Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 3,401 to 3,420 of 9,620

Pixelrobin

Discostew wrote:

Bluerobin2 wrote:

How would I go about handling moving sprites with the use of BGOFS? My equation for still sprites adds a weird 'slingshot' effect.

Is it a 1-frame slingshot effect?

Well yes (With still sprites), but my concern is that the moving sprites will act normally, but when the screen moves, the rocket away abd off the screen...

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

Discostew

Bluerobin2 wrote:

Discostew wrote:

Bluerobin2 wrote:

How would I go about handling moving sprites with the use of BGOFS? My equation for still sprites adds a weird 'slingshot' effect.

Is it a 1-frame slingshot effect?

Well yes (With still sprites), but my concern is that the moving sprites will act normally, but when the screen moves, the rocket away abd off the screen...

Hmm.....what is your equation? Are you using time-intervals with SPOFS? What I do with my project is each sprite has a "global" position relative to the map/level, and the map/level has a position for displaying the background layers. When I translate the sprite's global position to screen-space position, I simply subtract the map view's position.

BGOFS 0,MAPX AND 511,MAPY AND 511: 'This sets the position of the background layers, also allows wrap-around
SPOFS 0,POSX-MAPX,POSY-MAPY: 'This sets the sprite's screen-space position.

If the sprite stands still and the map view changes, the sprite's position on the screen will move with the background. Even if the sprites are moving (in that POSX and/or POSY change), they'll still be positioned relative to the map, and will translate to screen-space the same way.

I generally stay away from using time-intervals with SPOFS on any sprites that are linked to the level, including projectiles, in my game mainly because I deal with acceleration like gravity, and shifting levels like when they scroll.

Edited on by Discostew

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

swordx

Hairmanban19 wrote:

@Swordx i found another bug in Dungeon Adventure. Once i completed the first quest for Kizashi,and then got another quest from him,and i look at the description for that quest it just gives me the description for the first quest that you do for him.

Kk, I found and fixed this bug. I didn't find it on earlier tests because it didn't exist. It arose when I added in OTHER sidequests.

swordx

Pixelrobin

@Discostew Thanks, I am using the same thing. I guess its a variable error or something.

swordx

Hairmanban19 wrote:

swordx wrote:

Hairmanban19 wrote:

@Swordx in Dungeon Adventure i bought a book from the library but i don't know how to read it.

lol I didn't do a good job on those, but you read it in the pause menu. U din't think anyone would do all the extra stuff, so I kinda just did whatever. Now thsat I know you guys are exploring every nook and cranny, I'll definitely be releasing a lot of updates. I kinda was experimenting with this. PTC has such a small fanbase that I figured no one would explore everything. I guess I was wrong...

We should make a site where we review PTC games. I'll be honest, PTC feels like its own console to me. It's like people started developing NES gmes again, which is awesome!

Yeah if i'm gonna play a game then i have to explore everything. I also have that same feeling that you were just explaining. And i also think that we should review the Petit Computer games,i think that would be pretty cool.

Yeah, I love to explore aswell. It's always quite fun.

Also, just a question, but have you unlocked Kizashi yet?

Another question: Have you figured out how to read books yet? And yes, I know they're terrible. I only programmed them to make the game feel more like an RPG.

EDIT: I just fixed the chest bug, too! I'll release version 1.0.1 on Wednesday.

Edited on by swordx

swordx

Pixelrobin

Well, here it is.. A demo of the Battlewoods 2 engine.

Notable changes

• Stamina
  • Health (Regens when health isn't very low)
  • Money System
  • BGOFS
  • Sword
  • @Randomous's Text Box

Unstable Changes were not shown.

So what do you think of my little engine.

Edited on by Pixelrobin

Hairmanban19

swordx wrote:

Hairmanban19 wrote:

swordx wrote:

Hairmanban19 wrote:

@Swordx in Dungeon Adventure i bought a book from the library but i don't know how to read it.

lol I didn't do a good job on those, but you read it in the pause menu. U din't think anyone would do all the extra stuff, so I kinda just did whatever. Now thsat I know you guys are exploring every nook and cranny, I'll definitely be releasing a lot of updates. I kinda was experimenting with this. PTC has such a small fanbase that I figured no one would explore everything. I guess I was wrong...

We should make a site where we review PTC games. I'll be honest, PTC feels like its own console to me. It's like people started developing NES gmes again, which is awesome!

Yeah if i'm gonna play a game then i have to explore everything. I also have that same feeling that you were just explaining. And i also think that we should review the Petit Computer games,i think that would be pretty cool.

Another question: Have you figured out how to read books yet? And yes, I know they're terrible. I only programmed them to make the game feel more like an RPG.

No,i haven't unlocked Kizashi yet,since there is no saving system i haven't gotten that far in the game. And yes,i have read a book now,i think you did a really good job on them,though i have only read the one for the history of Tragen.

Edited on by Hairmanban19

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

Pixelrobin

@hairmanban19 so what do you think of the demo video?

Hairmanban19

Bluerobin2 wrote:

@hairmanban19 so what do you think of the demo video?

Well,i am using my 3DS right now to look at this forum but i'll get on my computer soon to watch it.

swordx

Hairmanban19 wrote:

swordx wrote:

Hairmanban19 wrote:

swordx wrote:

Hairmanban19 wrote:

No,i haven't unlocked Kizashi yet,since there is no saving system i haven't gotten that far in the game. And yes,i have read a book now,i think you did a really good job on them,though i have only read the one for the history of Tragen.

Sorry there isn't a save system...I still don't know how to use the save function.

swordx

randomous

@Bluerobin2 Wow, it looks great! It's very clean and colorful. I'm flattered that you used my textbox template! I've actually added more features to the textbox (for Village only) so I can do things like jump to the next line using a special character and setting a flag for instant text.

randomous

Pixelrobin

@swordx

MEM$=SaveVariableNameHere
SAVE "MEM:NAMEHERE"
LOAD "MEM:NAMEHERE"
LoadVariableNameHere=MEM$

PRINT LoadVariableNameHere (or whatever the heck you want)

Only strings can be saved. However, you can convert variables into strings or vice versa:
String=STR(Variable)
Variable=VAR(STR)

To save and load multiple things, look into LEFT$, RIGHT$, and CENTER$. The included manual is very straightforward with that. Hope it helps!

Feedback on vid?

Pixelrobin

@randomous why thank you! Village isn't so bad either. (actually its better IMO )

Hairmanban19

@Bluerobin2 i have now watched your video and it looks really cool! Great job.

swordx

Bluerobin2 wrote:

@swordx

MEM$=SaveVariableNameHere
SAVE "MEM:NAMEHERE"
LOAD "MEM:NAMEHERE"
LoadVariableNameHere=MEM$

PRINT LoadVariableNameHere (or whatever the heck you want)

Only strings can be saved. However, you can convert variables into strings or vice versa:
String=STR(Variable)
Variable=VAR(STR)

To save and load multiple things, look into LEFT$, RIGHT$, and CENTER$. The included manual is very straightforward with that. Hope it helps!

Feedback on vid?

Thanks. I'll use that info on Dungeon Adventure 2. I'm bored of programming #1, so I have to move on.

I can't watch the video until Monday, but I'll be sure to tell you what my thoughts on it are once I've seen it.

swordx

Gimmemorecoinz

it seems like i've missed out on alot the last few weeks.. I had a tooth removed. it hurts. I had it removed piece by piece and it's healing now.
I'm really happy to see how active this forum is still.
I have more free time on my hands again to program and I'm getting back slowly to working on legend of zelda lttp more seriously.
There's alot of things I have to add , I just did a play through of the original lttp, the first part of the game and first dungeon. I realized I may have to
change the way I'm doing this game. There might still be some pallete issues at first because ptc utilities is buggy with how it exports sprites.
I'm without a laptop right now to so I'm looking into a replacement but I'm short on money.
I would like to form a better project file or folder that I can keep on a usb or something with me that way working on it from anywhere is never an issue.
Oh. That's right. I noticed my youtube video about lttp for petit computer got alot more comments than I was expecting. So I commented back and posted the QR codes in the comments. For those of you who might have missed out or might want the link again here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93YhyV3XvTY

In the near future, like in a couple of days I might want some help with developing this remake of zelda. There's a couple things I'm going to have problems with mainly with making sure the sprites get formatted properly into petit computer and making sure that the right sprites are in memory for me when I need them. Maybe Discostew you can help me out there pretty soon? That's one of the things holding me back actually is I'm still getting that glitched pallete issue with link swinging his sword.

Got a project? PM ME on here!
Youtube: lostkitty64x
Want help with coding? PM ME! PM ME PM ME!! XD
FC: WIll post later.
Systems I own: ds lite, 3DS, PC/gaming, steam platform. I play alot of games. Just ask ! Minecraft anyone? :D

Gimmemorecoinz

Hey guys I'm having some issues with bgput. I can't get these tiles to display. Here's an imgur file of it.
I imported them into petit computer and saved them as a CHR file. I can't figure out what i'm doing wrong.

after I do:
load"BGU0:TILES"
ACLS
GCLS
CLS
BGPUT 1, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0
BGPUT 1, 2, 1, 2, 0, 0, 0

Basically I get this ugly pink tile that repeats.. uhmm..
I have no idea what i'm doing trying to get custom tiles to work.
This was only a test anyways.

http://imgur.com/Lkpvgpt

Got a project? PM ME on here!
Youtube: lostkitty64x
Want help with coding? PM ME! PM ME PM ME!! XD
FC: WIll post later.
Systems I own: ds lite, 3DS, PC/gaming, steam platform. I play alot of games. Just ask ! Minecraft anyone? :D

Ralph

How do I stop backgrounds from "wrapping around" when using BGOFS? I have made it so that the player can't walk to these areas but they are still visible.

Ralph

swordx

Gimmemorecoinz wrote:

it seems like i've missed out on alot the last few weeks.. I had a tooth removed. it hurts. I had it removed piece by piece and it's healing now.
I'm really happy to see how active this forum is still.
I have more free time on my hands again to program and I'm getting back slowly to working on legend of zelda lttp more seriously.
There's alot of things I have to add , I just did a play through of the original lttp, the first part of the game and first dungeon. I realized I may have to
change the way I'm doing this game. There might still be some pallete issues at first because ptc utilities is buggy with how it exports sprites.
I'm without a laptop right now to so I'm looking into a replacement but I'm short on money.
I would like to form a better project file or folder that I can keep on a usb or something with me that way working on it from anywhere is never an issue.
Oh. That's right. I noticed my youtube video about lttp for petit computer got alot more comments than I was expecting. So I commented back and posted the QR codes in the comments. For those of you who might have missed out or might want the link again here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93YhyV3XvTY

In the near future, like in a couple of days I might want some help with developing this remake of zelda. There's a couple things I'm going to have problems with mainly with making sure the sprites get formatted properly into petit computer and making sure that the right sprites are in memory for me when I need them. Maybe Discostew you can help me out there pretty soon? That's one of the things holding me back actually is I'm still getting that glitched pallete issue with link swinging his sword.

Can I have the QR codes to just your sprites? I plan on using unique sprites for my game, and I'd love to use yours to start with. My sword animations are more like the original Zelda, and I HATE that. I hope your project tuns out well! You don't have much yet, but I see potential!

Edited on by swordx

swordx

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic