Rambler

Kermit1

@Rambler=filter/812/K_d3s_tr0y/end=829103982

Edited on by Kermit1

Currently playing: Xenoblade Chronicles 3

DA-2802-3315-4367

#TeamSlime

MarioLover92

@Tremblucay Me too! Thought I'd mention you since you've got a Luca profile pic. I do want to watch Kiki's Delivery Service as well, I heard that one's fantastic.

Nintendo Life's self-proclaimed #1 Mario fan!

SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioFan92 | Twitter:

FroZtedFlakerZz

@Tremblucay I'm going to see it in a few hours with some friends, good to know that it won't let us down. Loved Ragnarok, that's probably in my top 5 mcu movies.

Games I'm playing right now:
Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - Switch
Majora's Mask 3D - 3DS

Sunsy

Well, I did it. My friend and I saw Trolls World Tour on the big screen. We're still in shock that this actually happened. For those not familiar, Trolls World Tour was the one movie that skipped theaters because of obvious reasons, and went straight to home. My friend and I thought this would never happen, and it did. We enjoyed it so much, we're going to try and see it again in August at a different theater. I was so happy, I even thanked the theater staff for showing it. To make the trip more special, I wore my favorite Trolls shirt with Poppy on it.

Going by my profile picture, you probably can guess this is one of my favorite movies. This movie really needed its theatrical release. I seen this movie a lot before and there were so many little details I never picked up on, for example, Poppy's finale outfit had tiny sparkles that really show on the big screen, but not so much on a TV. The felt-like scrapbook scenes, the craft-like world (you can see the weaves of troll hair making up the balloon basket, and flames, etc, it's really nice to look at), all looked fantastic. The music sounded great on the speakers. This experience made me love the movie even more.

As for the theater itself, really old fashion mom and pop theater. It's not even a part of any chain. The popcorn was fresh, whereas AMC usually just has popcorn sitting there as a grab and go kind of thing. The seats were old fashioned, they even had curtains above the screen. Really a nice theater. Also, my friend and I noticed they show a variety of movies, ranging from classics, to Ghibli, to older movies, to current ones (they were putting up the Thor poster as we were leaving).

So yeah, really fun movie trip today, and I feel like one of the few Trolls fans who got to experience Trolls World Tour on the big screen. Looking forward to seeing it again, and looking forward to Trolls 3 next year!

Gonna tag @TheJGG again. Thought you might like to know my experience with this one.

@MarioLover92 I loved that ending because of that. It is bittersweet as he leaves his friend Alberto, but seeing the credits scene shows they kept in touch.

@Tremblucay Me too, did that twice today during Trolls World Tour. Cried at the Trolls Just Wanna Have Fun scene, not so much because it was sad or anything, I was just really happy to finally see this one on a big screen, and during the climax. Both happy tears though.

Tremblucay wrote:

If a movie manages to make me cry, it did something well.

I agree 100%!

Edited on by Sunsy

Sunsy

Kermit1

Nine Lives made me cry because how bad it was.

DA-2802-3315-4367

#TeamSlime

MarioLover92

@Sunsy Glad to hear your theater trip went great, and that you got to see Trolls World Tour on the big screen. Yeah, that's the beauty of re-watching any of your favorite movies, you'd start to notice other details you likely missed during your first viewings. That does sound like a nice theater! I wonder how they still show classic movies, they probably still have the original film reels, or the updated ones. Something like that, I guess.

Yeah me too! It's definitely nice that Luca and Alberto got to keep in touch during the credits. Gosh, I love Disney movies.

Nintendo Life's self-proclaimed #1 Mario fan!

SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioFan92 | Twitter:

Kermit1

@MarioLover92 I love Disney films, Like when we saw the depths of he// and abstract art in the same film

Edited on by Kermit1

DA-2802-3315-4367

#TeamSlime

HotGoomba

Kermit1 wrote:

Nine Lives made me cry because how bad it was.

Out of laughter or pain?

The link on my profile got even worse.

Don't click on it.

Or you can, at your own risk.

Kermit1

@HotGoomba pain like thousands of spears hitting me in the chest...

(I wanted to walk out of the movie soo bad but I didn't I suffered through it. because I was chicken Mcfly)

Edited on by Kermit1

DA-2802-3315-4367

#TeamSlime

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 Indeed, the whole day went better than expected. Thing is, in a theater, there was just more to Trolls World Tour that just couldn't be noticed easily on a TV at home, which made it even more fun to watch.

Don't know, but they have It's A Wonderful Life scheduled for December. Maybe they license it from the studio. Still cool either way. They're also showing Sing and Kiki's Delivery Service this summer.

Indeed!

Sunsy

TheJGG

@Sunsy That's fantastic, very glad to hear it went well, and more importantly, lived up to your expectations! It's no secret how much you love the Trolls films so... it could have been counter-intuitive being that excited. But that's great. The film definitely needed it, there's some parts that are much easily appreciated on a big screen, like, as you say, the scrapbook felt textures, the different sounds and types of music, et cetera. I'll admit Trolls isn't the first film I'd pick to see in cinemas specifically, but it works for you and that's what matters. Welcome back to theatres!

Apart from Trolls: World Tour what other films do you intend to see? Either in the cinema or at home via streaming.

Xenoblade Novel

Currently playing?
Gran Turismo 7 (PS5)
Nintendo Switch Sports
Animal Crossing: NH (NS)
Breath of the Wild (NS)
LEGO Star Wars (NS)

If you use my Friend Code, please tag me first. Thanks!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG | Twitter:

HotGoomba

Kermit1 wrote:

@HotGoomba pain like thousands of spears hitting me in the chest...

Ouch, sorry that you had to stuffer through something so awful.

(I wanted to walk out of the movie soo bad but I didn't I suffered through it. because I was chicken Mcfly)

YOU WATCHED IT IN THEATERS!?
I would've walked out, so I guess you really are Chicken McFly.

The link on my profile got even worse.

Don't click on it.

Or you can, at your own risk.

Kermit1

@HotGoomba I was also like 13 and my parents were gone for a week because my Dad was getting surgery... So it was me an Aunt and I think 2 cousins. My younger brother did not want to see the movie (thank goodness, and he's not a big an of animal movies).

So we walk into the theater (no snacks), give the man our tickets, walk to theater 7, as we walk in we are the only ones there and it stayed that way. Only 2 trailer and 3 Ads played, then it started, and before I knew it, the worst green screen I've ever seen is up on a huge screen right in my face. Fast forward 10mins and it's the most boring basic plot I've ever seen in my life, as the movie continued I felt tired my anxiety was hitting an all time high (the highest it's been was my one and only time at summer camp THAT YEAR) my mental state was not a happy one, One side of me wanted to walk out and walk all the way home, the other side told me don't do that and sit through the pain think about the people going through real pain. So I sat for the rest of the movie thinking about better stories and looking at the much unloved cinema ceiling.

I was 13 (I think) and a Chicken Kermit1, who's never walked out of a movie
Untitled
(the only movie I've ever turned off is the land of the lost will ferrall movie, once it got to the b00b mugs I said NOPE THIS SUCKS)

DA-2802-3315-4367

#TeamSlime

Kermit1

@HotGoomba THANK GOODNESS THIS AWFUL TERRIBLE FILM IS FREE ON YOUTUBE WHERE IS DESEVES TO BE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this video sums up everything my feelings for this movie (Loud Sound Warning)

Edited on by Kermit1

DA-2802-3315-4367

#TeamSlime

Link-Hero

Hey, it's Chris Stuckmann. Haven't seen any of his videos in quite a while.

Link-Hero

Switch Friend Code: SW-3097-0477-1999 | Nintendo Network ID: LinkHero25

Ralizah

Bah. Nine Lives was entertainingly stupid, and I fully believe it'll become a cult hit for future generations of bad film connoisseurs.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

Rambler

Watching Scanners for the first time in many many years.
Apart from the exploding head, which is awesome, it's not that great, is it?
Nowhere near as good as The Brood or the incredible Videodrome for early Cronenberg.

Plus the main guy looks like Rufus Wainwright.

Rambler

Kermit1

@Link-Hero He's now directing a movie. Pretty cool for him.

DA-2802-3315-4367

#TeamSlime

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic