Forums

Topic: Movie thread.

Posts 3,361 to 3,380 of 6,568

FroZtedFlake

@Kermit1 Wait how is turning red almost pg-13 lol, it wasn't my favorite movie but I didn't think it was bad at all

Games I'm playing right now:
Tears of the Kingdom - Switch

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4
Ace Attorney Trilogy - Switch

Rambler

@Kermit1 Wikipedia tells me that there is only one film called Teen Wolf

Rambler

Maxenmus

@FroZtedFlakerZz
Because having a period is a sensitive issue not suited for children, I guess. They need to be older to learn about their body, supposedly.

Kermit1 wrote:

I just realised I look a little like a young Jason Bateman...

More like Tobey Maguire. Look at that smile.

Edited on by Maxenmus

Maxenmus

Switch Friend Code: SW-7926-2339-9775 | 3DS Friend Code: 3539-9678-8621 | My Nintendo: Flare | Nintendo Network ID: OriusPrime

Kermit1doesmath

@FroZtedFlakerZz Well if we go by modern mainstream PG standards it pushes the rating with "mature themes and hints innuendo".

I watched BELLE that was PG and was very dark and mature.

dysgraphia awareness human

Rambler

@Kermit1 that's the recent TV series Apparently there was a series in the 80s as well.
(Re-reading my post, I never specified a film, as I didn't realise there was a TV version, never mind two of them!)

This is a film which is very dark and mature:
Untitled

Edited on by Rambler

Rambler

Maxenmus

TIL people doubted Andy Dufresne's innocence, that he did indeed kill his wife, thus rendering the whole point of Shawshank Redemption contradictory (an unfair justice system punishing innocent men).

All things aside, it wasn't that great of a movie anyway. I got bored and didn't cry like the thousands of other people who saw this film.

Edited on by Maxenmus

Maxenmus

Switch Friend Code: SW-7926-2339-9775 | 3DS Friend Code: 3539-9678-8621 | My Nintendo: Flare | Nintendo Network ID: OriusPrime

Maxenmus

@Kermit1
True, but I don't seem to cry at a lot of films people do. I mean, I still cry at films, but quite a few popular ones and anime even just don't faze me.

Except Coco though, because screw that ending that made me bawl. lol

Maxenmus

jump

@Rambler you don’t mean mature, you mean saucy! If you really want a mature film try The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel!

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Kermit1doesmath

@Maxenmus I don't cry at any film or game. Though if a good Muppet film comes out... I will shed tears.

Kermit1doesmath

@jump do you mean raunchy. Though saucy does sounds better.

jump

@Kermit1 saucy is a British term meaning xxx. Like The Carry On films are saucy rather than mature films like The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel where the cast is so old you have to Google to see if they are still alive or not.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Kermit1doesmath

@jump... Oh, I'm Canadian we don't have fancy words we just borrow ones.

Rambler

@jump I now have a really wrong image of the best marigold hotel film.

Rambler

Gryffin

I've been on a streaming subscription spree recently. Got Shudder and Peacock Premium for a month.

My ★★★★ review of Prisoners of the Ghostland on Letterboxd https://boxd.it/388nkb

I didn't write reviews for them, but I also watched the following:
Prey
All About Evil
The Northman
Mad God
The Alien Quadrillogy
The Resident Evil Netflix series

Gryffin

Kermit1doesmath

I watched Hairspray.................. I feel odd saying this but I liked it. I'm someone who cringes at "most musicals" but this one was pretty good and I thought John Travolta was oddly cast as the Mom but then I watched the movie and it made a little more sense why he was cast (his singing was 10/10).

Rambler

@Kermit1
They should turn more John Waters films into musicals

Rambler

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic