Forums

Topic: Movie thread.

Posts 2,741 to 2,760 of 6,568

Mioaionios

@jump
I'm going to take that as a strange attempt at humor and not an insult.

Mioaionios

Rambler

@jump
That t-shirt is amazing. A Camden Market special if I ever saw one

Rambler

Rambler

@Bunkerneath
Have you seen My Wrongs? It's a Chris Morris short with Paddy Considine and a talking dog. Sounds a bit like The Voices in concept

Rambler

RR529

Watched Moonraker the other day.

The big space battle with the astronauts floating around blasting each other with their chest mounted lazer blasters was the most (unintentionally?) hilarious thing I've seen in quite some time. Other than that, I really didn't think it was that bad (really not all that out of line with the other Moore era Bond films). Granted, there was WAY too much "Jaws" for my liking (the more of them I see, the more I think he's my least favorite part of these Moore Bond movies, & he shows up sooo much here. The way the movie ends they should have just written him out after this).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Kermit1doesmath

Why does my Netflix have to break again with the same problem. WHY ARE YOU LOCKED IN SPANISH PERMANENTLY????

Edited on by Kermit1doesmath

dysgraphia awareness human

HotGoomba

@Kermit1 I thought Netflix was just ruining the stock price and animation division, not the service itself!

Well I guess they are adding ads, so...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy there.

Sunsy

@Tremblucay For what it's worth, I'm not into super heroes. I've always liked cuter cartoons like Trolls or Luca. With that said, I loved Guardians of the Galaxy being someone who loves space themed movies and games.

My friend is going to see Thor, and I'm going to tag along. I can't drive so it will be nice to get out of the house and do something fun with my friend. Plus the trailer he showed me has me interested.

Tomorrow, hoping for the best because I'm finally seeing Trolls World Tour on the big screen thanks to a local theater have a summer movie series. Should be fun, my friend and I are both going to see Trolls and Thor this summer.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Kermit1doesmath

@Sunsy sounds like fun! I'm skipping Thor because I'm going on vacation soon (gotta save money).

Sunsy

@Kermit1 Thanks, I think I'm looking forward to Trolls World Tour a bit more. Yeah I've seen it plenty of times, really a few years ago, I wanted to see this one on the big screen, so looking forward to tomorrow. Also, the local theater that's showing it is a bit old fashioned and has a drive-in in addition to an indoor theater, so that should be fun for the trip alone. Will also have fun with Thor, my friend showed me the Guardians are in it too.

Have a great vacation when the time comes.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Kermit1doesmath

@HotGoomba this the second time it's happened and it's not just me having this very problem. It's not on our end it's on Netflix's end. SFGSDHBFBHSADHBFV < thats how I feel

Mioaionios

@Sunsy
It's perfectly fine to not be a fan of the superhero genre. It's all subjective.
Have fun with Trolls and Thor. Sounds like a fun double feature.

Mioaionios

Sunsy

@Tremblucay Indeed. Thanks, definitely will. Wouldn't call it a double feature, we're going different days. Though Trolls has a bit of a priority, only because it's like a two day thing, first day being this past Monday. Another local theater is showing Trolls World Tour in August, friend wants to try going twice (he likes Trolls like I do).

I think Thor will be seen at the local AMC. The theaters showing Trolls are really the local kind, not tied to a big chain.

Edited on by Sunsy

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy and @Tremblucay will like to hear this. I just saw Luca and I enjoyed it! It's such a charming, feel-good movie, like many other Disney films - loved the story, setting...pretty much everything about it. I totally recommend it to anyone.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 Glad you enjoyed it! It's a great movie, had fun with some of it too since my mother's side of the family is part Italian. I remember I first saw it over at my friend's house, he had Disney+ while I didn't (I have it now). We both watched it as we both wanted to see it. I ended up buying the Blu-Ray/DVD combo just to have my own copy. Also, a great summer movie IMO.

Edited on by Sunsy

Kermit1doesmath

@Sunsy @MarioLover92 @Tremblucay Luca kinda felt (and looked) like a Japanese animated film to me it felt small and slice of life and not big and grand. It was a very nice change of pace from all the other Pixar films, not every Pixar film needs to make you cry and be a 9/10 masterpiece.

I give it an 8/10: It was a fun time... at home on my couch

(also the father {to the main character} in Luca is going to be Smee in the new live action Peter Pan film. I have a hard time seeing and hearing him as Smee)

Edited on by Kermit1doesmath

Sunsy

@Kermit1 Thing is, I cried at the end of Luca. Luca leaving his friend to go to school with Giulia, and when Giulia's dad didn't attack them when their sea monster form appeared.

Will admit, Cars 2 actually didn't make me cry. Saw that in a theater and I thought that was a nice change of pace, so I agree with you on not all Pixar movies making you cry. I'm sure someone else probably teared up to it too.

Sunsy

@Kermit1 Indeed, I honestly cry at too many animated movies. I'd say the same with DreamWorks. Rise of the Guardians, Trolls, Kung Fu Panda, How to Train Your Dragon, all those have made me cry. So did Trolls World Tour, but Trolls had a really heartbreaking scene.

In one scene, the main character Poppy starts to lose all hope after Creek betrayed the Trolls to help the Bergen Chef. So she loses all her color and so do the rest of the Trolls making them grey and in a sad state like Branch is. Thankfully Branch singing "True Colors" and helps bring back hope and their colors come back, even Branch's colors. This scene always makes me cry.

To make it even sadder, Poppy is the kind of character who's always upbeat and happy, and sees the good in everything and looks to the bright side, which makes her losing her color and hope even sadder

Worth noting, because of Creek betraying Trolls, I don't know a single person who likes his character, lol.

I wasn't kidding in the Chit Chat thread I could talk Trolls all day, lol. Fits here since it is a movie series.

Kermit1doesmath

@Sunsy I'm the same but with Muppets, the original trilogy of Muppet films are the only films that make me teary eyed, knowing how much passion and love went into them.

Sunsy

@Kermit1 Indeed. I'll admit, The Muppets 2011 did make me teary eyed.

The end scene when the show was ended, and the bad guy won, but all the fans outside the theater greeted them and cheered. The Muppets were still loved by many.

Edit: Thanks, I just looked up The Moopets version of Rainbow Connection, lol.

Edited on by Sunsy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic