Forums

Topic: NintendoLife Cooks Thread

Posts 201 to 220 of 264

Mioaionios

Thought I'd start with something simple: pasta with ham and cheese.
Untitled

Wanted to give myself a treat, so I used some ingredients from all over Europe.
Swiss Gryère, Italian Parmigiano Reggiano, French blue cheese and a locally produced grilled ham. 😋

Mioaionios

StarPoint

@Mioaionios Woah, that looks really good. Great idea for a thread, too! I may have to share some of my concoctions at some point.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

Mioaionios

@StarPoint
Thank you!
I love Italian food, so you'll probably see me share a lot of pasta and risotto dishes. 😅

Mioaionios

Sunsy

Tonight's dinner spicy Italian sausage with some potato pie. Just something I make with diced potatoes, eggs with a bit of milk, Romano cheese, and parsley flakes (or Italian seasoning).

Untitled

@NinChocolate This looks good! Never thought of using sauce with eggs. What kind of sauce?

@Mioaionios This also looks good!

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

NinChocolate

@Sunsy it’s a tomato sauce blended with some garlic, onion and a little chili. Really nice with eggs! Also I love the look of your potato pie! Delicious 😋

@Mioaionios Gryère is one of my favorite cheeses. Looks so good! Especially with that ham, mmm..

NinChocolate

Kevesilanz

@Sunsy @NinChocolate
Thanks, both of you.

I already mentioned this in a couple of other threads but to avoid confusion I'll mention it here as well. I'm the one who made the pasta dish with cheese and ham. This is a new profile.

Anyway, I'll try to share something new later this week.

Xenoblade Enthusiast

NintendoByNature

Made some homemade sausage gravy for biscuits this morning. It's been a good while since I've had some good B&G.

NintendoByNature

Sunsy

Homemade stew tonight. Had to do an errand last night to get the one ingredient I was missing, and was able to make it today. Tried using cornstarch instead of flour, and it came out really good. Mostly beef, red potatoes, carrots, and onions, with onion soup mix and a few bay leaves.

Untitled

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

VoidofLight

I don't have any food to share, but I did get certified in food safety last week! I didn't get to go to my graduation though, so I haven't had a chance to pick up my certificates.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Sunsy

Last night's dinner. Tonight had some frozen fish and fries in the oven, but last night I had some Austrian potato salad, and steak. Just a family recipe of potato, red onion, parsley flakes, olive oil, and a bit of vinegar.

Untitled

Steak, with seasoning by Kent Rollins. If you don't know who that is, he's someone on YouTube who does outdoor cooking. My mom and I enjoy watching his videos, and where I live I can't do outdoor cooking anymore, and I miss doing it. Good old fashion BBQ.

Untitled

@VoidofLight Congrats on graduating for food safety!

EllaTheQueen6

I suck at cooking, but I'm an amazing baker! Next time I bake a cake, I'll post it here and show it to y'all! I make the best cakes. I even once got paid for a cake.

Y'all, let's go play Legally Distinct Pocket Creatures!
Vice president/second divine goddess of the Chit-Chat thread

3DS Friend Code: 2252-0354-0887

Sunsy

Taking a break from cooking for tonight and ordering pizza for dinner, but last night's dinner was some comfort food. Roast beef with mashed potatoes and gravy (apologies for the bit of a messy presentation). Roast beef was seasoned with some pepper, garlic powder, and rosemary!

Untitled

Edited on by Sunsy

Sunsy

Ribs for dinner tonight. Mom wanted to try a recipe Cowboy Kent Rollins on YouTube (highly recommend this channel for those who love outdoor cooking) made for ribs. Yesterday, put some dry rub of brown sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, mustard powder, and pepper on these ribs, let them sit in the fridge overnight, and baked them in the oven (they can be grilled or in the oven) with chicken broth, flipping them once. These were good and they're a keeper.

Untitled

Zuljaras

This is one my favorite diches to prepare! Fried shrimps!

Yes, it is annoying to butcher them, but the result is delicious!

I leave the tail "carapace" on purpose, so they are easier to eat with hands

And with a homemade spicy mayo souse it is to die for!

Untitled

Edited on by Zuljaras

EllaTheQueen6

@Zuljaras Looks yummy.

Y'all, let's go play Legally Distinct Pocket Creatures!
Vice president/second divine goddess of the Chit-Chat thread

3DS Friend Code: 2252-0354-0887

Sunsy

The Royal Rumble is tonight, so I decided to try a recipe from the WWE cookbook called the Nacho Man Randy Savage. No really, it's called that, the book is filled to the brim with food puns, there's even a recipe called Michael Coleslaw and D-Generation Eggs, lol. It's basically a taco meat mix with Slim Jims (because of course there are) and onions. It's topped with warm cheese, black olives, scallions, and sour cream.

Recipe calls for hot sauce, salsa, and guacamole too, but I didn't add them for personal reasons, but they're options for toppings too.

I ate them before the event even started only because I was hungry, but they were good and filling. Made a single serving, I still have some meat, chips, and toppings left, maybe will have more tomorrow. Actually, it made a great alternative to tacos.

Untitled

Sunsy

Another recipe from the WWE Official Cookbook, Bayley's Chicken Hug-gets... except I forgot the cut them so they're tenders. The store delivered panko breadcrumbs, and I had no use for them, so I came across this recipe in the same book I used to make the nachos above in.

Made them tonight, they came out great. Next time, I'll cut the chicken into nugget sized pieces. Did this mostly out of habit of making chicken tenders.

Untitled

Also, themed cookbooks like this are kind of fun. Not only new recipes to cook, but also various themes in said book (in this case, food puns on wrestler names).

Sunsy

For dinner last night, made Karaage with white rice. Did a recipe in a Japanese cookbook I have which used soy sauce (I prefer low sodium personally), garlic and ginger (kept that out this time) marinade. It's coated and fried in corn starch.

Untitled

Edited on by Sunsy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic