Forums

Topic: Movie thread.

Posts 3,281 to 3,300 of 6,557

HotGoomba

@Kermit1 No, but seems like an interesting video about weighing up Panasonic's boomboxes.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy there.

Kermit1doesmath

@HotGoomba it seems a lot of people are getting that glitch lately. try logging in and out. It worked for me.

dysgraphia awareness human

Sunsy

@Kermit1 While I never watched it, I can't believe I forgot about Dick Tracy. Also I'm surprised I haven't heard of many of these. Though, while Disney may own Indiana Jones, I think Paramount did the movies IIRC.

@HotGoomba Looking forward to it too. I'm glad this is happening, because now I can experience Kung Fu Panda on the big screen. I saw the first three within the past year and loved them all.

Maxenmus wrote:

On the subject of unpopular films that you like, what are everyone's favorites?

UglyDolls. Most on the Internet consider it to be a terrible movie, I watched the trailer and thought, this looks like my kind of movie. Rented it one day and enjoyed it. It kind of reminded me of Trolls and Toy Story. The Trolls aspect being a world that feels inspired by crafts, which is Uglyville. The Toy Story aspect being these are toys that come to life when no one is looking, and the big part of the story is how Moxy, the main doll, wants to be loved by a kid. It hits home a bit with someone who loves plushies.

Another one, I actually enjoyed Spirit Untamed. A lot of DreamWorks fans hate this one because it's nothing like the original Spirit movie. I loved it because I like friendship stories and it looked like one, also the adventure Lucky and her friends went on to save the horses. Really liked that a lot. It's suppose to be a reimagining of Spirit Riding Free, a cartoon on Netflix, that's what I got from watching it and an episode of the show.

@Anti-Matter Firstly, that head scene. Woah @Kermit1 was not kidding.

Secondly, I hope so. Given that DreamWorks has licensed How To Train Your Dragon and Spirit to OG Games, I hope they do more with DreamWorks, including a new Kung Fu Panda. As I've said plenty of times, I would love a Trolls game especially after losing the mobile game Trolls Pop, so you're not the only one who wants OG to put the DreamWorks licenses to use.

Also, small but worth noting, Po from Kung Fu Panda is in the F2P fighting game Brawlhalla. Actually, I have him for the game.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Kermit1doesmath

@Sunsy I threw Temple o' Doom in there as a joke lol. I don't think Something Wicked This Way Comes will probably never be on Disney+ it is a legit PG horror film and one scene a kid sees (I think his friends) "decapitated head" but I think it was only a dream... But still, plus the villain is the devil (kinda).

I really want Dick Tracy and The Straight Story (The Straight Story is the best live action Disney film ever and the most boring in the best way, it was made that way) on Disney+.

Edited on by Kermit1doesmath

jedgamesguy

I watched Arrietty this afternoon. Very nice, simple, small-scale Studio Ghibli. It was over surprisingly quickly, and in some areas felt underdeveloped. Still though, really liked the whole feel of the movie; it was a relaxing comfort-watch. The soundtrack is easily the highlight; Cécile Corbel did such an amazing job, as a harpist of course she was gonna use the harp but her voice is really soothing too. The acoustics in this soundtrack are superb.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Mioaionios

@TheJGG
I really like Arrietty but I always felt it ends very abrubtly.
Like you said though, the soundtrack is gorgeous!

Mioaionios

Maxenmus

TIL that people think Paramount Studios is now the least successful mainstream movie studios among other studios, even freaking Warner Brothers (with their two recent movie production disasters that might cost them billions).

Edited on by Maxenmus

Maxenmus

Switch Friend Code: SW-7926-2339-9775 | 3DS Friend Code: 3539-9678-8621 | My Nintendo: Flare | Nintendo Network ID: OriusPrime

Rambler

@Kermit1 if you like the straight story I would highly recommend the director's other films

Rambler

Maxenmus

Random thought after watching a YouTube video mentioning Steven Seagal: my late father and I never really got along, and I was remembering how he always worshipped Seagal and his horribly generic movies (since my father's a martial arts instructor himself) to the point where he even tried to have a similar ponytail at one point, which is so appropriate, considering how Seagal's just as much of an egoistical and horrible person as my father.

Edited on by Maxenmus

Maxenmus

Switch Friend Code: SW-7926-2339-9775 | 3DS Friend Code: 3539-9678-8621 | My Nintendo: Flare | Nintendo Network ID: OriusPrime

Anti-Matter

@Maxenmus
Speaking about Paramount Studios, I have ever watched Dora the Explorer movie in 2019 and it was so embarrassing and cringey movie to see Dora as teenager still behave like naive kid.
And I couldn't forget that embarrassing toilet song sung by Dora when she was trying to make natural toilet in the forest for her friend. I felt really embarrassing to watch that silly moment.

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@Maxenmus
I prefer the cartoon version of Dora the explorer on Nickelodeon despite it still a little bit cringey to watch than other kids series on Nickelodeon.

Anti-Matter

Mioaionios

I enjoyed the live action Dora movie and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Mioaionios

Maxenmus

@Anti-Matter
Yeah, it's very cringey, ngl. Almost just as cringey as Blue's Clues.

"Where's the clue? Where's the clue? I'm blind as a bat."

Maxenmus

HotGoomba

I enjoyed the second Angry Birds movie. That might be the most unpopular movie I like. Maybe.

Edit: No, it's Barnyard.

Edited on by HotGoomba

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy there.

Sunsy

@Kermit1 Honestly, I'm surprised they're not on Disney+, especially since I've found obscure stuff on there too. Adventures in Wonderland... an old Disney Channel show based off Alice In Wonderland, found it all because I watched the new Alice's Wonderland Bakery and it showed up. My mom even found Mickey Mouse Club from when she was a kid on it.

@Mioaionios Second that, that live action Dora the Explorer movie was the kind of Indiana Jones stuff I would have never expected from that series.

@HotGoomba Angry Birds 2 is just a fun mission movie. I saw the second before the first movie, and I still enjoyed the second movie more than the first.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Rambler

@Kermit1 ah you're missing out. I've seem all his films (a few at the cinema) and most of his shorts. Good stuff with very arresting imagery and sound design.
Give the Elephant Man a whirl. It's closer to the Straight Story than his others, and is still an immense achievement.

Rambler

Kermit1doesmath

@Rambler when I watch Big Fish i'll do a double feature with that one. maybe.

Sunsy

Lighthearted movie tonight, Strawberry Shortcake: The Sky's The Limit, as silly as it sounds. Really surprised Peacock had this one, I use to put on DVDs of this series (specifically Berry Bitty Adventures, which I'm happy Peacock has too) from time to time, so it's a bit of a comfort series for me, but don't think I ever seen this movie. Enjoyed it, it was fun seeing Strawberry and friends again. Did get annoyed at the caterpillar who led them on a dangerous adventure that didn't help them in the end. It was Blueberry Muffin's idea that saved everyone's home. Still enjoyed the movie.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic