Forums

Topic: NintendoLife Cooks Thread

Posts 221 to 240 of 264

Tyranexx

Most of the normal meals I make are boring and to the point (main meat/protein + veggie side, sometimes a whole grain or sweet potato too), but I occasionally get creative in the dessert department. This doesn't happen often unless I have an upcoming event + the time. XD I made blond Oreo balls coated in white chocolate and different types of sprinkles.

Untitled

These are for Easter and are a week early, but I won't have time to prep them next weekend and will be freezing them until the night before they're needed.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Tyranexx

@Owl1 Thanks! I've had good luck with the classic Oreo variety, but this is my first time using one of the variants. They didn't quite turn out like I wanted - I was hoping they'd be a bit more egg shaped since I shaped the innards that way. I can attest they're still very edible though.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Ryu_Niiyama

There was a sale on chicken thighs so I am making Japanese cream stew tonight. Didn’t realize I was out of the ready made roux so making everything from scratch. Luckily despite being a lazy cook (I don’t eat regularly so by the time it is time to eat I am starving. So I don’t like to cook at that point) I usually keep ingredients I need for roux and sauces in stock. Got some leftover cheddar biscuits that will go well with this.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Sunsy

Been awhile since I've posted something, tonight made spaghetti and meatballs, using my own homemade meatball recipe. It made for a really good dinner tonight.

Untitled

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Sunsy

Dinner and a movie tonight. Mom and I watched The Super Mario Bros. Movie, and I cooked sausage and greens, with potato pie. Mom had sausage and greens, I just had sausage with the potato pie. Personally, I like using Premio Italian sausages, as I usually get the pack with both spicy and sweet. I like the spicy ones, mom likes the sweet ones.

Untitled

Untitled

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Fizza

Just did my first bit of baking in god knows how long with a massive chunk of rocky road!
Untitled
....and because we had a surplus of chocolate left over, we also made some extra rice-krispie buns alongside them!
Untitled

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Sunsy

Cooked Thanksgiving dinner. It was just me and mom, we're not big turkey eaters, so we usually have chicken. Everything came out pretty good this evening. Also made mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing, and had cranberry sauce.

Untitled

@Fizza I know I'm over a month late, those look really good.

Guest-LogIn-SignUp

I cooked a moussaka. Standing frying aubergines isn't as fun as I thought it would be.

Guest-LogIn-SignUp

Guest-LogIn-SignUp

Oh, that's cool. My brother really loves it and half of my family had been away for a month so we made it for them getting back. How often do you have it?
Also, what are some of your other favourite dishes?

Guest-LogIn-SignUp

NintendoByNature

@Guest-LogIn-SignUp 1-2 times a year whenever we go for Greek food. I might try to make it myself, it's just time consuming. You should try Pastitsio if you've made moussaka. Similar style of dish, and just as tasty. I've made that many times in the past. It's also one of my favorite dishes.

NintendoByNature

Guest-LogIn-SignUp

Thank you for the recommendation, it sounds very nice. Sort of like lasagne, which is good because lasagne is one of my favourite meals.
I'll try making it sometime soon hopefully.

Guest-LogIn-SignUp

Sunsy

It was a really rainy day, couldn't think of anything better than making homemade stew.

Untitled

Ryu_Niiyama

PSA: Don’t cook while hungry.

Citrus (orange and yuzu) Herbed salmon with an avocado wasabi cream sauce, golden potatoes with a bourbon honey dijon sauce, bacon wrapped tomatoes and enoki, zucchini topped with parmigiana, swiss and gruyere cheeses and a light salad with sesame dressing.

I’m going to bed.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

CaleBoi25

I should not be scrolling through this thread, now I am starving lol

SplatComp

Don't be sad;
Don't be emo--
Go and watch
Finding Nemo.
~ThatZeldaNerd

Sorry, I can't stop changing my PFP!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3225-4369-7994 | My Nintendo: CaleBoi25

gcunit

Hol' up, rewind...

Ryu_Niiyama wrote:

PSA: Don’t cook while hungry.
Citrus (orange and yuzu) Herbed salmon with an avocado wasabi cream sauce, golden potatoes with a bourbon honey dijon sauce, bacon wrapped tomatoes and enoki, zucchini topped with parmigiana, swiss and gruyere cheeses and a light salad with sesame dressing.

I’m going to bed.

We need more information. You make all that? How'd it turn out? Sounds fancy, and delish.

I am fresh off the high of turning out a gourmet meat-free bolognese. Used Linda McCartney vegemince, stirred in a bit of crème fraiche, with just the slightest hint of chilli. Great meal, if it wasn't for chicken (and the occasional pork sausages) I'd never buy meat again.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

jump

@gcunit I think being vegetarian is easy enough, vegan is much harder. My missus is vegan so I go a few meals without eating meat and I don’t miss it however dairy is a BIG problem. I need milk for my 20 coffees a day and I HATE all the coconut/almond based substitutes. Whenever I make vegan lasagne the coconut white sauce and coconut cheese is passable to me only because I’m increasing the ratio of bolognaise sauce to drown it.

Then again saying that I’ve just finished my prepping my chicken shawarma which is marinading for a few days before I cook it so maybe I can’t give up meat.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

OldManHermit

@jump I could probably give up meat if I had to, but I could NEVER give up the wondrous creation known as cheese.

OldManHermit

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic