jump wrote:

The first time I saw the trailer for The Woman King I wanted to see it, but now on the second time I saw it the use of contemporary music puts me off. I always find it odd when new music is in a film that is set in ye old times like that jarring Kirsten Dunst Marie Antoinette flick.

I looked the film up as it seems to star Viola Davis, and it seems be set in the same time and place as The Viceroy of Ouidah by Bruce Chatwin, which is a great read

Rambler

Okami1

@Rambler Is that Black Panther 2.............

Fizza

Well, I finally caved in and made a Letterboxd account for those interested in my opinions on movies! Hopefully I don't aggravate people too much! 😅

https://letterboxd.com/fizza04/

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Okami1

@Fizza You have nothing on your front page therefore you hate movies lol. (I think that's how the joke goes lol)

Fizza

@Kermit1 I'M WORKING ON IT, DON'T WORRY.
Untitled

Okami1

@Fizza I created a Letterboxd too... I will share it soon...

jump

@Kermit1 You remind me of the time I was once eating at a Mexican restaurant and the waiter took my food to a different white person who looks nothing like me, however I then realised it wasn’t my waiter.

@Rambler yeah it’s cool Viola Davis is getting a blockbuster movie but rather annoyingly it’s been delayed in the UK now because of the Queen, she ruins everything. As it’s coming out in Oct now it will be at the same time as the cinema gets stuffed we horror movies including Smile which had a trailer that made the audience I was in freak out so I may end up seeing that instead.

I’ve added The Viceroy of Ouidah to my to read list. I’ve just started reading The Toyminator though which is a sequel to The Hollow Chocolate Bunnies Of The Apocalypse however I’ve seen to have forgotten everything about it so I’m reading it again before moving onto the sequel.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Fizza

jump wrote:

You remind me of the time I was once eating at a Mexican restaurant and the waiter took my food to a different white person who looks nothing like me, however I then realised it wasn’t my waiter.

This has no reason to be as funny as it is, why am I laughing.

Okami1

@Fizza I don't get it but I'm laughing too

Rambler

@jump
Ooh that Smile film has music done by the guy who did the soundtrack for Utopia!

That's so annoying about it being shifted around due to Queenie.
I was gonna start a rumour that all lighthouses were going to dim their lights in sympathy, but never got round to it.

All Chatwin's stuff is short, varied and good to read. His life seems to be some sort of hilarious boys-own adventure, but with a tragic ending.

Rambler

Okami1

@Rambler it was you who started that rumour

Edited on by Okami1

jump

@Rambler I’m in two minds about Smile as it looks too predictable so I may get bored yet the trailer does look like a lot of good jump scares. I saw the trailer twice, once before Nope and the other was 3000 Years Of Solitude and both times it got the crowd screaming so now I really want to see it with a crowd for the energy.

Damn, I should have written an angry letter to the lighthouses to complain they were not at half wattage to respect the Queen. A few of those big cargo boats crashing means a lot of free washed goodies on the beach the next morning.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Okami1

@jump that would have been a big funeral on Monday.

Edited on by Okami1

Rambler

@Kermit1
Glad you've given Raiders five stars, as that is the correct rating!
Is that Babes In Toyland a remake?

Rambler

Okami1

@Rambler No I think this duck is the mother
Untitled

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic