Forums

Topic: Movie thread.

Posts 2,681 to 2,700 of 6,568

Gryffin

@Tremblucay Thanks for listening. I feel like I probably sounded pretentious or judgmental, and I apologize. I didn't mean to direct my thoughts at you or assume anything about you. I have pretty strong feelings about the Internet these days, especially about Reddit, and I've been wanting to write an essay for ages now. I took advantage of your question to finally get some of my thoughts on paper, but I hope my meaning was taken in good faith. I agree about Nintendo Life. It's a nicely-sized forum and everyone is respectful. It's actually the only forum I use right now, so I'm appreciative of being able to participate.

Gryffin

Gryffin

Kermit1 wrote:

@Sunsy I'm never gonna watch Toy Story 4 I feel the story wrapped up with 3. I still remember "kinda" seeing it in theatres (I used to have a fear of theatres because of cloudy with a chance of meatballs 3D and I would sit in the washroom for 40min till the movie started...)

Also the movie got spoiled for me...

To this day, I feel adamant that all of the toys should have perished in the furnace. That sounds callous, but hear me out. They had lived, laughed, and loved together, and in their final moments, they appreciated the life they'd had, and they accepted death together. Death is about acceptance. It was the perfect ending.

Edited on by Gryffin

Gryffin

RR529

Kermit1 wrote:

(I used to have a fear of theatres because of cloudy with a chance of meatballs 3D and I would sit in the washroom for 40min till the movie started...)

I know you said it was a long story, but you can't just bring this up & not elaborate on it, lol.

Was there something specifically in the movie that scared you, or did the 3D have a bad effect on you?

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Mioaionios

Gryffin wrote:

@Tremblucay Thanks for listening. I feel like I probably sounded pretentious or judgmental, and I apologize. I didn't mean to direct my thoughts at you or assume anything about you. I have pretty strong feelings about the Internet these days, especially about Reddit, and I've been wanting to write an essay for ages now. I took advantage of your question to finally get some of my thoughts on paper, but I hope my meaning was taken in good faith. I agree about Nintendo Life. It's a nicely-sized forum and everyone is respectful. It's actually the only forum I use right now, so I'm appreciative of being able to participate.

Don't worry about it. We all have to vent our feelings sometimes.

Mioaionios

Kermit1doesmath

@RR529

It all started when me and my family decided to go to Cloudy With A chance Of Meatballs in 3D. I never really went to the theatre when I was younger I liked to stay home and watch VHS tapes and DVDs. This was to be my first 3D movie, at the time when I would go to the movies, my stomach would feel like it had butterflies in it and I thought I was ill, but really I was hyped without knowing what hype was (this explains why I was the washroom so long). The movie didn't scare me or the 3D, just the giant screen with the loud sound and feeling hyped. Then the day comes where Toy Story 3 is out, I had completely forgotten I was going to see it that day and the car was going to be in the auto-shop that day. So I got dropped off at the theatre with three of my older cousins (way older than me at the time) and we went in to go watch the movie... I got that feeling again (I should also note the last film I had seen at that time was Yogi Bear in 3D, and I think that was the start of the washroom thing, my memories a mess past 2011). I only sat in the theatre seat for a minute before I went to the bathroom with my eldest cousin, at least the pre-show and trailers were around 30 minutes lol. After 40mins I got out of the washroom and we went back in, I did not put my 3D glasses on which made everything easier for me to handle (mentally) and after the movie was over me and my cousins walked to my house and I led the way, I remember that walk the most out of the whole day.

The movie to cure my fear of theatres was Rise Of The Guardians, my Mom and Dad went to that movie and my Mom said it was good and she wanted to see it again, so I went and really liked it.

if anyone wants to ask me about my time watching Nine Lives in theatres I'd be glad too

dysgraphia awareness human

RR529

@Kermit1, thanks for elaborating. Yeah, being really excited for something as a kid can have it's drawbacks, lol.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Sunsy

@HotGoomba @Snatcher That's fine, each to their own.

Movie related, a friend and I found out that Trolls World Tour is going to be shown at two local theaters this summer. Hoping something works out so we can both go as this will make up for something we planned a little over two years ago.

We both wanted to see the movie on the big screen together, but we all know what happened. So hopefully this will be our chance, otherwise the wait for Trolls 3 begins (as if it hasn't already begun, lol).

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Kermit1doesmath

@RR529 If only I could go back in time and tell myself I didn't have to use the washroom and it was only hype and butterflies giving the feeling in my stomach then I'd probably feel better.

I remember when the The Lego Movie came out on my birthday and feeling SO hyped that my favourite toys were to be a movie. Let's just say I was super hyped, and I didn't get let down. Sadly Star Wars: The Force Awakens did not live up to that hype as a 10-ish year old seeing that movie.

RR529

If one thing is certain, it's that going to the cinema as much as I have this summer has me really wishing for another 3D push.

Granted, I know there's issues with 3D TVs (everyone needing glasses & all that), but there's no reason personal devices such as phones shouldn't be able to have 3D as an option (using glasses free tech similar to the 3DS). Then Disney, Universal, & WB can add the 3D versions of their blockbusters to their various streaming services.

Heck, from what I understand 3D movies actually work inside VR headsets, so there's no reason Disney shouldn't already have 3D movies on Disney+ for those that have headsets.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Mioaionios

Honestly, 3D can go the way of the dodo for all I care.
I never understood the appeal of it. Cinematographers spend all this time and money to get the perfect brightness and colours on screen and then the audience puts tinted glasses before their eyes.
Lol, I'm sorry, but 3D really isn't for me.

Mioaionios

RR529

@Tremblucay, certainly not everything needs to be in 3D (and it should only be an option), but when it comes to big spectacle blockbusters it absolutely can be an asset (Multiverse of Madness looked absolutely sick in 3D).

Also, with the idea I suggested (glasses free 3D on personal devices like phones), you obviously wouldn't need the glasses.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Kermit1doesmath

@Tremblucay 3D will die to rise and die again

Its death will go down with some of the great gimmicks like Smell-O-Vision, HypnoMagic, and William Castle.

Goodbye for now 3D
Untitled

Kermit1doesmath

I'm skipping Thor Love And Thunder to go see Mission Impossible: Dead Reckoning Part 1, I'm binge watching all the films (besides 2 that one hurts my eyes), I'm doing 2 a week minus the last right before 7 I'm doing just 6 (because I skipped 2).

RR529

@Kermit1, no need to binge watch. Mission Impossible: Dead Reckoning Part One comes out in July 2023.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Kermit1doesmath

@RR529 I've never seen any of them (besides the old tv show)

I'm doing 2 films a week to pace myself

Edited on by Kermit1doesmath

RR529

@Kermit1, what I was saying is that the next one doesn't release until NEXT July.

No conflict of interest with Thor: Love & Thunder whatsoever.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Kermit1doesmath

@RR529 I looked at the year wrong! shoot I made plans lol, I'm still skipping Thor: Love & Thunder

I feel stupid now for getting the year wrong...

Edited on by Kermit1doesmath

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic