Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 3,101 to 3,120 of 13,108

turtlelink

kkslider5552000 wrote:

And honestly the only other one I can think of off the top of my head is that I really like the english version of the 3rd One Piece Opening.

It's actually much, much better than the original imo. Who knew Broly can sing so well.

Edited on by turtlelink

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

KAHN

i like the anime art style. it's interesting, but most of the shows we get to watch are a wholly different story. i only like watching something original, unique, and actiony. fullmetal alchemist is a perfect example of something unique, actiony, and awesome. trigun is BARELY another example. used to like trigun, but then he started acting like my really dumb grandchild. i liked the first five episodes of trigun, but after that, you're better off straying away. i also like gurren lagahn. i really like gurren lagahn. but then cheese settled in, and it became less awesome as it was. i like the first episode of GL the most.

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

V8_Ninja

Dezner wrote:

V8_Ninja wrote:

• Madoka Magicka: Yeah, after the depressing 3rd episode I'm continuing this series today by watching the fourth episode. I want to keep believing that this is an overrated series, but nothing so far has given me evidence of that claim. Of course, I still have a ton of episodes to go before I finish and get all of my thoughts down straight, so there is a good chance this series could fall apart.

Heh. Trust me, it's not overrated and it won't fall apart. You'll see at the end!

Yeah, and that's what people say about Ergo Proxy. I will only destroy my conceptions once I have completely finished the series and summed up my thoughts.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

RR529

0LD_SK0OL_PUNK wrote:

i like the anime art style. it's interesting, but most of the shows we get to watch are a wholly different story. i only like watching something original, unique, and actiony. fullmetal alchemist is a perfect example of something unique, actiony, and awesome. trigun is BARELY another example. used to like trigun, but then he started acting like my really dumb grandchild. i liked the first five episodes of trigun, but after that, you're better off straying away. i also like gurren lagahn. i really like gurren lagahn. but then cheese settled in, and it became less awesome as it was. i like the first episode of GL the most.

Have you watched FMA: Brotherhood? It blows the original series out of the water, so you'd probably like it even more.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Itsa

RR529 wrote:

Have you watched FMA: Brotherhood? It blows the original series out of the water, so you'd probably like it even more.

I have to agree with you on that. The story flows much better.

3DS FC: 1160-9773-6180

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9773-6180

KAHN

i've seen 'em both, but FMA is more entertaining to watch than brotherhood. i will say that i cried when <SPOILER> died in brotherhood. i'll also say that a lot of the crap in the first FMA made no sense.

Edited on by KAHN

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

kkslider5552000

I haven't watched Brotherhood but the first series later parts are great examples of stories that work so much better when you don't think about it. But mainly how most of the villians are defeated leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Wow, the characters we've followed sure are useless huh?

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Dezner

V8_Ninja wrote:

Dezner wrote:

V8_Ninja wrote:

• Madoka Magicka: Yeah, after the depressing 3rd episode I'm continuing this series today by watching the fourth episode. I want to keep believing that this is an overrated series, but nothing so far has given me evidence of that claim. Of course, I still have a ton of episodes to go before I finish and get all of my thoughts down straight, so there is a good chance this series could fall apart.

Heh. Trust me, it's not overrated and it won't fall apart. You'll see at the end!

Yeah, and that's what people say about Ergo Proxy. I will only destroy my conceptions once I have completely finished the series and summed up my thoughts.

K, I await your thoughts then.

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter:

RR529

On Imagine-Nation last night, they talked about a manga that's apparently really popular in Japan right now called BTOOOM!

It's about a group of 8 people stranded on an Island, who are forced to compete in a life or death competition. Each person is given several bombs to use in the brutal contest, and the last one alive wins.

The main character is a 22 year old named Ryuta, who is obsessed with online gaming, and this competition happens to mirror his favorite game, BTOOOM! In addition to surviving, he has to figure out who sent him here, and why.

Has anyone read any of it? Apparently each volume is designed to look just like an Xbox 360 game case, except it says "Xbox 720" at the top, lol. There's also an anime adaptation that's going to air this autumn in Japan.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Undead_terror

I finished they are my noble masters and The World of Narue, I need to watch something different that will get my attention...@SMEXI I think you would like these animes.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

How similar or different is the Azumanga Daioh anime to the manga?

They're basically the same. In theory at least.

My only major problem with the series is that a lot of jokes only work in one version. Like same joke but being animated or being in panels (with the timing especially) changes the quality of a lot of jokes.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Raylax

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I haven't watched Brotherhood but the first series later parts are great examples of stories that work so much better when you don't think about it. But mainly how most of the villians are defeated leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Wow, the characters we've followed sure are useless huh?

You'll like Brotherhood then; most of the enemies (all of the enemies? Been a while since I watched it) meet decidedly epic ends at the hands of the heroes. I am now convinced that Mustang could beat a bear in a cage match by tearing its head off.

Raylax

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

SMEXIZELDAMAN

Reala wrote:

Camera's, bubbles and dare devil rescue all in Yotsuba& vol 11

My brother was reading that manga

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

kkslider5552000

Yotsuba&'s pretty great.

I went into my room, heard the latest (in America) Bleach ending theme...and I immediately left the room. How do you sound stupid in a language I know so little about? HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE?!

Can't wait to see how robot whose name I can't remember survives in Samurai 7. He can't be dead, he's like the only consistently entertaining character.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

RR529

Toonami Saturday night!

Bleach - The rest of the Espada fights are starting to get underway, and are looking pretty good. Yami looks like some sort of JRPG final boss, lol.

Samurai 7 - I'm fairly positive it was intentional, but the art style for the characters has noticeably changed (probably some sort of reference that flew over my head). Still a good episode, though.

Casshern Sins - Still marching on towards it's finale. Some good action scenes, but mostly some more psychological revelations.

Eureka 7 - Tonight's episode was simply hilarious!

Also, next week, two Cartoon Network action cartoons (Sym-Bionic Titan & the Thundercats reboot) are being added to the line-up for whatever reason. I could care less about Sym-Bionic Titan, but I am somewhat interested in the new Thundercats (watched the original on the original Toonami, and the new one is technically an anime).

New line-up (central time):
11:00 P.M. - Bleach (new)
11:30 P.M. - Samurai 7 (new)
12:00 A.M. - Casshern Sins (new)
12:30 A.M. - Eureka 7 (new to Toonami)
1:00 A.M. - Sym-Bionic Titan (new to Toonami)
1:30 A.M. - Thundercats (new to Toonami)
2:00 A.M. - FMA:B (repeat)
2:30 A.M. - FMA:B (repeat)
3:00 A.M. - GitS (repeat)
3:30 A.M. - GitS (repeat)
4:00 A.M. - Cowboy Bebop (repeat)
4:30 A.M. - Cowboy Bebop (repeat)

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

kkslider5552000

RR529 wrote:

I could care less about Sym-Bionic Titan

The irony of this is that I can definitively say it's the best series added since Toonami started.

RR529

kkslider5552000 wrote:

RR529 wrote:

I could care less about Sym-Bionic Titan

The irony of this is that I can definitively say it's the best series added since Toonami started.

So it's actually good? I stopped watching daytime CN long ago, so I haven't saw it. I'll give it a go next week then.

EDIT: the people on the AS boards aren't too happy with the addition of Thundercats & Sym-Bionic Titan. I guess they were both cancelled on CN, so they don't understand why it would be a good idea to show them on Toonami.

As for me, I'm more concerned about the fact that Bleach & S7 won't be getting encores later in the night anymore. Sometimes I miss the first showing of one (or both) of those shows, so now I'll be SOL, lol.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

SMEXIZELDAMAN

Finished volume 64 of One Piece Now I am all caught up with the volumes in America now I has to wait for more

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

Retro_on_theGo

They're adding Sym-Bionic Titan to Toonami!?!?!?! I thought that show was gone for good. Holy cow, nice to see it's getting a second chance! It was definitely miles better than most of CN's cr*p nowadays. I didn't like it though. It's good, it is. I just wasn't too into it. It did seem more fit to Adult Swim than it did to CN though, especially with some scenes like a certain one with a red head girl and her dance.
The new Thundercats rocks too!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic