Forums

Topic: Movie thread.

Posts 2,781 to 2,800 of 6,568

HotGoomba

Kermit1 wrote:

Nine Lives made me cry because how bad it was.

Out of laughter or pain?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy there.

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 Indeed, the whole day went better than expected. Thing is, in a theater, there was just more to Trolls World Tour that just couldn't be noticed easily on a TV at home, which made it even more fun to watch.

Don't know, but they have It's A Wonderful Life scheduled for December. Maybe they license it from the studio. Still cool either way. They're also showing Sing and Kiki's Delivery Service this summer.

Indeed!

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

jedgamesguy

@Sunsy That's fantastic, very glad to hear it went well, and more importantly, lived up to your expectations! It's no secret how much you love the Trolls films so... it could have been counter-intuitive being that excited. But that's great. The film definitely needed it, there's some parts that are much easily appreciated on a big screen, like, as you say, the scrapbook felt textures, the different sounds and types of music, et cetera. I'll admit Trolls isn't the first film I'd pick to see in cinemas specifically, but it works for you and that's what matters. Welcome back to theatres!

Apart from Trolls: World Tour what other films do you intend to see? Either in the cinema or at home via streaming.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

HotGoomba

Kermit1 wrote:

@HotGoomba pain like thousands of spears hitting me in the chest...

Ouch, sorry that you had to stuffer through something so awful.

(I wanted to walk out of the movie soo bad but I didn't I suffered through it. because I was chicken Mcfly)

YOU WATCHED IT IN THEATERS!?
I would've walked out, so I guess you really are Chicken McFly.

Kermit1doesmath

@HotGoomba I was also like 13 and my parents were gone for a week because my Dad was getting surgery... So it was me an Aunt and I think 2 cousins. My younger brother did not want to see the movie (thank goodness, and he's not a big an of animal movies).

So we walk into the theater (no snacks), give the man our tickets, walk to theater 7, as we walk in we are the only ones there and it stayed that way. Only 2 trailer and 3 Ads played, then it started, and before I knew it, the worst green screen I've ever seen is up on a huge screen right in my face. Fast forward 10mins and it's the most boring basic plot I've ever seen in my life, as the movie continued I felt tired my anxiety was hitting an all time high (the highest it's been was my one and only time at summer camp THAT YEAR) my mental state was not a happy one, One side of me wanted to walk out and walk all the way home, the other side told me don't do that and sit through the pain think about the people going through real pain. So I sat for the rest of the movie thinking about better stories and looking at the much unloved cinema ceiling.

I was 13 (I think) and a Chicken Kermit1, who's never walked out of a movie
Untitled
(the only movie I've ever turned off is the land of the lost will ferrall movie, once it got to the b00b mugs I said NOPE THIS SUCKS)

dysgraphia awareness human

Ralizah

Bah. Nine Lives was entertainingly stupid, and I fully believe it'll become a cult hit for future generations of bad film connoisseurs.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Rambler

Watching Scanners for the first time in many many years.
Apart from the exploding head, which is awesome, it's not that great, is it?
Nowhere near as good as The Brood or the incredible Videodrome for early Cronenberg.

Plus the main guy looks like Rufus Wainwright.

Rambler

Mioaionios

MarioLover92 wrote:

Me too! Thought I'd mention you since you've got a Luca profile pic. I do want to watch Kiki's Delivery Service as well, I heard that one's fantastic.

Luca has become my all-time favorite movie, so yeah...
Kiki's Delivery Service is beautiful and in my opinion Hayao Miyazaki's best. It tells a small story about a young witch trying to be independent. That's it, no big villains, no action,... just a young girl figuring out how to live her life and discover who she is.

@FroZtedFlakerZz
Please let us know what you thought of Thor: Love and Thunder. I'm always interested in hearing other's opinions.

@Sunsy
Oh absolutely, it's not only the sad moments that make me cry. Happy cries are even better.

@Kermit1
While I liked Soul, it didn't grab me as much as I would have wanted to. Probably has to do with the concept it presents. I don't believe in an afterlife and the concept that you're born with your personality is flat out wrong. Not a fan of the body swap trope either. It's my least favorite of Pete Docter's movies.

Mioaionios

Mioaionios

@Kermit1
Yup, he's very good at those. He's very good at world building in general. He puts a lot of effort and detail in showing how everything works. However weird his designs can get, they always feel real somehow.

Mioaionios

Kermit1doesmath

@Tremblucay I saw Spirited Away once... I liked The Secret Life Of Arrietty more... I really enjoy his style (mind you I've only seen 3 of his films) and the Cat's Return was cute and odd at the same time. BUT WHY IS THE ANDY RITCHER SUPER CUTE CAT THATS A GIRL IN JAPAN AND IT FITS BETTER!!!!!!

I think my brain broke when typing that lol

Edited on by Kermit1doesmath

dysgraphia awareness human

Mioaionios

@Kermit1
Sorry to say this, but out of the three films you mentioned only Spirited Away was directed by Hayao Miyazaki. They're all Studio Ghibli films, but that studio had numerous talents working on films.
Haven't seen The Cat Returns so can't comment on that one.

Mioaionios

HotGoomba

@Kermit1 I wouldn't even watch the movie if I was paid to.

Ok, maybe a few thousand dollars, but reluctantly.

Sunsy

@TheJGG Indeed, and it makes me happy. Not only being a Trolls fan, but also because it was the big one that skipped theaters years ago. Friend and I are going to try to go again to the next showing in August, just to experience it one more time, albeit in a different local theater.

Going to see Thor next, tagging along with a friend. Not sure what else I plan to see. I'm thinking about Top Gun Maverick, but may wait for streaming to watch with my mother. She loves Top Gun, but can't make it to a theater.

Also, my friend and I are going to keep the theater that showed Trolls World Tour in mind. They not only show current movies, but they show older and classic movies from time to time too. On their schedule includes Sing, Shrek, Kiki's Delivery Service, It's a Wonderful Life to name a few. First time to a mom and pop theater, and it was nice.

@Tremblucay Definitely, that's what I love about the Trolls World Tour climax yesterday.

Trolls World Tour spoilers... Especially when the Trolls realize that the music was not the strings, but was inside their hearts the whole time.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Mioaionios

Kermit1 wrote:

"Anime" directors confuse me, so many to keep track of lol

To be honest, I only know about a couple. There are very few anime films that I like, the genre has a tendency to be very over the top and that's usually not my cup of tea. Ghibli films are very mellow compared to most other anime and that's probably why I like them so much.

Sunsy wrote:

Especially when the Trolls realize that the music was not the strings, but was inside their hearts the whole time.

That's a vey beautiful sentiment.

Mioaionios

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic