Forums

Topic: Movie thread.

Posts 3,221 to 3,240 of 6,557

Sunsy

@Kermit1 Wow, mom and I watched the Black Hole recently. Mom always touted it as one of the darkest Disney movies ever. That scene with the flames towards the end, she was not kidding.

@Maxenmus Indeed, the in-depth storytelling was something I didn't appreciate much until playing Higurashi, all the descriptions and everything it went in-depth on. I thought the text was originally just for dialogue. BTW, nice to see someone else who played Higurashi. Still on Chapter 6, but glad I'm not the only one.

I think I've only seen Cars 3 once, in theaters. I remember waiting to buy it on DVD, and I just forgot all about it. Which I should do, I have the first two on DVD.

@Gryffin Tron Legacy is still a movie I need to see. I remember seeing the first Tron in 2003, the then new game Tron 2.0 got me curious. I have the game too, got it from GOG a few years back (funnily enough it was why I wanted a gaming PC back then, and when I got a PC, I didn't get a chance to buy it). I did love the first movie, the idea of a world inside a computer was too cool.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Maxenmus

Honestly, with the Batgirl and Flash movie fiasco, WB's business plan has been a mess for the past few years. How the mighty fall. Guess DC movies are about to meet their demise.

Maxenmus

Switch Friend Code: SW-7926-2339-9775 | 3DS Friend Code: 3539-9678-8621 | My Nintendo: Flare | Nintendo Network ID: OriusPrime

Kermit1doesmath

@Sunsy Yea Disney was once awesome at dark films for kids... I know a few other Disney films from that era that are darker (a lot darker).

dysgraphia awareness human

Maxenmus

@Kermit1
And it led to their near-bankruptcy because their films were deemed too dark for children (especially The Black Cauldron). But the Renaissance Era turned everything around though with balanced stories of light and dark.

Maxenmus

Switch Friend Code: SW-7926-2339-9775 | 3DS Friend Code: 3539-9678-8621 | My Nintendo: Flare | Nintendo Network ID: OriusPrime

Kermit1doesmath

@Maxenmus ya that one film they did where the kid sees his friend's "head not on body", the film was PG. I can see where it would be too dark for children.

I forgot the name of the film. but the villain in the film is the most evil Disney villain ever.

Edited on by Kermit1doesmath

blindsquirrel

@HotGoomba
I mean for future DC movies. They could just introduce him in a post credit scene or just do what marvel did with Bruce banner.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

blindsquirrel

@Kermit1
I really just want Gustin because he is who I associate the flash with. But it probably won’t happen.

blindsquirrel

@HotGoomba
It’s good, I do that more than I would like to admit.

Kermit1doesmath

idk if anyone cares but there is a William Joel concert film coming to theatres this October for 3 days.

One of my bucket list things is to go to one of his concerts and this might be the only way I might be able to see one. Ya it's an old one but they did some wonders to the footage and sound and it looks great.

RR529

Watched Piranha (1978) this morning.

Biologically enhanced Piranhas are accidentally let loose from an abandoned military facility and threaten a big lakeside celebration as they work their way downstream.

It's definitely a bit cheesy in spots due to age, but still a pretty fun & effective disaster/horror film overall. Currently free on FreeVee.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Kermit1doesmath

@RR529 is that the one where Betty White is the villain. I've never seen whatever film that was I just know it exists.

RR529

@Kermit1, no, it doesn't have Betty White in it. The closest thing to a villain (in terms of people) is the military (post-Vietnam film & all).

There are two reboot's though. One in the 90's & one in the early 2010's, so she may be in one of those. Both are on FreeVee as well.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Maxenmus

@Kermit1
Piranha 3-D and its sequel (Piranha 3-DD...) made me lose faith in humanity. lol

Maxenmus

Kermit1doesmath

@Maxenmus those movie movies make me actually ill. I've never seen one just videos about them. Whenever a bad movie comes out I question cinema as a whole, but then I realize those people are making bad movies for the heck of making bad movies. Then really bad movies make me second guess life, my inspirations and future.

RR529

@Kermit1, @Maxenmus, For some reason I was thinking that Piranha 3D & 3DD were the same movie (with the latter being an extended cut of sorts). I had no idea one was an actual sequel.

In any case, yes, I believe P3D is a reboot of this 70's film, and it's actually P3DD that FreeVee has, not P3D. So FreeVee has Pirhana (1978), Piranha (1995), & Piranha 3DD, but not Piranha 3D.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Maxenmus

@RR529
Seems like a poor choice between the two since Piranha 3D at least tried to pretend like it has a real plot (instead of just cashing all in on the craziness like the sequel).

"The thing about street fights? The street always wins."

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why the Fast and Furious series is the Top Gun of our generation in terms of machismo cheese.

Edited on by Maxenmus

Maxenmus

Sunsy

Just some animated movie news, Kung Fu Panda 4 officially confirmed...

@Kermit1 Name some, I'm kind of curious on which Disney movies were dark. I noticed @Maxenmus mentioned The Black Cauldron, and that always looked on the dark side whenever I saw it on Disney+.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic