Forums

Topic: amiibo

Posts 101 to 120 of 1,777

GuSolarFlare

what next, removable power suit in the Samus Amiibo?

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

SkywardLink98

brewsky wrote:

SkywardLink98 wrote:

$20? Sorry Nintendo, but when the other guys are charging half that I'm afraid I won't be coughing up for 'em like I planned too. Of course, I expect these prices are just price holders like when Gamestop charged $100 for Wii U games.

To be fair, the figurines do look awesome, and you can use them across multiple games.

You can use Skylanders across multiple games and while they don't look quite as awesome they aren't bad by any stretch.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

Dreamz

GuSolarFlare wrote:

what next, removable power suit in the Samus Amiibo?

I'm actually a bit surprised they don't have a Zero Suit Samus amiibo available.

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Splatoon, Zelda U

SkywardLink98

I just want Lucina and Inigo figurines. A female Morgan and Owain wouldn't be bad either. Of course the only possible one there is Lucina.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.

Jazzer94

I'm not sure why anyone would feel anything for a toy Peach just seems weird to me.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Zizzy

If these Amiibo things are optional and are only sold for the novelty (as in, you can get the benefits without paying roughly $20 for a Smash character), then I think they're okay. I won't be buying any, but they'd be optional. If they're mandatory to get characters, then I think they're a slap in the face to gamers, much like map packs and other "extras" that should already come with a game.

Zizzy

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1585-6021 | Nintendo Network ID: Zizzy147

GuSolarFlare

Jazzer94 wrote:

I'm not sure why anyone would feel anything for a toy Peach just seems weird to me.

yeah, but did someone here truly feel something or they were just using the chance to make double meaning and perv jokes?

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
my Backloggery

Yoshi

Zizzy wrote:

If these Amiibo things are optional and are only sold for the novelty (as in, you can get the benefits without paying roughly $20 for a Smash character), then I think they're okay. I won't be buying any, but they'd be optional. If they're mandatory to get characters, then I think they're a slap in the face to gamers, much like map packs and other "extras" that should already come with a game.

I could consider it to be a tangible form of Nintendo-quality DLC.

You will need an amiibo to advantage of the amiibo-specific features in Smash Bros., but I can confidently say that you will still get a complete Smash game without an amiibo.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Jazzer94

GuSolarFlare wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

yeah, but did someone here truly feel something or they were just using the chance to make double meaning and perv jokes?

Could be both for all I know. o_0

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Zizzy

brewsky wrote:

Zizzy wrote:

I could consider it to be a tangible form of Nintendo-quality DLC.

You will need an amiibo to advantage of the amiibo-specific features in Smash Bros., but I can confidently say that you will still get a complete Smash game without an amiibo.

As long as they pull it off well, and make the content worth the cost. If that's the case, then I'd way rather have an awesome figure for my shelf than a card with a code for my garbage can.

Zizzy

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1585-6021 | Nintendo Network ID: Zizzy147

SkywardLink98

Zizzy wrote:

The only games I've ever played that had "map packs" are Sanctum 2 and Fire Emblem: Awakening. I didn't get into Sanctum 2, but Fire Emblem: Awakening's map packs didn't seem like withheld content to me.

MrWalkieTalkie

So what characters, items, etc. would YOU like to see as an amiibo figure? Here are some of my favorite characters I'd love to see as figurines:

King Dedede
Untitled
One my most favorites Nintendo characters ever, his chances of having an amiibo are incredibly high since Nintendo plans on making an amiibo for every playable character in Smash Bros.

Nabbit
Untitled
Quickly taking place as my favorite Mario character, I would love to see him have a figure. Best chances of Nabbit getting one would be if he were to be playable in Mario Party 10 (a game that'll have amiibo figures). Hopefully Nabbit will get more involved in the Mario series.

Midna
Untitled
Best chances of her getting an amiibo figure is if Hyrule Warriors were to get amiibo support in the future. It's certainly possible as Mario Kart 8 doesn't have amiibo figures NOW but has been confirmed to have amiibo support next year. So I don't see why other games can't get amiibo support later on after their release.

Jack
Untitled
I DEFINITELY see the inevitable Animal Crossing U having amiibo support, it just fits too well. And so I hope most of the special event characters have amiibo figures, and they could even release around the same time as their respective holidays for a limited time. So imagine a Jack amiibo coming out during October, or a Jingle amiibo releasing during December.

The Wonderful 101
Untitled
As I've stated several times in the past, The Wonderful 101 is my most favorite game ever. I always have my fingers crossed for a sequel, even Hideki Kamiya says he wants to do one. If so I hope the main 7 leaders (pictured) were to each get amiibo figures. I'd go insane with happiness if this were to actually happen!

So who would you like to have an amiibo of?

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

LordJumpMad

I can't wait to have an Amiibo of this.
Untitled

Edited on by LordJumpMad

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

Dreamz

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Bayonetta so far.

Untitled

I do agree however that the Wonderful101 characters are PERFECT for amiibo. I'm really surprised they're not already on the drawing board. Beyond that, the number one amiibo I would l like to have is Aurora, however since she's not a Nintendo-exclusive, that'll never happen.

Untitled

Edited on by Dreamz

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Splatoon, Zelda U

SkywardLink98

SkywardLink98 wrote:

I just want Lucina and Inigo figurines. A female Morgan and Owain wouldn't be bad either. Of course the only possible one there is Lucina.

Socar

I wonder if anything about F-Zero Amiibo figures will show up cause if that doesn't, then we can all agree that they forgot F-Zero completely.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

GuSolarFlare

Artwark wrote:

I wonder if anything about F-Zero Amiibo figures will show up cause if that doesn't, then we can all agree that they forgot F-Zero completely.

nah, it took over 20 years for Kid Icarus to get a sequel.

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

my Backloggery

Sean_Aaron

Jazzer94 wrote:

Sean_Aaron wrote:

Only the entry-level Skylanders are nine quid. The more popular ones are normally up to £15, so that seems okay to me. I expect my daughter will want Pikachu; for myself probably Donkey Kong - I like to stick with the classics!

These are about the same size as the £9 ones though the giants are larger and have movable parts (amiibo's don't seem to).

There was mention of amiibos potentially being larger, so I expect we will be seeing Giants level ones eventually.

I was thinking of the current Swap Force series when I posted that original comment, but their do seem to be non-swap/giant ones in different price ranges in the shops, so I get the sense there's some kind of tiering going on, though it might be retailer-driven rather than RRP from the manufacturer. Online purchases seem a lot more consistent in price, but the figures seem to have different levels of popularity/rarity, so again it seems £9-12 for smaller unarticulated figures from what I've seen. I don't doubt something similar will happen with amiibo.

One thing amiibo has going for it over Skylanders is that you don't need the figure to play the character and the figure could have some kind of yet-to-be-determined ancillary use in games they don't appear in. The latter makes even figures that are likely to be unpopular worthwhile.

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

kyuubikid213

I see the "Mii" in Amiibo... Will there be some way for me to have a kyuubikid213 amiibo figure?

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic