Forums

Topic: Game Awards 2021

Posts 1 to 20 of 103

octokid

Pretty sure no one has made this yet, I looked on the forum lookup. We're getting close to one week away, so leave all your speculation here. No arguing please.

amazing new mexico sunset. im hanging on a bridge with my friend-[GUNSHOTS] /ref
have a good day! stay hydrated! et cetera!
(any pronouns, she/they preferred, thank you!)

Switch Friend Code: SW-5873-1162-6324 | 3DS Friend Code: 3025-2448-4778 | My Nintendo: MonkeyMoo | Nintendo Network ID: MissMonkeyMoo

StarPoint

I don't think Dread's gonna win GOTY, as much as I want it to. Also, I'm very confident that BOTW 2 will be making an appearance. It's been mentioned before, but Zelda has had a history with TGA, so it wouldn't surprise me if we got a new trailer with a title drop. If not that, then some other huge Nintendo title since they're done with Smash reveals now.

Edited on by StarPoint

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

kkslider5552000

Better than last year, because half of the awards won't automatically go to the same game (especially Game Direction, that was a disgrace last year), and almost none of the main nominees are relying on what is currently popular or automatically seems to get great reviews. Great! (Cyberpunk for best RPG is still beyond sus though)

Tbh, the 2014 and 2018 ones were the only time I thought this was an enjoyable show, so I can't say I'm looking forward to most of it. I'm just hoping the award winners make some level of sense to me and that the game announcements aren't "hey so here's 5 minutes of the latest multiplayer shooter updates" or "here's a cg trailer that you won't remember in a minute".

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Grumblevolcano

I feel given the awkward January release timing for Legends Arceus, the next Pokemon GO season is based on Legends Arceus and there was the Wooper Watch Pokemon GO event during last year's Game Awards that there may be a chance for a Legends Arceus trailer during this year's Game Awards. Main Nintendo announcement I think will be new info on the Mario movie either way though.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FroZtedFlake

Ooh I didn't think about new Mario Movie stuff, that almost seems like a guarantee now, I do hope The Sequel To The Legend Of Zelda Breath Of The Wild gets a trailer or at least a subtitle too lol
@kkslider5552000 You know we gonna get 18 crappy zombie shooter trailers
Also, I'm thinking maybe Sonic Frontiers/Rangers info?

Games I'm playing right now:
Tears of the Kingdom - Switch

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4
Ace Attorney Trilogy - Switch

Snatcher

@kkslider5552000 LOL, I agree.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

VoidofLight

@Grumblevolcano The Mario movie doesn't release until November of 2022, so I doubt they'd show a trailer this far out from the movie's release.

Also, the pokemon Go thing isn't even related to Legends, it's related to Johto.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

VoidofLight

People think this means that BotW 2 is going to be there for sure this year, and while the time frame lines up, I'm not going to hype myself up, given that there's legit no way to know unless Nintendo says something about it before the show. I'd love for a BotW 2 trailer, or some gameplay.. just so that I can more info and actually get more excited over the game than I was by seeing the e3 trailer.

Edit: Potential games it could be: Hellblade 2

Edited on by VoidofLight

VoidofLight

@WoomyNNYes December 9th. I don't know the time though.

jedgamesguy

@VoidofLight I'm of the same mind. The BotW sequel trailers haven't given us much of a clue as to what direction the game is going; it's literally going in two different ways (up and down). It fits the 2.5 year criteria very snugly so that's something to latch onto. But it may not even be Nintendo, it should be considered.

It definitely won't be Hellblade II though, that was revealed almost exactly 2 years ago at the 2019 Game Awards.

@WoomyNNYes It's at 4am my time, and therefore 1am GMT. Work backwards from there!

Edited on by jedgamesguy

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

VoidofLight

@TheJGG Ah, then unless this ends up being an entirely new game, there's a chance that this is BotW 2, given that there aren't many bigger games that seem to really fit that bill. I'm still not holding my breath, but I really hope it'll end up being something of importance.

And yeah, the trailer we got at e3 was nice, but I still didn't think it was really enough to excite me. I kinda wish they went a little bit bigger with it.

jedgamesguy

@VoidofLight I imagine Nintendo took the approach ConcernedApe did with his new game, he's doing "vertical slashes" to have baseline content for every aspect of the game fleshed out; enough for a trailer but not in enough detail to be sold. If the game entered development in late 2018 (when the Creating a Champion book told us that production had began) then it's more or less in line with how long a AAA Nintendo game takes to make.

I plan to get up to watch TGA though, so that's enough to convince me there'll be at least one positive surprise throughout the dozens of announcements. Are you excited for the show?

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

VoidofLight

@TheJGG Yeah, it makes sense that they just showed us a bit because they weren't entirely ready.

Also, yeah, I'm sort of excited, but I'm mainly just watching the show with a couple of friends like last year.. at least I hope. I'm hoping there'll be some stuff that interests me there, like Monster Hunter Rise's DLC, and a few other things.. but otherwise, I'm not expecting much, given that most of the stuff they generally show off is like FPS games and such.

It'd be awesome if they showed off a new NieR game or something there, but I don't think they will.

Tyranexx

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Better than last year, because half of the awards won't automatically go to the same game (especially Game Direction, that was a disgrace last year), and almost none of the main nominees are relying on what is currently popular or automatically seems to get great reviews. Great! (Cyberpunk for best RPG is still beyond sus though)

I wholeheartedly agree with this paragraph and is why, though I believe the jury panel still deserves a significant amount of clout, I think the general vote should have more say. After enjoying the TGAs in previous years, last year's presentation was a waste of my time.

I probably will tune in this year by streaming it on my TV via YouTube while playing some handheld Switch or 3DS and doing the occasional house errand. That way, if something cool is revealed (and I'm keeping my expectations in check here), I can at least hype out in person. It would be neat to see BotW 2 make an appearance, but I'm not betting on it. I'd love to be wrong.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

jedgamesguy

@VoidofLight It's good to keep expectations realistic, that's for sure. The caliber and sheer quantity of some of the "premieres" clearly have the potential to steal the show however. Dunno about NieR showing, but I can't say in good conscience Square Enix won't show at least one thing. Only a week to go.

@Tyranexx Last year all I could read online was that "Ghost of Tsushima deserved the award". I can't say this objectively at all since I haven't played The Last of Us: Part II, but I'd agree that GoT did deserve Game of the Year. Whether it deserved to beat LoU2 I'm not sure but GoT is a really.... really good game at the very least. For me it's not too much of a stretch in terms of the hours, but I'd obviously be less gloomy if it was worth my tie in the end.

I feel like there's going to be a lot of snubs to games that genuinely deserve awards though. My gut feeling.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

NintendoByNature

I gotta wonder if prime 4 will have a trailer and that's what Geoff keleigh is referring to.

NintendoByNature

VoidofLight

@NintendoByNature I wouldn't really get my hopes up for that, seeing as a Metroid game just released, and Prime 4 probably got pushed back a bit further due to the pandemic. Even if it somehow didn't, the games only been in development for 2 years.

I feel like if Nintendo does anything, it's either BotW 2 or something we know absolutely nothing about yet. There's a chance that NIntendo might just not do anything for this year as well.

kkslider5552000

Tyranexx wrote:

I wholeheartedly agree with this paragraph and is why, though I believe the jury panel still deserves a significant amount of clout, I think the general vote should have more say.

I strongly disagree with this. Did you not see that IGN Best Game Ever tournament? I don't want those people having a say on anything. :V

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

VoidofLight

All I know is that NieR is going to be beaten by Cyberpunk for the Best Music, given that they'll probably be bought out again this year. Elden Ring will probably take "Most Anticipated Game", and Cyberpunk will probably buy out the GoTY slot.

Dream is probably buying out the creator of the year, but if not, he's winning anyways because his stans will make sure of it.

It's sad that a ton of people wanted Scott to be nominated, but the board won't allow it, despite him having his own TV show, and him being a huge face in the gaming youtube sphere now.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic