Forums

Topic: amiibo

Posts 1,721 to 1,740 of 1,777

Peach64

This probably won't last long but Amazon UK are currently selling Marth for £1.99 and Ike for £2.99

Peach64

Gremstein

I'm really hoping they do a Zelda series of figures like they did with the "Super Mario" line. The smash ones aren't very good, imo.

Gremstein

Grumblevolcano

So here we are at the US one year anniversary of amiibo.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

ZanderShepherd

OK guys, I need your opinion. I just got my PAC-MAN (which had been waiting for me for a month at my mom's house), and I just ordered Meta Knight last weekend. Him included brings my total to 21. However, Shovel Knight is available for a very reasonable price on Dutch webstores right now, and he's often out of stock. Should I get him? I love Shovel Knight, and I have it on 3DS. However, seeing how I'm 17 and don't have a lot of money, and considering the holidays are coming which won't be very cheap, and considering that my family still wants a wish list from me, should I order him myself right now? I probably won't, but I want to know what you guys think.

ZanderShepherd

GauBan

@Poketendo: Not sure if Shovel Knight stock values atm. But as the general public seem to have lost interest with them. I've not had any problems finding them, even Mega Yarn Yoshi is easier to get.

As for if you should get one yourself? Could you not get one and ask people for money?

My personal option about letting family picking me stuff up. After many failures over the years I've never let them know the things I really wanted and ask for cash if possible.

GauBan

Twitter:

ZanderShepherd

@GauBan: Thanks for your answer. I in the end decided to hold off for now but I'll probably get him sometime in the future. But thanks for your answer anyway!

Now for something else. The Dutch Nintendo page is having a special Facebook/Twitter picture contest. Every week in december they'll announce a theme. You then have one week to send in a photo of your amiibo related to that theme. Each week a winner is chosen, and that winner receives four pre-determined amiibo. Last weeks theme was Sinterklaas (a Dutch holiday), and this week it's Christmas. The winner gets amiibo of Samus, Falco, Wario and Dr. Mario, none of which I have, but three of which I still want. Do you guys think I'll have a good chance with this one?
Untitled

ZanderShepherd

zache_nintendo

I'm now wondering what other lines of amiibo Nintendo will work after Smash Bros is done. Maybe more Pokemon and Mario amiibo?

zache_nintendo

ZanderShepherd

So my dad came home today and when he saw me he was like "I've got something for you." He's a carpenter, and today at his work he sawed out a few wooden blocks for me to use as an amiibo display. Previously they were all standing on the same shelf behind eachother in my display cabinet, which made some hard to see because they were being blocked by the bigger ones. This way, all of them are displayed somewhat equally. Thanks dad!
Untitled

ZanderShepherd

VelvetElvis

Is this the mega-thread we're supposed to use for all amiibo news?

In any case, the inevitable Callie and Marie amiibo have been announced (for Japan at least), along with some recolors of the Inkling Girl, Inkling Boy, and Inkling Squid:

I wonder what the Squid Sisters do when scanned? I can't read Japanese — it looks like maybe they bring a concert to the hub, a la Splatfest?

Honestly, I'm most stoked about a new standalone Squid amiibo. I never got that one due to the initial rarity of the Splatoon three-pack — I jumped on the Inkling Girl and Boy, since we were knee deep in the amiibo rarity craze at that point, and I'm not about to pay for them again just to get the Squid. Really hoping for a western release on those re-colors.

VelvetElvis

VelvetElvis

Excuse the double post, looks like they're North America bound, too:

My speculation was right — they perform songs (including some new ones) when you scan them. Available in a two-pack only, if you're buying in the West.

And since Nintendo of America seemingly read my above post and said, "Hey, you know what? Go f*** yourself," the recolors are only available in a three pack. Wonderful, he said, dripping with sarcasm.

EDIT: Aaaaand Europe gets their choice of separate Squid Sisters, a Squid Sisters two-pack, separate re-colors, or a re-color three-pack.

In other news, Nintendo continues to treat their largest market like a wasteland. Stay fresh, NoA.

Edited on by VelvetElvis

VelvetElvis

DefHalan

I wonder if the re-colors will do anything sifferent? I might get them just because lol

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

VelvetElvis

@DEfHalan, I can't for the life of me find out. I've seen some commentators and forum folks mention weapon variants (perhaps like the latest weapon packs?) but I can't find any confirmation.

It also looks like sites are now reporting that North America will be able to buy the Inkling Girl and Boy variants separately, but the Squid is still exclusive to a three-pack.

VelvetElvis

DefHalan

@VelvetElvis: I will probably get the 3 pack. I have seen the original 3 pack at toys r us, maybe you can sell your single figures and get the 3 pack to get the green squid.

I hope the re-color amiibo have challenges with some new weapons like the slosher, and maybe one of the abilities kinda like the original amiibo lol

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Akane

When I saw the news of the recoloured Splatoon amiibos my first thought were that Nintendo is trying to answer to the demand as the Splatoon amiibo are probably among the ones that can rarely be found in stores nowadays. I would be surprised if they offered something new in-game. My go-to retailer when it comes to amiibos still have the Squid and the Inkling Boy in stock but the Inkling Girl sold out months ago. But then again, there's never really been any shortage of amiibos in my country.

I honestly see it as a way of milking it. Now people who already own the amiibo and collect the figures have a reason to buy them too as they look different than the originals.

I already own both the Inkling Girl and the Squid amiibos. The latter I received with the game while the former I bought mainly because of the special challenges. I don't use the roller weapon in-game so I didn't really care for the Inkling Boy amiibo either. I'm not going to buy any of the recolored versions either since I really don't see the point.

The squid sisters amiibos look really cool. I like the details on them. I'd probably buy them on day one had they added something of real value to the game like new single player stages or challenges and new weapons but I'm not really interested in in-game musical performances. I might buy them if I can find them cheap (which I doubt) but I'd rather save up my money for the inevitable Zelda amiibo series.

Vendetta-Strada - A mafia game forum
Currently playing: Hyrule Warriors Legends, Pokémon Shuffle

Nintendo Network ID: NonEgo

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic