Forums

Topic: NintendoLife Cooks Thread

Posts 181 to 200 of 264

NinChocolate

@Sunsy immediately impressed by the crispyness of the spuds! Good cooking! Everything looks delish

NinChocolate

NinChocolate

Made baked zucchini with cheese (bocconcini) to fill some gorditas
Untitled
Untitled

NinChocolate

Sunsy

Chicken katsu with white rice tonight. Been awhile since I made this, basically same as tonkatsu, except I use chicken. Everything else is pretty much the same.

Untitled

@NinChocolate Thanks, that's from years of making oven potatoes. BTW, your bocconcini and gorditas look good!

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Sunsy

Sticking to a Japanese theme, tried making omurice using a recipe from a cookbook. Had to adjust the recipe as it serves two, down to one, and it was still filling that I couldn't finish it, so I might need to adjust it a bit more. Could use practice plating the egg, otherwise, came out good. Never thought bacon and fried rice would be a good combo. Could see myself getting better at making this over time.

Untitled

@NinChocolate, just tagging you because I responded to your post and I didn't know if editing it into the post sends out the notification (the post above with the chicken).

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

NinChocolate

@Sunsy Thank you for tagging me! Your Japanese egg dish looks so yummy. Rice in egg sounds so good

NinChocolate

Sunsy

@NinChocolate No problem, I forgot to reply earlier, and edited it into the post with my chicken dish, but I notice edits don't send out notifications.

Thank you, it was pretty good too. I need a bit more practice with the egg itself, and making a bit less rice, but I can only improve from here. This particular recipe is new, though I've tried an omurice recipe from the past online.

It's a very good combo too. Especially since the fried rice has some ketchup mixed into it too, that goes well with the egg.

Edited on by Sunsy

Sunsy

Tonight's dinner, steak with hash browns. Something simple for tonight since it's been hot lately. Steak was marinated in low sodium soy sauce, a bit of water (to make it less salty), ginger and garlic powder. Apologies to those who like medium rare, I have to eat mine well done due to personal health reason, so it is on the darker sider. Still good though, the marinade gave it good flavor.

Untitled

Sunsy

Guess I'm the only one cooking, so apologies for posting again. Cooked anything @NinChocolate?

Tonight, dinner and a movie. Watched The Penguins of Madagascar (thoughts in the Movie thread, um... epic thread crossover, lol) and had homemade steak sandwiches with mom tonight. My sandwich had provolone cheese melted, with some red and orange peppers and onions. With a side of fries and ketchup.

Untitled

I made these awhile back, but the cheese made this so much better.

NinChocolate

@Sunsy That’s a great sandwich! Haha more people need to get cooking and share it with us! I was out of town for a while so my cooking routines were on pause, but not for much longer. Time to get back to that kitchen life!

NinChocolate

Sunsy

@NinChocolate Thanks, it was a lot better with provolone melted in it. Indeed, cooking can be fun and satisfying when you create something. I sometimes wonder if Nintendo Life staff look at this thread because of food we post.

Understandable. Hope you make something good!

NintendoByNature

Made some home made raising canes tonight( chicken tenders and cane sauce). Came out perfect.

NintendoByNature

Sunsy

Something simple for today, grilled cheese for lunch today. Don't know why exactly, I was in the mood for it. Really like how the sandwich turned out, all nice and golden. Used American cheese, but I like cheddar more for grilled cheese. Chips and Trolls fruit snacks because why not.

Untitled

Sunsy

Another dinner and a movie night, watched Central Intelligence after a friend recommended it, and made chicken tenders, with potato wedges, and boiled some carrots. All freshly made too, with fresh potatoes, carrots, and chicken, no frozen fries this time.

Untitled

Sunsy

Tonight's menu, chicken burgers. My chicken burgers have ground chicken, seasoned salt, garlic powder, parsley flakes, sesame seeds and a bit of sesame oil. They always come out tasty too.

Untitled

@Kermit1 Thanks, it was good, though I do feel I might have let the potatoes cook a little too long.

NintendoByNature

It's been a weekend on the cooking front.

Yesterday, i made some homemade smoked Buffalo chicken dip. Served with tortilla chips( aside from actually smoking the chicken breast, it's a super easy recipe I'm sure you can substitute baked chicken with if you want).

Today I'm making some beer braised sausage and peppers on the smoker.

And lastly, not a dish, but I concocted my first old fashioned cocktail. Chefs kiss on that bad boy for sure.

NintendoByNature

NinChocolate

Did some saucy eggs with jalapeño cornbread
Untitled

NinChocolate

Mioaionios

I love to cook but lately I hardly get around to it because of a depression I'm struggling to get out off.
However, I think sharing my creations on this thread might motivate me to cook more and in turn help me with my depression. Worth a shot.

Mioaionios

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic