Forums

Topic: Movie thread.

Posts 2,501 to 2,520 of 2,752

Kermit1

@Sunsy Mr. Peabody and Sherman is great I remember seeing it in theatres.

I found a show called sarah & duck (it's animated and duck looks really cute)

Currently playing: Animal Crossing New Horizons, Okami HD

SW-0553-8644-3608 I'm Kermit1 and ask before you friend please

My dead YouTube channel

#TeamSlime

Sunsy

@Kermit1 Awesome you got to see it in theaters, would have loved to see it that way. Mr. Peabody and Sherman is one of my favorites.

Right now, I'm hoping I'll get to see Trolls 3 in a theater. I was really sad when Trolls World Tour had its release cancelled in favor of a home release due to real world events at the time. Waited three years only to watch it at home. Still rented day of release as it was one of my most anticipated movies years ago, and loved the movie.

Nice, never heard of it.

Edited on by Sunsy

Sunsy

Rambler

@cordova94
Never thought i would see Paris Hilton, Nivek Ogre, and Sarah Brightman mentioned in the same sentence let alone starring in something together! Will have to look out for that!

@Kermit1 - Sarah & Duck is one of the greatest TV shows ever. It is quietly very very strange. Roger Allam does the voiceover as well.

Rambler

jump

Speaking of Disney, the new Winnie The Pooh movie looks like something. It's not Disney made as Winnie The Pooh has now entered public domain. I can't wait to see what Mickey Mouse films will be made if he ever enters public domain.

Untitled
Untitled
https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/ent/winnie-the-pooh-horror-...

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Snatcher

@jump I think I have a love hate relationship with humanity.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

jump

@SnatcherI dunno, it seems like a double standard. Disney have a long history of taking other people's stories they didn't make and turning them into cartoons especially these gruesome fairtytales which are cleaned up and end up nothing like the story it's based on or in the case of The Lion King flat out plagiarism. Like Frozen for example is completely unrecognizable from The Snow Queen story it's based on, plus Disney didn't even create Winnie The Pooh.

If it helps talented upcoming film makers get noticed by having it be Winnie The Pooh then that's a good as their next film might have more resources to make something more original, although I can't speak for the talent of the people making this. Stephen King actually allows any indie filmmaker/film student to make a film based on any of his short stories for free in an effort to help them get noticed and build a career.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Snatcher

@jump Definitely agree, they don’t own him, I always thought it was kinda odd, considering Like you said, they didn’t make him.

I actually don’t mind Disney taking story’s and changing them, it’s inspired, and if that can go fro Disney that same thing 100% applies too these movies.

I love the hell out of lion king but not even I can deny how much was taken.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Rambler

jump wrote:

the case of The Lion King flat out plagiarism

What, Hamlet?

(Jk - that Japanese cartoon from the 60s)

That Winnie the pooh thing looks amazing and rubbish. Looking forward to footage of Tigger!

Disney do sanitise fairytales to a huge extent (Sleeping Beauty is just wrong), but I'm not sure if that is necessarily a bad thing, as stories can change and evolve over time. If it worked for Shakespeare (him again), it can work for Micky & Co.
But also seems like that disneyfication is on the wane - the newer films are a lot less conservatively conformist and are more inclusive and thoughtful than earlier ones. Whether that is Disney just reflecting modern times and audiences to maximise profit or not, I don't know.

Rambler

Sunsy

@jump @Snatcher This is making that scene in Chip N Dale Rescue Rangers age well, lol.

Sunsy

Kermit1

@jump kill it with fire

My dead YouTube channel

#TeamSlime

cordova94

@Rambler right? It's not very polished and some moments are very cheesy while trying to be emotional but somehow that only clarifies the horror and discomfort of the message. I think even now, 14 years on, the message is even more relevant. Like I said, vastly under-appreciated.

The director financed the whole thing himself because no one wanted to touch it.......I'm glad he did.

Currently Playing: Super Mario Sunshine (3D All-Stars), Octopath Traveler, Animal Crossing New Horizons
Friend Code: SW-5717-7937-5089

Kermit1

So if Winnie the pooh is in the public domain, I could make a Winnie the pooh WWII drama.

(or Vietnam war)

Edited on by Kermit1

My dead YouTube channel

#TeamSlime

jump

@Kermit1 tbh I reckon this movie will never see the light of days. The way public domain works is the work itself, the books in this case, are now free to everyone, but if the character is trademarked then you can't use them for original works. This movie has been low key until now but as it's getting attention it will also get attention from Disney and their army of lawyers who will probably shut it down.

An interesting case is Sherlock Holmes, some but not all of the books are in public domain and he was never successfully trademarked. So you can use the character for original works however if it includes elements from the later non-public domain books then the Holmes estate can shut it down. There's alot of wrangling between the estate and anyone who wants to use it as it doesn't look good if his family calls if a load of rubbish as well as wanting to avoid a confusing lawsuit like with the Sherlock's sister movie with the girl from Stranger Things.

Nicolai wrote:

RR529

Watched Watchmen this morning.

I'd seen parts of it before, although never the whole thing, but I thought it was quite good. It's much more of a slow burn than your typical CBM (and more graphic as well), which gave it a pretty unique vibe amongst it's contemporaries. The action scenes really hit hard when they did happen though, and the backdrop of an alternate reality history was pretty interesting.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

jump

@RR529 You forgot to mention it has probably the most cringe sex scene of all time when they are on the ship. it's made even worse as the same couple had intentionally awkward sex earlier in the film so the next time was meant to this xxx hot passion scene rather than the embarrassing mess shown. The amazing part is they could have edited it so many different ways but this was the best they could do and a great justification for the Marvel films to have groin-less romance.

Nicolai wrote:

Kermit1

@jump Oh ya Disney might take action, ya don't want to traumatise 7yo's.

My dead YouTube channel

#TeamSlime

Rambler

Kermit1 wrote:

So if Winnie the pooh is in the public domain, I could make a Winnie the pooh WWII drama.

(or Vietnam war)

Rambler

Kermit1

@Rambler ... I'd add more helicopters... what dark void will open now

My dead YouTube channel

#TeamSlime

Kermit1

Me: I would like to get Power Rangers: The Movie

Mother: We have Power Ranger: The Movie at home

The movie at home

this is on Tubi, Plex and Amazon

Edited on by Kermit1

My dead YouTube channel

#TeamSlime

RR529

Just watched Chip 'n Dale: Rescue Rangers.

Never watched the original cartoon so I wasn't all that invested in the core story/narrative (though it was fun enough in that manner for a kids' movie), so I was more interested in what they were going to be able to pull off cameo wise, and although it wasn't quite to the level of Who Framed Roger Rabbit in that regard, it was more impressive in that regard than I had imagined going in. Massive thumbs up for having South Park's Randy Marsh just sitting there out in the open. Didn't think they'd go that far. Also had a few subtle nods to Rick & Morty.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic